PDA

View Full Version : Help a young hunter out?

7mmWSM
12-06-2022, 10:09 AM
My 11 year old son is doing a career project for school, and has chosen professional hunting guide. This is making his old man very proud. He needs to interview a guide as part of his project, so I'm putting out a call to any guides that might be able to spare 15 minutes to talk to Jonah about what a guides life is all about. He would be super stoked to talk to you. Thanks in advance.

My cell is 604.353.3835, shoot me a text or a PM.

Paul

Bugle M In
12-06-2022, 10:53 AM
Bump………..!

Weatherby Fan
12-06-2022, 11:02 AM
My 11 year old son is doing a career project for school, and has chosen professional hunting guide. This is making his old man very proud. He needs to interview a guide as part of his project, so I'm putting out a call to any guides that might be able to spare 15 minutes to talk to Jonah about what a guides life is all about. He would be super stoked to talk to you. Thanks in advance.

Paul

I know of one I will ask if he can call, I think he's away on holidays at the moment.

TheObserver
12-06-2022, 11:56 AM

Paul

This is awesome man right on good for you and your son! My Neice's elementary school is currently grooming her for anti-hunting. She told me the other day school told her people only hunt Bears for sport..... lol I thought here we go.

I can give one a call after work and see if I can get ahold of him, i'm sure he'd love to do this. I'll PM a little later today

LBM
12-06-2022, 12:49 PM
chilcoton hill billy would be a good one to talk to if he had the time,
mind you hes outfitter as well a guide.

IslandWanderer
12-06-2022, 01:12 PM
When I was in the 5th or 6th grade we had to do projects for the science fair that were based on a collection. I collected bullets and shell casings as a kid so did my project on that. Cardboard backboard, construction paper, bullets, scotch tape, labels.

People seemed really interested in it. Can you imagine doing that today?

7mmWSM
12-06-2022, 01:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the help.....Weatherby Fan has hooked me up and got a call from SRUPP as well offering his time, so we are all covered. It's great to have a community like this to reach out and receive support.

Walking Buffalo
12-06-2022, 03:07 PM
Glad you found a good Old BC boy.

I was worried you would have to deal with a Kiwi or Aussie accent. ;)

srupp
12-08-2022, 05:32 PM
Glad you found a good Old BC boy.

I was worried you would have to deal with a Kiwi or Aussie accent. ;)

lol...surprising how often that is happening..Australian accent describing a bull moose activity..met 2 or 3 very competent guides...once the animals' idiosyncrasies are sorted out the basics..slow and steady best times for movement..calling,shot placement definitely done..you just have to LOVE what your doing..it cant be JUST a pay cheque or another job
love what your doing...you will never work a day in your life..
srupp

Bustercluck
12-08-2022, 06:03 PM
A friend of mines daughter is a guide if you’re looking for a woman’s perspective. Not sure if she’s willing, but I can ask.

high horse Hal
12-08-2022, 06:38 PM
SRUPP was a guide? hhhmmmm 0)
a wealth of info for sure

srupp
12-08-2022, 06:50 PM
hmmmmm....I just look dumb...actually a lot of skillsets in my accumulated 66 years on this planet..50% dedicated to saving human life..50% dedicated to harvesting animal life.

hmm neutral impact..lol
Steven

high horse Hal
12-10-2022, 09:42 PM
thats a lot of years, they say you had a big background
how many actually guiding ? g/o ? mostly moose?

srupp
12-11-2022, 06:36 PM
dont know who THEY are..
never owned a guide outfitters location..
worked with various animals... grizzly,black bear moose wolves..

hmm OP was about helping J...
cheers
Fred

7mmWSM
12-12-2022, 09:35 AM
Wanted to post a shout out here to SRUPP, who graciously volunteered an evening to chat with my son about his school career project on being a guide. The interview with Mr. Rupp was a big hit, not only have you helped another young hunter along his way, but now an entire Grade 6 Vancouver classroom has been exposed to a very thoughtful explanation of what hunting is actually all about. Thanks Steven!

https://i.imgur.com/qO6ZDHih.jpg

Imdone
12-12-2022, 10:24 AM
This is great to see.
Way to go to the young fellow, hats off to those helping.
This should be exposed to all schools.
And if there's an issue, bring in some FN guiding history ....... That should make things exceptable.
It is part of CANADIAN HISTORY.

GREAT job Jonah !

Drillbit
12-12-2022, 03:25 PM
"Avec Mr Rupp"!! Haha

That's awesome!

srupp
12-12-2022, 05:10 PM
hmm not surprised..this lad is a very capable,organized young man.
certainly some very astute questions .
I enjoyed the opportunity to share .
its not about me but J and the young hunters and the willingness of J to share a potentially touchy subject..with his friends,class mates and teacher.
Steven