PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Vid

markt308
01-02-2023, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the great comments on my last couple threads. Since people seem to like the videos, here is the 2022 vid.
If you have a hunting story to share with or without pictures, please share! This is HBC, it should be full of hunting content!
Mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNoVKS4clU&t=5s

DannyO
01-02-2023, 05:31 PM
Thanks for sharing, really enjoying your videos. Especially that you have the opportunity to hunt with your family. Happy new year

Jereky
01-02-2023, 05:38 PM
Great video! Nice buck, congrats.

kodeman
01-02-2023, 06:22 PM
awesome...good for you. Thanks for posting

HarryToolips
01-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Great vid, nice bucks you guys congrats!

dru88
01-02-2023, 07:38 PM
Thanks for sharing another great video.

SF2020
01-02-2023, 07:59 PM
Great video! Thanks for sharing!

jimzuk
01-02-2023, 09:51 PM
Awesome story thanks for sharing

Bugle M In
01-03-2023, 02:03 AM
Another good video.
I try to tell my hunting partners to not just pass off Does just because there isn’t a buck right beside them.
It can change quickly.
Especially tell them when you see a doe/s trotting quickly from out of no where to get ready.
Quite often they have a buck tailing them.
These videos give new hunters a lot to draw from.
Keep it up.

BeerMan
01-03-2023, 08:13 AM
Wow! awesome video. Great thing to watch first thing in the morning before work.

markt308
01-03-2023, 09:00 AM
Another good video.
I try to tell my hunting partners to not just pass off Does just because there isn’t a buck right beside them.
It can change quickly.
Especially tell them when you see a doe/s trotting quickly from out of no where to get ready.
Quite often they have a buck tailing them.
These videos give new hunters a lot to draw from.
Keep it up.

I didn't do a great job of documenting it. But I hiked around a thick group of snowy trees. Got to the top and looked to my left and a lone doe is staring at me. I searched hard with the bino's but could not see anything. She walked straight downhill but I instantly lost her because the thick trees blocked her. I made. a split second call to quickly hike down to where it opens up just to get a look in case there was a buck with her. Good thing I did.
So yes, you are sharing key advice for new hunters and also motivating hunters that already know this stuff not to be lazy haha. I will just add that this is especially important during the rut. If you see a doe, stop and give it some time.

Bugle M In
01-03-2023, 10:39 AM
Ya, it’s not easy to film at times.
I had the go pro, got some good video.
Then had a bunch of Doe at first, the a couple of bucks show up, and they come towards me a bed no more 50 yards from me.
Had the cam on, but what I ended up with was the ground!
The next video of taking a buck, I had clouds!
Even have gimbals for the go pro and camera, but I need more arms when alone it seems.

markt308
01-03-2023, 11:02 AM
Ya, it’s not easy to film at times.
I had the go pro, got some good video.
Then had a bunch of Doe at first, the a couple of bucks show up, and they come towards me a bed no more 50 yards from me.
Had the cam on, but what I ended up with was the ground!
The next video of taking a buck, I had clouds!
Even have gimbals for the go pro and camera, but I need more arms when alone it seems.

Nearly impossible to get a shot on film unless you have time to set up a tripod. But hiking in the bush that really ain't happening! You could get it done with a tripod if you're still hunting for sure but whenever I have actually set up for that, no goods bucks want to die haha