PDA

View Full Version : Road Report, Harrison West?

Phoneguy
12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
Might be able to get a day hunt in Sunday. Anyone tell me the conditions recently.....

Thanks
James

Phoneguy
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Trying again as Sunday is approaching. Wives are going shopping, men (and boy) are getting out. What can I expect for road conditions (and walking too) out Harrison West way. Someone has got to have been out there recently?

Thanks
James

~T-BONE~
12-07-2007, 10:07 AM
As far as snow goes there probably be none at lower elevations. The road should be open through to Port Douglas as there is a hydro electric project going on up near the end of the lake. There are company memebers from Kewitt Power use this road often and about 300 plus labourers in camp! If I had to guess I would say the road is open.

hunter11
12-07-2007, 06:04 PM
I went up to the west side of Harrison from Agassiz on Wed and for the first couple km the road is ok. After that you will have snow about 1/2 feet high. I didn't go up any further just in case. I don't want to get stuck in those ditches. Other than that no sign of any animals. Good luck hopefully you'll see something. There's definetly a nasty smell as you enter by the hatchery.