PDA

View Full Version : Wolf cull pics released

SSG-man
04-23-2023, 04:21 PM
BC wolf cull pics have been released.
Here's the link

https://pacificwild.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/LWR-2022-23324-Records-colour.pdf?utm_source=coast%20reporter&utm_campaign=coast%20reporter%3A%20outbound&utm_medium=referral

kolofardos
04-23-2023, 04:28 PM
Thanks for that. Cheered me up a bit.

SSG-man
04-23-2023, 04:31 PM
No prob.
i know people like pics but here was the story it was from.

https://www.coastreporter.net/highlights/gruesome-photos-of-bc-wolf-cull-prompt-criticism-from-environmental-group-6886570

huntingfamily
04-23-2023, 04:57 PM
Pacific Wild lol

300rum700
04-23-2023, 05:00 PM
Looks like some pretty good shootin!

firebird
04-23-2023, 05:09 PM
Pacific Wild wants “controlled head shots”, from a helicopter lol. All the pictures posted show good shooting on the gunner to hit a running wolf from a helicopter.

edit - wolves that have been shot at before from aircraft will try and stay directly under it if they don’t have good cover

srupp
04-23-2023, 05:11 PM
hmmm noted tag on a ear..or perhaps a woke wolf..
collars on 1 or 2..judas wolf scenario?

very very well fed for a deep snow,long winter...
would have expected better fur ?
hmm 1600 culled...
animal rights ding dongs demanded photos...seeking reasons to further bitch and whine.
some good shooting IMO.
Steven

IronNoggin
04-23-2023, 05:19 PM
Casavant et al can simply go piss up a rope as far as I am concerned.

Simply attempting to sensationalize a necessity in order to pluck heart strings into giving them more coin.

AssHats! :mad:

bearvalley
04-23-2023, 05:24 PM
Casavant et al can simply go piss up a rope as far as I am concerned.

Simply attempting to sensationalize a necessity in order to pluck heart strings into giving them more coin.

AssHats! :mad:
Completely agree with you Matt!
Casavants opinion isn’t worth shit.
He’s a tool for Raincoast to try and lead the public into believing the man has “expert” knowledge on predators & the COS.
The truth is that the man was an embarrassment in the COS, got fired and joined the antis to get even and paid.

john-brennan
04-23-2023, 06:12 PM
The ungulates will be happy in that area, I don"t mind either

Imdone
04-23-2023, 08:53 PM
Good accuracy by the Gunners.

A much quicker death than nature it's self.

Thanks for posting.

And Yes Casavant is trying to make a name for himself and past failures .

breakaction
04-23-2023, 09:06 PM
Purely out of curiosity, is there any attempt made to make use of the fur/pelts?

HarryToolips
04-23-2023, 09:23 PM
Really good to see, I don't like death but in order to help our ungulate populations it is necessary... I do not have time to read the entire link, how many were killed and in what area(s)?

bearvalley
04-23-2023, 09:28 PM
Really good to see, I don't like death but in order to help our ungulate populations it is necessary... I do not have time to read the entire link, how many were killed and in what area(s)?

1600 over the last few years.
All in areas that mountain caribou are classified as a species at risk.
Not enough or in time.
I’m sure the caribou didn’t like death either.
Predator management is a crucial component of wildlife management and removing the offending predators is the only feasible solution.

snakeplain
04-23-2023, 09:36 PM
It all sounds good, but, too little too late year-by-year, ungulates will still be going down.

bearvalley
04-23-2023, 09:49 PM
It all sounds good, but, too little too late year-by-year, ungulates will still be going down.

This statement is so true!
Whats pathetic is that our provincial government has not reduced predator numbers to enhance ungulate populations.
BC politicians sit back and do nothing until the Federal government’s designates a species of ungulate such as Mountain Caribou a “species at risk”.
By the time helicopters hit the air and recovery actions start the caribou herd that is to be recovered is a mere fraction of what it was in the historical past.
One major flaw in the “ Provincial Grey Wolf Management Plan” is the wording “wolf reduction cannot take place to increase ungulate populations for the benefit of hunting”.
Just think of what could be done if that was struck and replaced with the wording “ wolves must be managed to maintain sustainable sustenance hunting for First Nations communities”.
Then watch our BC government get off its ass!

j270wsm
04-24-2023, 04:51 AM
^^^^ and the added support from all the woke pro ndp/native sympathizers

Norwestalta
04-24-2023, 06:12 AM
Purely out of curiosity, is there any attempt made to make use of the fur/pelts?

I'm not positive but my uncle delivered barrels of helicopter fuel down the ojay rd for one of these operations. He was told that the area trappers were to get the GPS coordinates of the dead wolves to go collect them. I

HarryToolips
04-24-2023, 06:43 AM
1600 over the last few years.
All in areas that mountain caribou are classified as a species at risk.
Not enough or in time.
I’m sure the caribou didn’t like death either.
Predator management is a crucial component of wildlife management and removing the offending predators is the only feasible solution.

I absolutely agree regarding predator management... and definitely agree regarding it not being enough, optimally, they'd put the other ungulate species as a much higher priority as well,and cull more wolves in an effort to recover those populations as well..

Thanks for the reply..

HarryToolips
04-24-2023, 06:55 AM
This statement is so true!
Whats pathetic is that our provincial government has not reduced predator numbers to enhance ungulate populations.
BC politicians sit back and do nothing until the Federal government’s designates a species of ungulate such as Mountain Caribou a “species at risk”.
By the time helicopters hit the air and recovery actions start the caribou herd that is to be recovered is a mere fraction of what it was in the historical past.
One major flaw in the “ Provincial Grey Wolf Management Plan” is the wording “wolf reduction cannot take place to increase ungulate populations for the benefit of hunting”.
Just think of what could be done if that was struck and replaced with the wording “ wolves must be managed to maintain sustainable sustenance hunting for First Nations communities”.
Then watch our BC government get off its ass!
No doubt...as mentioned earlier in another thread I believe, we need to get FN's on our side, and on board somehow with a wolf cull...where do you guys suggest we start?

breakaction
04-24-2023, 04:16 PM
I'm not positive but my uncle delivered barrels of helicopter fuel down the ojay rd for one of these operations. He was told that the area trappers were to get the GPS coordinates of the dead wolves to go collect them. I

That’s pretty cool. Thanks for the info. Seems like the shot placement left a lot of clean pelts judging by the photos.

Norwestalta
04-24-2023, 09:53 PM
That’s pretty cool. Thanks for the info. Seems like the shot placement left a lot of clean pelts judging by the photos.

Don't know for sure if the did or not because a guy I know traps down there and said they never notified him. Might not of been working on his trapline so hard to say. I'm not sure if those are the guys from Nz but I figure they can shoot.

4 point
04-25-2023, 08:07 PM
How about some pictures for the masses of the dead torn apart animals the wolves have killed. Maybe that would bring some context to the matter.