PDA

View Full Version : Cell cam reccomendations

Samuel
04-06-2023, 09:18 PM
I hope to be more productive with scoutting this season, which includes getting some cameras out. I have a couple Spypoint Flex cams but they have US sim cards, they do make a Canadian carrier version. Just curious what do ya'll recommend for cameras? Thanks!

Sportster
04-06-2023, 09:50 PM
I use spypoint micro, works pretty good as long as you can get cell service.

Wentrot
04-07-2023, 05:03 AM
I agree with the above post, I have many SpyPoint link micro cameras. You’ll hear people say that they have issues getting photos to transfer but it’s simply due to not keeping up to date on the firmware updates.

.330 Dakota
04-07-2023, 06:55 AM
I have 2 StealthCam Command Pro cameras, and they are working great. I use them in my yard for security in the off hunting season. Bought them through Cabela's online. They were on sale for $180

KootenayKiller
04-07-2023, 09:29 AM
New hunter, so sorry if this is a silly question... but when do you guys start scouting? From page 11 of the regulations:

"IT IS UNLAWFUL TO:"..."9. To use a wireless camera for the purposes of hunting from Aug. 1 to Dec. 10, except in Region 1 (see page 20 for further details)." I have a spypoint link camera also, and was planning to just remove the antenna for use during hunting season.

Samuel
04-07-2023, 12:10 PM
June and July from what I've heard

BCHunterTV
04-07-2023, 02:33 PM
tactcam gen 2 is what im using...stealthcam and muddy are junk compared

Im running 4 tactcams and have 1 muddy thats still kicking

Wentrot
04-07-2023, 02:49 PM
New hunter, so sorry if this is a silly question... but when do you guys start scouting? From page 11 of the regulations:

"IT IS UNLAWFUL TO:"..."9. To use a wireless camera for the purposes of hunting from Aug. 1 to Dec. 10, except in Region 1 (see page 20 for further details)." I have a spypoint link camera also, and was planning to just remove the antenna for use during hunting season.

I don’t use mine for hunting, simply wildlife viewing.

Bugle M In
04-07-2023, 03:48 PM
Yup, don’t have a wireless sat cam up during those months.
You may see some being used for wildlife studies or by FN to patrol unauthorized access.
But CO’s will remove them if reported.

ekul246
04-07-2023, 05:57 PM

Scouting all year. I keep my cams up 365 days a year. They’re not cell cams and are out of reception anyway. Amazon cams for $50 and they’re great. Just bought a couple apeman cams I’m going to give a try. Picked up cheap off marketplace.

HighCountryBC
04-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Yup, don’t have a wireless sat cam up during those months.
You may see some being used for wildlife studies or by FN to patrol unauthorized access.
But CO’s will remove them if reported.

They function as regular trail cameras with the plan turned off.

CO's aren't removing cameras that have an antenna just because someone reports one.