PDA

View Full Version : DIY Decoy Stakes?

maze
02-10-2023, 01:20 AM
I was looking at making some of my own decoy stakes, but steel rod seems pretty pricey right now... what else could i use for decoy stakes? Or should I just bite the bullet on the price. It would be for shell decoys, so I could have movement in the spread.

silveragent
02-10-2023, 01:21 PM
Extremely temporary.. how about bamboo sticks?

MOUNTAIN MICKEY
02-10-2023, 06:52 PM
Fiberglass rods at the dollar store--heavier 3/8 rods--noticed them a couple days ago----might work for you

BimmerBob
02-10-2023, 07:09 PM
How about old golf club shafts? Should be able to get a lot of them for free as they are thrown out?

maze
02-11-2023, 08:16 PM
Extremely temporary.. how about bamboo sticks?
I was looking at those, but i would prefer if they could last more than a season hahaha. If i can't find something more suitable, i may just go that route.

Fiberglass rods at the dollar store--heavier 3/8 rods--noticed them a couple days ago----might work for you
Are those the gardening ones? i might just check those out. I'd probably just have to sand a sharp point onto the bottom side to get them in the ground a bit easier... Thanks!

How about old golf club shafts? Should be able to get a lot of them for free as they are thrown out?
I should scout Facebook marketplace a bit haha. Thanks for the idea.