PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how much snow @Pink Mtn.?

kgriz
12-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I have friends going up for Buf tommorrow, the guy at the hotel says there is "lots" but I wouldn't mind confirmation from a hunter who has recently been there. My buddy doesn't want to haul sleds and quads from Revelstoke if he doesn't need to;I assume that there is lots of snow.:???: I go on Dec.16, there will be lots by then for sure. Another friend just bagged what he thought should be a record-book bull yesterday but I can't get a hold of him as he is en-route back home. I'll post pics when I get them.

daycort
12-02-2007, 11:37 AM
I am situated about 30 air miles from pink mountain and all we have is about 8 inches. I fellow drove through the pass to crying girl yesterday so they might be okay without bringing there sleds. A quad you sure help. What side of the river are you hunting? I know of a wicked spot for buff but it all depends if you are on the north or south side of the halfway.

albee
12-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I am headed up on Tuesday in Region B and I think we are going to pack both. Any info would help..
Pm's are OK,
Thanks

sako75
12-02-2007, 01:12 PM
I just got home on thurs. from area B about 8 inchs and very cold. if your area is the same as mine I could give you some info.I did not see many bufflo but I shot a huge one.

kgriz
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Good job, our zone is A but you are close enough for what I need to know. Did you use sleds, if not could you have as I have a friend going up tommorrow from Revelstoke and he doesn't want to take both if he can help it. His sleds are aircooled and low-lug tracks so as long as there is enough for the sliders all over the place ( ie. no bare patches ) he is good. Any ifo would be appreciated.

sako75
12-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I sent a reply to your questions but do not know where it went. Not very good with computers if you did not get it let me know.

Maxx
12-02-2007, 04:08 PM
just got back last night from a Bison Hunt in Region B, not enough snow to sled yet IMO, I brought 1 sled anyway. More snow is needed for sure,

good luck

browningboy
12-02-2007, 05:52 PM
If all else fails, call Maies or the Sasquatch Inn, they should let you know as thats your turn off! Good Luck.

Trapper
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
daycort
pm sent

daycort
12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
trapper pm back

kgriz
12-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the info everybody, hopefully everything goes well.:mrgreen:

Trapper
12-02-2007, 10:30 PM
daycort
fax# sent pm..thanks

daycort
12-03-2007, 06:18 AM
okay ao quick update. storming pretty good and getting colder. Snow is getting a little deeper but the wind is blowing it around. Bring your warm cloths boys it is going to be a deep freeze until friday. saturday is going to be around -10c where you guys are hunting. good luck.

Another update for your information -32c and snowing bad with the wind. Prrrrr its cold. 3:45 pm.

daycort
12-03-2007, 10:18 PM
weather at 10 pm. still -30 and blowing. lots of snow against the mountains now. we got about 6 inches today and it is still snowing. is you are going buff hunting bring your sleds now.

Trapper
12-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the updates daycort.i might pospone for a few more days it looks like it might warm up more by the end of week.

Trapper

daycort
12-04-2007, 07:15 PM
The weather was better today. I think it warmed up to about -23c. It is done snowing for now but we have gotten about another 10 inches here where I am at. It is getting better everyday and by thurs. or friday it should be good.

recurvehunter
12-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I am hour south of pink mounain and had a lot of snow up hear- bring a sled- it ah been minus 30 for last few days warmed up to -29 today
adn still snowing- wait tell later in week as will warm up - anyhting is a improvemnt to being - 32 with wind- minus 20 is looking very warm now ( sopposed to get to - 10 _ bring your t shirts and shorts)

daycort
12-04-2007, 09:04 PM
When are you coming up Trapper? give me a call and maybe I can give you a in person explanation of the map. I think you have my number.

I went to the chowade this afternoon. The snow depth didn't get any deeper then here on the graham.

Trapper
12-04-2007, 09:12 PM
daycort
I leaving in the morning (wed) and i have your number and will give you a call when i get up there.thanks
Trapper

daycort
12-04-2007, 09:30 PM
are u driving straight through in one day? phone before you hit fsj I may be at home when you go through

daycort
12-05-2007, 06:55 AM
it is a bomby -45 with a little bit of wind along the halfway this morning. Clear though the sun should shine today.

David Heitsman
12-06-2007, 09:41 PM
I know the roads were / are bad as we lost a truck pup trailer off the road
while climbing the Sikkanni on the south side. My driver spun out,
disconnected the pup, pulled the lead to the top and then when trying to reconnect the pup he bumped it too hard trying to engage the 5th wheel and it skidded away and slid over the bank.

That was Wednesday and he was there cleaning up the mess today still.

kgriz
12-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the info, definitely taking sleds now. I go up next weekend. My friends are there from Revelstoke now, in a camper no less BRRRRR.
Hopefully they connect as they are really good guys and do a lot for the sport down south.:smile:

cwocarsten
12-08-2007, 02:35 AM
Maes kitchen is closed. Fuel only. Try the Sasquatch. Region A has 2 less Bison. We got our bulls early(had 2 tags at camp) in Oct. Had a roast already and it was not strong tasting. Good eating. By the way take the wheels of an old volkswagon beatle and set it down on the ground and thats how big them suckers are. Good Luck.