PDA

View Full Version : Calling Interior Hound Hunters!

adamc
12-18-2022, 02:34 PM
Hello HBC

I’ve always been a believer that if you don’t ask, you won’t know so here goes nothing.

Since I started hunting it’s been a bucket list item if mine to watch a pack of hounds work a track and maybe justttt maybe have it end with getting to see a lion in a tree. Given I don’t know any hound hunters nor can I afford to do a guided hunt I thought I would make a post on here to see if any interior houndsman would be open to having a tag along. I recognize this is a big ask but I figured it’s worth a shot.

I’d be happy to pitch on whatever costs are incurred, won’t slow you down, can supply the beers and will show up when/where I’m told. I’m based in Vernon but can travel wherever.

If you’re open to this, feel free to PM me.

cheers and merry Xmas!

notyalc
12-18-2022, 03:39 PM
Come out to Langley and I can put you on some cougars.

jlirot
12-18-2022, 05:47 PM
I'm same boat here! Happy to cover the days expenses to get out. I don't know if you usually want a few guys so of course @adamc gets first dibs - but I'm available too!

Hello HBC

I’ve always been a believer that if you don’t ask, you won’t know so here goes nothing.

Since I started hunting it’s been a bucket list item if mine to watch a pack of hounds work a track and maybe justttt maybe have it end with getting to see a lion in a tree. Given I don’t know any hound hunters nor can I afford to do a guided hunt I thought I would make a post on here to see if any interior houndsman would be open to having a tag along. I recognize this is a big ask but I figured it’s worth a shot.

I’d be happy to pitch on whatever costs are incurred, won’t slow you down, can supply the beers and will show up when/where I’m told. I’m based in Vernon but can travel wherever.

cheers and merry Xmas!

SuperYeti
12-18-2022, 05:50 PM
Come out to Langley and I can put you on some cougars.

Didn't Gabby's shut down lol.

Dannybuoy
12-19-2022, 05:26 PM
Hello HBC

cheers and merry Xmas!
Ask around the fish and game club in Vernon , there might be a few guys that still chase cats . None of the guys I knew have dogs now but I would bet a few young guys have started ? Likewise ask the taxidermists , they would know .

Redthies
12-19-2022, 06:24 PM
Ask around the fish and game club in Vernon , there might be a few guys that still chase cats . None of the guys I knew have dogs now but I would bet a few young guys have started ? Likewise ask the taxidermists , they would know .

Also keep an eye out for trucks with kennels on the back. I’ve met two houndsmen that way this year.