PDA

View Full Version : Estures can bleat

BrianS
11-13-2022, 05:33 PM
Looking to see who has used a bleat can call? Pros and cons?
I bought one, still hasn't brought the deer in yet..lol..must be faulty.
Thank you

BrianS
11-13-2022, 05:36 PM
Does anybody use the bleat can call? Pros and cons? How often do you use it to call? I think Mines broken..it hasn't brought the deer to me yet..lol
Any other call recommendations?
I'm hunting blacktail on Vancouver Island..
Thank you!

Rayne
11-13-2022, 05:55 PM
I’ve had luck with a small buck coming in to it.

BrianS
11-13-2022, 05:58 PM
Okay, I did just learn that not to do a long bleat!! Good to hear it worked for you!! Hope you've had a successful.season so far!

sames14
11-13-2022, 06:23 PM
Mule / Blacktail deer in my experience do not respond to calls, rattles, wheezing, snorting like the Whitetails do. It doesnt seem to matter what time of the year. I used to have video when hunting out of blinds and tree stands of WTD wheezing and snorting but not one of a Muley / Blacktail doing the same. Just my experience and I hunted Mule Deer more than anything.

gab
11-13-2022, 07:53 PM
I have had success during the rut with the can.

BrianS
11-14-2022, 08:53 AM
Mule / Blacktail deer in my experience do not respond to calls, rattles, wheezing, snorting like the Whitetails do. It doesnt seem to matter what time of the year. I used to have video when hunting out of blinds and tree stands of WTD wheezing and snorting but not one of a Muley / Blacktail doing the same. Just my experience and I hunted Mule Deer more than anything.

Buddy of mine said he finds it works best on Whitetail deer as well. I keep giving it a go now that I have located lots of fresh sign.

BrianS
11-14-2022, 08:54 AM
I have had success during the rut with the can.

Right on good to hear! Sometimes I think I'm doing it wrong lol..I have two weeks off at the end of the week. I'll be testing the can daily!!