PDA

View Full Version : Last day tomorrow

Jetboat
11-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Well, the deer season is finally winding down and tomorrow is the last day to take a buck here in Region 7B. I've been out almost every morning but was spoiled with the sight of a couple absolute "hogs" earlier on and decided to hold out. The last few days have been rather chilly and this morning it was -37C in my deer hunting grounds. Saw quite a few average size whitetail bucks still chasing does, a few muleys, and the elk were everywhere 8-) Here's a quick pic of part of a herd I passed by...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/338winmag/IMG_2518.jpg

The temp is currently -30C here at the house so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Either way with all the whitetails, muleys, elk & moose I'm seeing, even if I don't pull the trigger it's still a successful season in my books ;)

hunter1947
11-30-2007, 04:52 AM
That is cold for sure ,nice to see all the elk there.

GoatGuy
11-30-2007, 05:02 AM
Ungulates in 7B?

Thought they all died last year. You must be hunting the only field with any animals left. :roll:

Nice to hear there's still a couple around. Sounds like a good season.

Jetboat
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Ungulates in 7B?

Thought they all died last year. You must be hunting the only field with any animals left.

Nice to hear there's still a couple around. Sounds like a good season

LOL. I even spotted some ghost moose :shock: as everyone knows the moose all died off from ticks :roll:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/338winmag/IMG_2512.jpg

This morning started off at -23C and warmed up to -11C. Spotted less deer, but did see a good whitetail buck chasing a doe across a field. Going to go back and stay till dark 'cause you never know. On the way home however, the new .270 WSM accounted for it's second coyote...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/338winmag/IMG_2522.jpg

daycort
11-30-2007, 12:30 PM
been seeing moose every day for the past two weeks(7-43, 7-35). Yesterday morning I seen 7 bulls and 6 cows. I too held out to the bitter end for a white tail, but I just happen to know where a 155 ish buck likes to hang out and he is getting a arrow tonite.

Jetboat
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Well we're done. Both my partner and I had chances at smallish 135/140 class whitetail bucks today, but held off due to much larger buck sightings (we're spoiled) Now I can get busy and put the smack down on the local predators 8) Passed up three coyotes during the last hour of light as we had dozens of elk & whitetails (even a cow/calf moose pair) around us and didn't want to spook the elk. My buddy has an antlerless LEH starting tomorrow. Congrats to all those who bagged their game and congrats to those who were selective hunting and didn't cut their tag :biggrin: Now to locate that recipe for tag soup :mrgreen:

daycort
11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
been seeing moose every day for the past two weeks(7-43, 7-35). Yesterday morning I seen 7 bulls and 6 cows. I too held out to the bitter end for a white tail, but I just happen to know where a 155 ish buck likes to hang out and he is getting a arrow tonite.

I missed at 37 yards. unsuspected willow deflected my arrow and sailed in front of him by 1 foot. Oh well maybe you can post up your tag soup recipe Jet Boat. I need one for a white tail tag.

Creeker
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Jetboat did you photoshop all those elk on that 7b picture?? :)

Jetboat
11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
I missed at 37 yards. unsuspected willow deflected my arrow and sailed in front of him by 1 foot
Damn, sorry to hear that. Sounds like he'd have been a hellava good archery buck.

maybe you can post up your tag soup recipe Jet Boat. I need one for a white tail tag.
LOL...add another whitetail, muley, elk & moose tags to the soup. Hey, with all these tags, maybe we can make tag stew!