PDA

View Full Version : Buying ammo on line

leftfield
02-09-2023, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy some ammo and trying to find the best pricing from online sellers. What I'm looking for are 22 (lots), 3030 lever, 300wsm and 410. Now I know some of these are harder to find but I have to ask. In particular are the 22 rounds, something like a CCI standard that will work in both a semi 10/22 and a cz457 bolt action. Thanks in advance for any info

Iron Glove
02-09-2023, 12:00 PM
Recently ordered on line from Reliable, "competitive" prices for what I wanted, you can check availability on line. Was shipped @ an hour later, Purolator Delivery next day.

IronNoggin
02-09-2023, 12:33 PM
I will second IG's assessment of Reliable's performance.
Decent prices for extremely limited type of ammo I was seeking.
In hand the next day.

Cheers

RackStar
02-09-2023, 12:40 PM
300wsm is hard one to find. I only have 12 rounds left , if I take 2 shots before season I should be able to limp it through another season. I guess I should get into reloading.

ElectricDyck
02-09-2023, 01:18 PM
Reloading is worse off imo.

TheObserver
02-09-2023, 01:30 PM
300wsm is hard one to find. I only have 12 rounds left , if I take 2 shots before season I should be able to limp it through another season. I guess I should get into reloading.

Chances are you will have a harder time finding primers than you will your ammo. I can get everything else and sometimes the right powder can be trouble to get, but primers whole different animal.

RackStar
02-09-2023, 01:34 PM
I have a hefty stock pile of 180 partitions for my 300wm. I guess it will be a win mag year.

Elkaddict
02-09-2023, 01:56 PM
It’s been said before but bears repeating, the folks at Prophet River firearms are great to deal with if they have what you are looking for.

BRvalley
02-09-2023, 02:11 PM
prophet river for me, always happy dealing with them

Gateholio
02-09-2023, 02:33 PM
300WSM and 410 have been really hard to find. I know multiple people looking for this ammo. So buy it where you find it, and next time things are good you should stock up on stuff you need :)

wallz
02-09-2023, 03:23 PM
Tiger Arms always has good pricing on ammo. I shop anywhere from the BC coast to the Eastern coast. In BC you will be paying both taxes, and that is way more than paying for shipping from further away. Plus, some places have a min of $300 and shipping is free.

I have not shopped for any of those, so can not steer you to any particular store, besides trying Ammobin.ca and searching from there.

CCI I would imagine would be cheapest locally, and usually Can tire, or if you can get to Cabella's will have decent pricing.

For me, if I find a store that say has one type slightly more than another store, but overall I hit a min purchase and free shipping, well, that is a no brainer as you still save overall.
Prophet River, Tesro, Bullseye North, Western Metal. Huge looooong list of stores I have purchased from, and very rarely bad service.

Start with ammo bin, and click, click, click away. For me an hour on the web is cheaper than going to 3 or 4 stores, and quicker, and usually more savings. I'm all for shopping at your local ma and pa shop, and trust me I do that enough as well.

Last ammo purchase was from Ontario. Great sale price, only one tax, and only $37 for shipping 200 rounds. Can't argue that one at all.

moosinaround
02-09-2023, 03:47 PM
Have you tried some of our site sponsors? I know if Nechako Outdoors has it in stock, its in your hands less than a week later!! Call Mark, he will hook you up!! Moosin

RambleOn
02-09-2023, 04:09 PM
I hedge to bet the easy to find online stuff was bought up a long time ago. I think most shops do a lot of online business, especially over the past few years, and are well practiced and therefore provide great service. Legend has it there is inventory out there in the smaller stores. Away from the internet and hiding in the nooks and crannies. Might need to be a literal treasure hunter to find some 300wsm and some 410 though. Maybe hiding under a pile of primers next to the powder.

Gateholio
02-09-2023, 06:21 PM
Have you tried some of our site sponsors? I know if Nechako Outdoors has it in stock, its in your hands less than a week later!! Call Mark, he will hook you up!! Moosin

Yup, Nechako is always my first stop. :)

horshur
02-09-2023, 07:14 PM
Nechako is having a promo free shipping over 100.

jlirot
02-09-2023, 07:18 PM
The US is different - but up here I find the online guys aren't really any less expensive than your local shop. If they are it's not significant enough to make any real difference.

I shoot common calibers on purpose.....

leftfield
02-09-2023, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately Nechako doesn't have what I'm after. Reliable has some of what I'm after and they aren't too far away so I guess I'll give them a shot. Thanks again

250 sav
02-09-2023, 08:45 PM
Nechako is great to order from if they have it. Sometimes checking stores is the way to go though, picked up a couple boxes of 410 and 200 large rifle primers today at a shop I just stopped by. Store had a 2 box limit and 200 primer limit. Winchester 300 wsm are available at several stores now but only in 150 grain deer season.

TheObserver
02-11-2023, 01:04 PM
If your looking for 300wsm they have 8 boxes of Winchester Deer Season xp 150 grain at bass pro in twassen, no other brands or grains but there is 160 rounds right there, at 90$ a box

leftfield
02-12-2023, 02:31 PM
Thanks again man, I picked up two boxes of the 150gr today. I'll have to site in a couple before I head out this year but it's good to have some back up

If your looking for 300wsm they have 8 boxes of Winchester Deer Season xp 150 grain at bass pro in twassen, no other brands or grains but there is 160 rounds right there, at 90$ a box