PDA

View Full Version : Seymour Watershed elk

savage10
01-21-2023, 01:13 PM
https://www.tricitynews.com/local-news/seymour-coquitlam-watershed-wolves-elk-6415659?fbclid=IwAR1z__BNbYVgYy7GIfFPM8B_R0sguwmss q4kJVfrikju_p7B5boBnnZW4NQ

Roosevelt Elk have been captured on camera in the Seymour watershed, possibly migrating from the Squamish/Indian river area. Pretty great to see. And of course, wolves are coming in as well.

Imdone
01-21-2023, 01:41 PM
Great to see the success of these transplants working.
These are a few of things done right.

walks with deer
01-21-2023, 02:53 PM
Great to see the success of these transplants working.
These are a few of things done right.

Do you understand why the elk projects took place???

Its a distraction paid for by bc hydro for permission to install numerous run of the river projects destroying other habitat..

spock
01-27-2023, 03:12 PM
There are elk popping up all over the place, have pictures of them on Sumas mountain and there is a batchelor herd hanging out on farmland in Deroche right now.

Ferenc
01-27-2023, 03:39 PM
There are elk popping up all over the place, have pictures of them on Sumas mountain and there is a batchelor herd hanging out on farmland in Deroche right now.

That’s pretty cool I saw the vid/pics of the ones at Deroche
And as before there’s pockets of elk up the Chilliwack river road ... very nice to see.

adriaticum
01-27-2023, 04:48 PM
It'll be fun to read about wolves nipping the asses of those granola munchers on the north shore.
Seymour has always done a great job.

kolofardos
01-27-2023, 06:20 PM
It'll be fun to read about wolves nipping the asses of those granola munchers on the north shore.
Seymour has always done a great job.

LOL, I hike and bike up to the dam regularly. I hope to see elk soon, but so far all I've seen are blacktails, grouse and bears. I wish I was allowed beyond the fence, it's thick with wildlife up there.

adriaticum
01-27-2023, 08:22 PM
LOL, I hike and bike up to the dam regularly. I hope to see elk soon, but so far all I've seen are blacktails, grouse and bears. I wish I was allowed beyond the fence, it's thick with wildlife up there.
I used to as well until I moved to Slurrey

Treed
01-30-2023, 12:26 AM
Before the slide it was a killer river for fishing. Empty people and full of fish.

browningboy
01-30-2023, 07:35 AM
It’s great to see the elk doing well, hopefully it continues on for a long time

northof49
01-30-2023, 03:44 PM
Before the slide it was a killer river for fishing. Empty people and full of fish.

used to fish up there in the ‘80s and do well for steelies. Had the place to myself most days.