PDA

View Full Version : Through Our Eyes - Conservation Film Project - 350" Bull

porthunter
02-01-2023, 06:46 PM
This weekend at the Wild Sheep Society's Northern Convention, "Through Our Eyes" Produced by Frontiersmen Gear will officially premiere.

This was a hunt I was fortunate to have Tanner invite me on and be a small part of the project and couldn't be more excited to share with others.

The film is focused on what us as hunters experience and see on the landscapes we so fortunately get to experience in the pursuit of some of the species we get to chase.

Here's the link to the film as it is now out;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbO0afl5_hM&t=10s

Arctic Lake
02-01-2023, 09:17 PM
If one is not attending when and how can one see this film ?
Thank You
Arctic Lake

porthunter
02-02-2023, 07:50 PM
If one is not attending when and how can one see this film ?
Thank You
Arctic Lake

It will be shown at the WSFA Banquet and then the WSSBC Banquet in Kamloops. Once those are all complete, it is being viewed by discovery plus to possibly be picked up there, if it isn’t it will be on YouTube.

Arctic Lake
02-02-2023, 07:56 PM
Thank You for letting us know !
Arctic Lake
It will be shown at the WSFA Banquet and then the WSSBC Banquet in Kamloops. Once those are all complete, it is being viewed by discovery plus to possibly be picked up there, if it isn’t it will be on YouTube.

bud-aboom
02-07-2023, 07:25 PM
Anyone have a ticket to the kamloops convention?

Husky7mm
02-09-2023, 04:22 PM
That is a very intriguing trailer, love that country, love caribou and moose. I will be checking it out for sure. Thank you for the heads up.

porthunter
03-19-2023, 12:07 PM
Hey All,

The film is now officially up on YouTube after several private showings!

Here's the link, let us know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbO0afl5_hM

Yuritau
03-19-2023, 09:56 PM
That was a great watch, thank you for posting it.

RackStar
03-20-2023, 11:20 AM
I guess the existing members that come on here are to pre occupied posting garbage in the covid page to acknowledge a amazing film and hunting content. 24 hrs and 1 reply. No wonder this sites a bygone.

terrific story and film, amazing cinematography, good job guys and thanks for posting this so I could enjoy the film.

I look forward to more.

porthunter
03-20-2023, 11:56 AM
That was a great watch, thank you for posting it.

Thank you!

I guess the existing members that come on here are to pre occupied posting garbage in the covid page to acknowledge a amazing film and hunting content. 24 hrs and 1 reply. No wonder this sites a bygone.

terrific story and film, amazing cinematography, good job guys and thanks for posting this so I could enjoy the film.

I look forward to more.

Yea, was a little surprised but it is what it is. Appreciate the support! We have 2 more planned coming up in the next year that I think are going to be big hits with a similar approach as this to hunts not often documented.

RackStar
03-20-2023, 02:56 PM
Good luck to you fellas. I plan on buying some frontiersman gear products this year. I’d like to support his company it’s nice to see people doing what they love.

was that a 30-30 he was packin?

Jereky
03-20-2023, 03:04 PM
Nicely done!

porthunter
03-20-2023, 03:43 PM
Good luck to you fellas. I plan on buying some frontiersman gear products this year. I’d like to support his company it’s nice to see people doing what they love.

was that a 30-30 he was packin?

Not quite! 45-70. He's working on hopefully taking his super 10 with it eventually.

Nicely done!

Thank you!

DannyO
03-20-2023, 04:46 PM
Who shot the film? It’s beautiful, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!

porthunter
03-20-2023, 06:15 PM
Who shot the film? It’s beautiful, I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!

It was shot by Matt Ziniel! He's the man behind the camera and does a lot of work with Jim Shockey.

Will definitely be getting him back for future projects.

DMD
03-20-2023, 07:23 PM
Just got a chance to watch it. Great job! Amazing cinematography, message and a great bull. Makes me pumped for fall hunting.

porthunter
03-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Just got a chance to watch it. Great job! Amazing cinematography, message and a great bull. Makes me pumped for fall hunting.

Thanks! definitely was a special bull.

Spy
03-20-2023, 09:25 PM

I look forward to more.
This thread was started awhile ago but here you are hijacking a good thread for self gain. I’ve been checking back and forth periodically to see if a video had been posted. I would suggest the OP post up the video In a new thread so it does not get lost with what looks to be news on an upcoming event which has now passed. I’m sure there would be more interested and more views if “ members” knew of said video.
I would have liked to see the kill shot but that’s just me as I think it shows the full picture. Good video otherwise thanks for posting.

