PDA

View Full Version : Annual Blacktail Hunting Inspiration Video: The long lost footage

caddisguy
11-13-2022, 09:58 PM
Managed to recover several trailcams that have been trapped deep down one of the many no-longer-feasibly-accessible Region 2 FSR's

My body feels like it was hit by a truck from all the hiking involved in a relatively short period of time, but the footage is priceless to us. Worth it! Some clips of my bro in there, some punking around in front of the camera, put smiles on our faces.

Some nice bucks too, so I put the blacktail clips together for our annual BT hunt inspiration video :)

Tons of other good video (literally thousands of videos) of deer and other critters. A few cams made it all the way to August and one was still filming. One fell victim to a bear but is repairable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nehMpUspjqw

srthomas75
11-13-2022, 10:20 PM
well done, thanks for the share

RiverOtter
11-14-2022, 08:33 AM
Good job, Caddis. Always look forward to your videos.

BrianS
11-14-2022, 09:12 AM
Managed to recover several trailcams that have been trapped deep down one of the many no-longer-feasibly-accessible Region 2 FSR's

My body feels like it was hit by a truck from all the hiking involved in a relatively short period of time, but the footage is priceless to us. Worth it! Some clips of my bro in there, some punking around in front of the camera, put smiles on our faces.

Some nice bucks too, so I put the blacktail clips together for our annual BT hunt inspiration video :)

Tons of other good video (literally thousands of videos) of deer and other critters. A few cams made it all the way to August and one was still filming. One fell victim to a bear but is repairable.

Great video and good looking bucks!!

Arctic Lake
11-14-2022, 09:15 AM
Great footage Caddis !
Arctic Lake

kennyj
11-14-2022, 09:27 AM
Awesome video!!
Thanks for sharing.
Good luck out there.
kenny

Salty
11-14-2022, 09:48 AM
The buck pics are pretty sweet. Chance footage of your brother that's just awesome, I hope there's more little gems of him as you go through the mountain of images. RIP caddisbro.

Redthies
11-14-2022, 10:07 AM
Nice vids CG! Sorry to hear about your bro!

caddisguy
11-14-2022, 11:16 AM
Thanks guys. I really enjoyed putting that together some bitter sweetness aside.

The buck pics are pretty sweet. Chance footage of your brother that's just awesome, I hope there's more little gems of him as you go through the mountain of images. RIP caddisbro.

When we were first going through that card on the big screen at home yesterday, then see that clip of him dancing lol ... what a guy. It's like he wrote us a note that just exactly a year later.

Copied all the footage from the cards and will get through watching everything eventually. Now I can re-purpose those cams in that new BT pocket we found. And maybe in the Spring I'll get those Region 9 cams back ;)

Salty
11-14-2022, 12:41 PM
He totally left you with a note caddis, one of many and I hope more stuff turns up. I think of him pretty often even though i knew him for such a short time he really left an impression with me and every bit as much with my wife. Oddly enough I think of him quite often when I look at our cat. When you guys were stuck here I noticed numerous times the cat was on his lap, he didn't seem to mind. He'd pet the cat once in a while, otherwise put up with it. I was sitting right beside him one time, he pets the cat, he looks up at me says you know this cat reminds me of my ex girlfriend. Ya I don't miss her much. But I do miss her cat :lol::mrgreen: Classic caddisbro right there. ... What a guy.

Ya cool, that new spot now has cameras for which you can acomodate they're not all stranded any more. lol I hope region 9 opens up before long. Different movie all together but be cool to see what happens out there, wouldn't be overly surprised to see some grizzly footage on those 'uns ;)