PDA

View Full Version : Buddie's Bucks

brotherjack
11-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Here's a couple of bucks friends of mine have shot in the last few days, along with short versions of the stories. Cold and snow is a good thing. :)

This guy was shot by a buddy of mine who is the farthest thing in the world from a road hunter - he's the kind of guy you find 10km up the side of a mountain that doesn't have roads. But funny thing, he was driving to his chosen spot of the day, and there was this guy 50 yards off the road in the timber. As you can see, he stuck around long enough to get shot. One shot, one deer, 70 yard drag back to the road. Right on!

http://xjack.org/hunting/msd01.jpg

And this one was shot by another buddy of mine, who doesn't get a chance to hunt all that much because of his busy schedule. He didn't get anything last year, and this year was looking to wind up the same way. As he told me the story, he said that he hit the bush saying to himself that he'd shoot the first buck he saw. This guy was the first buck he saw, so he shot it. What a way to end a 2 year dry spell - eh!!! He had spotted a doe milling around, and figured this time of year, that would be as good a place as any to setup and wait for a buck. 15 minutes later, the doe has wandered on up the hill, but along comes this guy looking for her. One shot, one deer. It don't get no better than that! (With a 303 British, BTW).

http://xjack.org/hunting/swt02.jpg

Not bad for EK whitetails, not bad at all. :)

BearSniper
11-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Absoutely Awesome:D

Good to see people are getting success.

Region 4 is obviously the place to be. Some of us have to get our a**es out of the southwest part of B.C. and get into the high country.

I can identify with a 2 year dry spell.

Good job by your friends:D

hunter11
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Nice bucks. If it was only that easy to find one. Congrats on the cold hunt.

cbearw
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Both really sweet looking bucks. The second one looks a little heavier bodied. Congrats to your buddies and their late season snow bucks. Great pics and stories and thanks for sharing.:wink:

hunter1947
11-30-2007, 05:27 AM
Sometime you get lucky ,in the right place at the right time ,nice deer your buddy got there ,PS was it in my area :roll: ?????? LOL.

brotherjack
11-30-2007, 10:21 AM
Yep, right place right time - though the general spot that second (significantly bigger) buck was taken at has been a 'lucky spot' for me and some of my friends for about 4 years running now (though, I don't think the spot is anywhere near where you were hunting H1947). We usually pull 2 or 3 four point or better whitetails out of there every year.

dawn2dusk
11-30-2007, 10:36 AM
nice lookin whities brotherj

model88
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
BrotherJack, a buddy of mine showed me some pics of the one he got up Perry Creek a couple of weeks ago.....WOW. Wished I pics to show, but for an EK buck it is very nice.

Those are very nice bucks your buddies shot by the way!