PDA

View Full Version : Winter Spring Fishin?

dawn2dusk
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Well another hunting season wrapping up and another winter spring and halibut fishin season starting. Anyone been out fishin on the chuck lately around Victoria?

mY salmon reserves in the freezer are getting low maybe this weekend if weather cooperates.

Mr. Dean
12-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I take the winters off. My fishing will start (Hali's) when it's time to go for Spring Bears.

Might do some prawnibg/crabbing for new years, but that'll be about it.

Cap'n rotten
12-05-2007, 04:56 PM
hav'nt been out yet,but like to get ready for springs right after new years around comox & campbell river.like to find the feed and use a jellyfish uv flasher and irradescent white hoochies.usually gets good by the end of feb.with fish in the 15>20lb.class.
good luck!

bosch
12-12-2007, 02:31 PM
winters showing up around fraser island, Cheanuh Marina and Whirl Bay, 6-10 pounds on average, 3" coyote spoons with green and white or chrome worked well last year, fish close to the bottom...Good luck!

dawn2dusk
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Right on. Hope to head this sat. last weekend was too much weather for me

Good tip re: glow flashers and jellyfish hootchies

ratherbefishin
01-05-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd like to get out-but my fishing partner said he couldn't find any springs that last couple of weeks-when he was able to get out due to the wind.We fish Sooke Bluffs/Otter/Possession

ratherbefishin
01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
got out this morning-really cold and really slow-had three hits but nothing stuck.A seal followed us around-that never happened 40 years ago when we had a $5 bounty on a seals nose-you couldn't get within 100 yards of a seal if you tried-and they certainly didn't swim behind the boat....