PDA

View Full Version : Lake Babine Nation

SteelyDan
01-30-2023, 07:29 PM
I saw three days ago, in the CBC news, that 250 square miles were fee simple transferred from the provincial government to the Lake Babine Nation.

Would this have been provincial Crown Land?

SD

browningboy
01-30-2023, 07:34 PM
I’m only surprised it wasn’t more land… pretty soon the government will run out of taxable land they way they are going

MRP
01-30-2023, 07:51 PM
According to the information with my buddy’s LEH in 7-27 a wile back your to phone the Takla lk band and let them know you’re coming. The person he talked to at the band office didn’t have a clue where he was talking about or any idea where there boundaries were.

Spy
01-30-2023, 09:05 PM
Lol ran into 3 “fellas” doing some clearing of trees along the road down to Takla lake.. The tailgate was open and they had a beaver spread across it. We stopped to chat lol the older blue eyed fella actually stopped us,the conversation went something like this. .....
We nick named him
Blue Tits
“What you guys doing down here”
Me
“Driving down to Takla lake to have breakfast, nice beaver I have not seen one of those in awhile! I did not even get a smile.

“You know there is no hunting from the 47Km mark on the main down, we have blue collared workers in the area..

“47 is my favourite number ;-) & I’m safety conscious so won’t be shooting at anyone!”

“Well we might shoot back! If you see a moose you have to tell me ”

“ Ok I will get right on that,,” Buddy sitting next to me pulls out the regs holds it up and asks blue tits, “ can you show us where it says there is no hunting in this area from the 47?”

Blue Tits was not impressed lol lo,

“Have a great day I’m hungry” and we drove off shot a couple more grouse on the road down to the lake had breakfast fished all afternoon, then on our way back took a side road just before the 47 buddy called in a moose and I shot it... Lucky #47 lol lol

I don’t really give a shit until they put it in the regs I will not be governed by anyone...

Mosin
01-30-2023, 09:44 PM
Lol ran into 3 “fellas” doing some clearing of trees along the road down to Takla lake.. The tailgate was open and they had a beaver spread across it. We stopped to chat lol the older blue eyed fella actually stopped us,the conversation went something like this. .....
We nick named him
Blue Tits
Me
“Driving down to Takla lake to have breakfast, nice beaver I have not seen one of those in awhile! I did not even get a smile.

“You know there is no hunting from the 47Km mark on the main down, we have blue collared workers in the area..

“47 is my favourite number ;-) & I’m safety conscious so won’t be shooting at anyone!”

“ Ok I will get right on that,,” Buddy sitting next to me pulls out the regs holds it up and asks blue tits, “ can you show us where it says there is no hunting in this area from the 47?”

“Have a great day I’m hungry” and we drove off shot a couple more grouse on the road down to the lake had breakfast fished all afternoon, then on our way back took a side road just before the 47 buddy called in a moose and I shot it... Lucky #47 lol lol

I don’t really give a shit until they put it in the regs I will not be governed by anyone...

Surely you posted pics of the moose on this site right?

ACE
01-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Spy, did you mention that you're moving out of Canada?
Where?

Spy
01-30-2023, 10:14 PM
Surely you posted pics of the moose on this site right?
Nope not yet I will get around to it though.

Spy
01-30-2023, 10:15 PM
Spy, did you mention that you're moving out of Canada?
Where?
Where did you pull that shit out of your ass from! In other words you are full of shit! This has nothing todo with this thread stop derailing threads.

Mosin
01-31-2023, 06:20 AM
Nope not yet I will get around to it though.

Looking forward to seeing them. Last and ONLY moose I got was 2017. Small antlers for its size for some reason.

browningboy
01-31-2023, 07:41 AM
We nick named him
Blue Tits
Me

Blue tits! Priceless and what’s great is you fished, had breaks and got a moose!

ACE
01-31-2023, 08:03 AM
Where did you pull that shit out of your ass from! In other words you are full of shit! This has nothing todo with this thread stop derailing threads.

Question asked . . .
Your unexpected overreaction!
Oh, well . . .

Dannybuoy
01-31-2023, 09:18 AM
Question asked . . .
Your unexpected overreaction!
Oh, well . . .
When you lie as much as spy it's hard to remember which thread and what the BS was . He said was leaving BC in about a month . Likely deportation or incarceration ? Guys like him don't matter and definitely don't make Our country a better place .

high horse Hal
01-31-2023, 09:32 AM
The agreement will give Lake Babine Nation control of 20,000 hectares of waterfront and forestry lands inside its territory.
”It's a show of commitment for many more lands to come thereafter because Lake Babine has just over one million hectares of land within our traditional territory and you know, this is just a first step towards getting more lands back,” Chief Murphy Abraham told Global News.
“This is just the beginning.