Greenthumbed
03-21-2023, 06:15 AM
Great film. I really enjoyed the scenery and the message. I liked seeing the fella hunting with the lever and iron! That’s some open country for a rifle like that! I kind don’t think he took the shot with it, though.

BeerMan
03-21-2023, 06:46 AM
Watched it last night. Really well done! My wife really enjoyed it to, she doesn't hunt but loved the scenery.

porthunter
03-21-2023, 07:00 AM
This thread was started awhile ago but here you are hijacking a good thread for self gain. I’ve been checking back and forth periodically to see if a video had been posted. I would suggest the OP post up the video In a new thread so it does not get lost with what looks to be news on an upcoming event which has now passed. I’m sure there would be more interested and more views if “ members” knew of said video.
I would have liked to see the kill shot but that’s just me as I think it shows the full picture. Good video otherwise thanks for posting.

Didn't want to have duplicate threads on the same thing, but maybe I will do that. Thanks!

Great film. I really enjoyed the scenery and the message. I liked seeing the fella hunting with the lever and iron! That’s some open country for a rifle like that! I kind don’t think he took the shot with it, though.

Unforuntately he didnt take it with the lever. We tried to show that when he asked me to pass him the rifle and couldn't find a better way to show that with what we had. The goal was to take it with the lever but 240yds wasn't the place for a lever when I had my scoped rifle right there.

Watched it last night. Really well done! My wife really enjoyed it to, she doesn't hunt but loved the scenery.

Awesome! Thank you for the support! The non hunting public was the target audience for this film

Maximizetime2hunt
03-21-2023, 09:06 AM
Watched this film last night with my boy.Really well done, tastefully edited and great footage! I like that you focused on the conservation end of the film as much or more than the actual hunt.Great way to target/include the non hunting community.
Definitely got myself and my son pumped up for the upcoming season!
Thanks for Sharing.

RackStar
03-21-2023, 09:33 AM

self gain? What am I gaining? Hijacking would be defined as your goofy ass comment. I was stating hard facts.

Your soft as ice cream son

Imdone
03-21-2023, 09:39 AM
Great video, great share !
Thanks for posting, that right there is what it's all about

kitnayakwa77
03-21-2023, 10:23 AM
Great film I liked the cinematography and the message was good for non hunters to open their eyes. Habitat habitat habitat …That country in the fall sure is beautiful! I’m glad it’s on Leh with the old mining roads providing access Great bull too!

mooseknuckler
03-21-2023, 10:52 AM
Great film, great sound track, great country...well done.

porthunter
03-21-2023, 11:49 AM
Watched this film last night with my boy.Really well done, tastefully edited and great footage! I like that you focused on the conservation end of the film as much or more than the actual hunt.Great way to target/include the non hunting community.
Definitely got myself and my son pumped up for the upcoming season!
Thanks for Sharing.

Thank you! hopefully your boy enjoyed as well!

Great video, great share !
Thanks for posting, that right there is what it's all about

Thank you!

Great film I liked the cinematography and the message was good for non hunters to open their eyes. Habitat habitat habitat …That country in the fall sure is beautiful! I’m glad it’s on Leh with the old mining roads providing access Great bull too!

That was the goal, help the non hunter better understand us! Thanks!

Great film, great sound track, great country...well done.

Thank you!

cuervosail
03-21-2023, 07:47 PM
I watched it this morning. A terrific film with a great message. Congratulations, and a job well-done to all those involved.

Ambush
03-21-2023, 09:40 PM
Congrats fellas! Vast country, nice mature bull and great film!!

porthunter
03-22-2023, 09:02 AM
I watched it this morning. A terrific film with a great message. Congratulations, and a job well-done to all those involved.

Thank you! Looking forward to putting out more.

Congrats fellas! Vast country, nice mature bull and great film!!

Sure was a great bull! Thank you

BCbillies
03-22-2023, 10:11 AM
Reminded me of watching a Donnie Vincent film which is saying something! Very captivating and really captures the essence of why we hunt. Great work fellows!!!

HarryToolips
03-22-2023, 10:43 AM
Fantastic documentary, fantastic bull harvested, congrats all around, love the message you guys are conveying...spectacular country as well, nothing like the high country, hats off to you guys and thanks for posting...

Oh and you're definitely right about the grizzly populations..

porthunter
03-22-2023, 09:06 PM
Reminded me of watching a Donnie Vincent film which is saying something! Very captivating and really captures the essence of why we hunt. Great work fellows!!!

Thanks buddy!

Fantastic documentary, fantastic bull harvested, congrats all around, love the message you guys are conveying...spectacular country as well, nothing like the high country, hats off to you guys and thanks for posting...

Oh and you're definitely right about the grizzly populations..

Thanks, appreciate it! We definitely have an ever growing population of them...