PDA

View Full Version : Last day for 2007

oldtimer
12-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Well I got one day for Bow hunting today and it was a cold one. Me and a friend went out and over the course of 5 hours driving and walking we saw in excess of 22 does and 5 bucks and 4 moose. Unfortunately all the bucks were 200 yds away except for one big 2 point I spotted bedded on a open slope in the middle of a cut block. I spotted him at about 200 yards just by luck and then tried to put a stalk on him. There was enough gulleys and stumps that I got up to about 100 yards and made the mistake of going too fast. I crested a rise and spotted him still bedded but nothing in between us I backed down and went around the little knoll we were on and came up again except this time I was a little too fast coming over the hill. All i saw was a huge explosion of powder snow and then a big white ass taking 20 foot bounds into the timber. By this time my ass was frozen and there was nothing except stumps between me and the timber so I left it alone. Came back in about an hour and there was 3 does there and they busted me right away.
All in all a great day hunting but bo was it cold ! Next year. Mike
P.S. Me and my buddy saw the biggest 2 point we have ever seen at 150 yards. He was HUGE !! sorry no pics

Bow Walker
12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Kinda makes you think once or twice about guns doesn't it Mike?

Keep the faith buddy - it'll happen again for you.

Thunderstix
12-06-2007, 06:52 AM
Don't make eye contact Mike, don't make eye contact!