PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a gun without a physical card

zfamz
02-13-2023, 01:13 PM
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this question, but I recently got my license issued and after calling the CFO. I was informed that due to a printing backlog my card won't come for at least 4 weeks. The lady however did give me my PAL number. I understand that most gun stores will need to have a physical copy of my card to sell to me. But could I purchase a firearm online with just my number since now I technically have my license issued?

high horse Hal
02-13-2023, 01:17 PM
they will likely need to see the photo to confirm you are the one behind the number

Livewire322
02-13-2023, 01:24 PM
I’ve never once been asked to send in a photo of my PAL for an online purchase from a dealer. The PAL # is all that has been required of me in the past.

Now, using the firearm without a valid card would be a different story…

Ron.C
02-13-2023, 01:29 PM
Not uncommon now for retailers to request photo proof when purchasing online. Some like Corlanes state the following on their website when going to checkout.

" Email linked to PAL is required field. Photo of PAL + secondary photo ID (front & back of both) "

If in doubt, best to call the specific retailer and ask.

high horse Hal
02-13-2023, 01:54 PM
Livewire, Things have changed with the new regs, CFO has to be contacted for all retails sales for approvals
id is mandatory now

adriaticum
02-13-2023, 01:55 PM
You will have to wait.

wideopenthrottle
02-13-2023, 02:14 PM
perhaps present your old card and let them know you are waiting for the new one...after your card # there is a dot and 3 zeros with the last number representing the version number. tell them to just add one number to the version number. i am on .0006 so for my next card it will be .0007

Edzzed
02-13-2023, 04:13 PM
Send me the money, I buy rifle for you. When you get the license. I give you rifle. Then you will only have to wait 4 weeks. lol It won't kill you to wait. If a rifle goes on sale, Talk to the store about a deposit or price hold subject to presenting a license.

Livewire322
02-13-2023, 04:44 PM
Livewire, Things have changed with the new regs, CFO has to be contacted for all retails sales for approvals
id is mandatory now

Someone might want to tell that to Cabelas… they just ask for your PAL #, email address, and name/D.O.B

Bustercluck
02-13-2023, 05:51 PM
There’s only one way to find out. Put an order in amd see what happens.

Steeleco
02-14-2023, 05:54 AM
There’s only one way to find out. Put an order in amd see what happens.

If that don't work, place a deposit and hold the item till your able to show a card.

high horse Hal
02-14-2023, 09:15 AM
Someone might want to tell that to Cabelas… they just ask for your PAL #, email address, and name/D.O.B
good on them for non-compliance