PDA

View Full Version : California Bighorn Record

BCrams
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
As previously posted.

It is now official. Soundly beating the old record by an even 2 inches and is now the provincial record.

Official details. 193 5/8 net. It grossed 193 7/8. The lengths are R - 43 1/8 by L - 43 4/8 with L - 16 2/8 and R - 16 1/8 bases. Hell of a ram.

fourbyfour
12-02-2007, 09:25 PM
pics please!!

Maxx
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Bc Rams- Has it been 60 days already??

BCrams
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Ram was shot on September 28th. So yes, it has been 60 days.

fourbyfour - the pics are already on here if you do a search. I'm just too lazy to go get them and repaste them here.

Gateholio
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Ataboy. Well done...:D

I guess every sheep huntier will flock there next year.

(PS, the big guy is dead):cool:

Freshtracks
12-03-2007, 12:42 AM
Ataboy. Well done...:D

I guess every sheep huntier will flock there next year.

(PS, the big guy is dead):cool:

I have good inside info his dad got away ... last seen heading to Clearwater. :tongue:

Bighorn hunter
12-03-2007, 08:24 AM
dose anyone know which mu he came from

RiverOtter
12-03-2007, 11:06 AM
dose anyone know which mu he came from

9-11

RO:evil:

MattB
12-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I heard that ram was taken in clearwater....:twisted:

Orangethunder
12-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Either way that ram is a total hog, congrats to the lucky hunter.

If I were a sheep hunter I wouldn't even apply for an LEH next year, there are rams like that behind every bush in the Cariboo:lol:.

Just to be a decent guy I will suck it up and take the Kamloops Lake LEH, only this once though...8-)

Mtn Wonderer
12-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I heard a little trash on this ram, but that may be just what it is.

Anyway here goes, this Ram was taken near the Fraser and was spotted from a helicopter(apparently during a count I believe on sheep(Co's were involved on the count)) Not sure!!! , I don't how many days before it was taken But more than likely a few, to make it all legal and stuff.

The guys that took the ram were linked to the count some how.

Then I heard that some were questioning fair chase??

Sounds like if any of this were true, that it is all sorted out now.

I all know the fellow that took this ram is one lucky guy and has a ram for ten sheep hunters lifetimes, good on Ya!!!

1/2 slam
12-04-2007, 12:34 AM

Anyway here goes, this Ram was taken near the Fraser and was spotted from a helicopter(apparently during a count I believe on sheep(Co's were involved on the count)) Not sure!!! , I don't how many days before it was taken But more than likely a few, to make it all legal and stuff.

The guys that took the ram were linked to the count some how.

I all know the fellow that took this ram is one lucky guy and has a ram for ten sheep hunters lifetimes, good on Ya!!!

Then don't post rumors like this .....FACTS ONLY

As usual when someone gets a whopper the horsesh*t starts...JEALOUSY

Mtn Wonderer
12-04-2007, 06:31 AM
enough said!!

boxhitch
12-04-2007, 07:13 AM

!!More trash talk. Your creation ? stirring the pot ?

boxhitch
12-04-2007, 07:14 AM
enough said!!too much, unless you can get facts ??? Til then, its only slanderous.

David Heitsman
12-04-2007, 06:46 PM
I've done a helicopter sheep count and will be doing another shortly...
does this mean that if and when I get another ram it somehow lessons the feat? Not!

Congrats to the hunter and I think it is just fantastic that there are still record breaking sheep and other animals alive and in our province.

Valerius Geist was questioned once if he felt the Chadwick ram would be surpassed and he answered definetly and sometime soon he felt. I have no idea what he based that on as he didn't elaborate but it gives me hope
to keep looking.

blackbart
12-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I saw the pictures that were posted earlier this year. No doubt it is a fantastic ram, makes make most bighorns look small.

The math on the score measurements posted does not add up though. The measurements posted indicate at least 4/8" difference between the gross and net (never mind the additional circumfrances that wern't posted). This difference between gross and net is greater than the origional post indicates in final score.

Probably reached its size by living in a no hunting zone during the early fall months. Isn't there a spot like that near Clearwater???

mark4
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Interesting story indeed.

Brambles
02-20-2008, 10:06 PM
2/8" deductions:eek:, damn he's almost a non typical.:lol:

Thats amazing.8-)

GrizGuy92
02-20-2008, 10:17 PM
where are these pictures!

one-shot-wonder
02-20-2008, 10:49 PM
I heard that ram was taken in clearwater....:twisted:

Of course everything big comes out of Clearwater......especially the egos!

dana
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
http://www.boone-crockett.org/news/trophyWatch_month.asp?area=news&year=2007&month=12

Thor Rider 88
02-21-2008, 06:25 AM
i no the guy who shot it, his names chris my uncles grew up with him, it wasnt from no ****in chopper

GrizGuy92
02-21-2008, 08:31 AM
http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd250/Wtfwowomgbbq/BCRam.jpg
This fantastic California bighorn was taken by Chris Hodel in British Columbia this fall. It was just recently officially scored by Rick Berreth at 193-5/8. Rick went on to say that it was one of the most perfect sheep he has ever scored. According to BC's provincial records program, this sets a new provincial record for California bighorn. B&C records don't distinguish between subspecies of Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep, so this trophy will be entered in the bighorn sheep category. Congratulations, Chris, on a fine ram.