PDA

View Full Version : curious - Liumshen Mountain

newhunterette
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
I am just wondering if anyone has ever hunted the liumshen mountain area in Chilliwack? I know it has some good fishing but looking into the area for hunting

Ali

CooperSscat
12-03-2007, 06:21 PM
I've never hunted that side of the Chilliwack River Valley before. It looks like nice subalpine hunting though. I may have to do some summer scouting up that way next year.

Jeremy

Ddog
12-03-2007, 08:23 PM
yup,,hunted there lots

Mr. Dean
12-03-2007, 10:38 PM
Hunt it??? I can't even pronounce it!

Mtn Wonderer
12-03-2007, 10:45 PM
FYI

I live right at Cultus Lake, your not supposed to go up hunting in the alpine to hunt any more, if you go up the the hiking trail sign to windy point. Pretty Much only quad access to this point now, semi-deactivated road. Anyway the new sign put up by the ministry says no hunting ecological reserve. Which is a real bummer because I hunted back there quite a bit, never took a deer out though.

There is however quite abit of timber to hunt down lower though, weekends aren't very good because the area sees alot of recreational quads and dirtbikers.

David Heitsman
12-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Now let me get this straight...or did I misunderstand your post. You can dirt bike and ruin the terrain with your ATV but can't hunt there or were you refering to lower elevations?

Mtn Wonderer
12-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Sorry, dirtbikes and Quads will just get you to the trail head pretty much. Not now with all the snow though.
I have a hunting sidekick and I can make it up (to the trailhead) when
it 's dry but I don't care about the paint and it is narrow for the slide areas.

Again, I think its really a shame about the closing and I haven't ever read about a closed area but I have seen the sign.

Mtn Wonderer
12-03-2007, 11:16 PM
I'm am not even sure if your still supposed to be able to fish the lake?

The CO's have there local office here at the lake at I have never seen them venture out that way.
I like backcountry ski up there in jan/feb on the way up I have seen elk sign a few times.

newhunterette
12-04-2007, 09:07 AM
it is a real shame that they closed it off to fishing and hunting - like I said it has been a long time since we were up there - was a great place to hike with the kids when they were little - so I was just thinking about it and how it would be up there again becasue it is close to home - oh well story of the outdoorsman's life I guess that eventually the government takes things away - sigh

guess i'll be glad for the videos I have of trips up there and pics from the years we did go there and have a great fishing story that I may share one day with y'all

thanks for your input by the way

oh Mr Dean it is pronounced "LEE UM SHEN" hehehehehehe

Ali

Dirty
12-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Well I did a little seraching on the internet. As soon as I saw the words "Northern Spotted Owl", I realized why it is an ecological reserve.

Dirty
12-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Forgot to add, it doesn't say anything about fishing Ali, just no trailbuilding, hunting, or camping.

newhunterette
12-04-2007, 10:26 AM
now it makes even more sense - the spotted owl story