Arctic Lake
01-31-2023, 10:05 AM
Where the heck are we going to be able to hunt in the future ?
Arctic Lake
The agreement will give Lake Babine Nation control of 20,000 hectares of waterfront and forestry lands inside its territory.
”It's a show of commitment for many more lands to come thereafter because Lake Babine has just over one million hectares of land within our traditional territory and you know, this is just a first step towards getting more lands back,” Chief Murphy Abraham told Global News.
“This is just the beginning.

ACE
01-31-2023, 10:15 AM
Arctic Lake

No guns.
Knowhere to hunt.
​See a pattern here?

Otto1946
01-31-2023, 11:04 AM
When, and IF, we finally get good national and provincial government in Canada, ALL "treaties" must be permanently cancelled and legislation to protect equality enacted and enforced. I do not and shall never support or cooperate with aboriginal "ownership" or other such bullish*t.

cuervosail
01-31-2023, 11:12 AM
The 61-page Land Transfer Agreement is available on the BC government website. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/. Search for "Babine" and then open the pdf.

TheObserver
01-31-2023, 11:19 AM
Arctic Lake

Legally.... nowhere. It will have to be massive non compliance like when the government attempted to mandate vaccinations and the ensuing protests/rallies.

Will just have to carry on as normal.

Spy
01-31-2023, 12:56 PM
Arctic Lake
You will have to move to a different Province like I am or become a poacher.

IronNoggin
01-31-2023, 12:58 PM
B.C. returns 200 square kilometres of traditional territory to Lake Babine Nation

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/lake-babine-nation-land-transfer-1.6729408

ACE
01-31-2023, 02:22 PM
You will have to move to a different Province like I am or become a poacher.

Nevada?
​Work for Cliven Bundy?

RackStar
01-31-2023, 04:35 PM
Nevada?
​Work for Cliven Bundy?

further the better

Dannybuoy
01-31-2023, 05:07 PM
further the better
LOL Yeah , someone else's turn

RackStar
01-31-2023, 05:18 PM
He sure showed his rebellion side up by Takla. Adda boy stick it to the man

Arctic Lake
01-31-2023, 06:31 PM
That’s a lot of land !
Arctic Lake
B.C. returns 200 square kilometres of traditional territory to Lake Babine Nation

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/lake-babine-nation-land-transfer-1.6729408

ACE
01-31-2023, 11:05 PM
200 sq. km = 14.14 km squared.
or 8.78 mi. squared.
or 49,362.04 acres.

Legacy Solocam
02-01-2023, 08:32 AM
This is just the agreement area. The way some of the area is situated the fee simple land blocks access on current forest access roads to even more crown land. Wouldn’t be surprised if they put up access control points like other native groups have done in the area.

kevingm1987
02-01-2023, 08:53 AM
I think some time in the future, once all these treaties have been signed and this happens to land across the entire province, you will need a government issues tag for hunting and also a FN issue tag for said animal. FN want their piece of the pie when it comes down to the government collecting fees to hunt and fish natural resources.

HappyJack
02-01-2023, 09:22 AM
This is just the agreement area. The way some of the area is situated the fee simple land blocks access on current forest access roads to even more crown land. Wouldn’t be surprised if they put up access control points like other native groups have done in the area.

It's to be expected, just like other private property. Think Douglas Lake Ranch. Personally I'd prefer access control to access denial.

Stirfryer
05-06-2023, 12:43 PM
Blue tits is named herb. I was one of the guys there. You were in a f150 with canopy i think. I'm not native or from the area, im just a worker. But blue tits does this all the time to random hunters, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about. He's currently under investigation for selling moose meat to his landlord and a burns lake restaurant. He also steals diesel from the logging operations. Next time just middle finger him and keep driving, he's more bark then bite.

Spy
05-06-2023, 03:36 PM
Blue tits is named herb. I was one of the guys there. You were in a f150 with canopy i think. I'm not native or from the area, im just a worker. But blue tits does this all the time to random hunters, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about. He's currently under investigation for selling moose meat to his landlord and a burns lake restaurant. He also steals diesel from the logging operations. Next time just middle finger him and keep driving, he's more bark then bite.
Hey atleast you were smiling I totally came there with a great attitude and I thought my joke about the beaver was freaking funny lol. Anyway thanks for posting and keep well..
lol what a small world !