PDA

View Full Version : Muleys in 3-13 in November

sapper
10-25-2022, 11:29 PM
After not having any LEH tags in 6 years and a few years, like many, of seasons cut short due to COVID and the flooding this year I had both a moose tag (unsuccessful) and a mule doe tag for 3-13. I've hunted the area in the past and focused and stayed near the Coldwater exit and focused on the area west of the Coldwater exit and off of Comstock Road. I know a good portion of the western and southern sections of the MU were hit hard by forest fires over the last few years. Now with a doe tag for 3-13 in November and not having seen any, with the exception of one skittish buck one morning, I'm thinking of focusing my attention more towards the east section of the region (west of Aspen Grove). Just wondering what people who have been in the area think of this plan?

walks with deer
10-26-2022, 04:12 AM
How many days did you hunt for moose?

Steeleco
10-26-2022, 04:53 AM
You'll need to be mindful of where you are. In that neck of the woods you'll easily find yourself in 8-05 or worse yet on private lease land. But FWIW I was there last Saturday. SFA is what I saw. I'm of the mind that the mulies migrate south towards Tulameen and beyond? But that's not 3-13 even if you could find them.

Also print and take this map with you, much of where I like to hunt is closed to vehicle traffic, (but not logging trucks!!)

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/motor-vehicle-prohibitions/wildfire-closures/mvpr_1_129_july_mountain.pdf

Rayne
10-26-2022, 06:03 AM
I personally would go north of merrit find any farmers field and find an fsr that gets behind one and hunt that for does.

sapper
10-26-2022, 09:15 AM
How many days did you hunt for moose?
As many as my restrictive career would allow: 4 of the 15 days of the LEH.

sapper
10-26-2022, 09:19 AM
Thanks, Steeleco.

You'll need to be mindful of where you are. In that neck of the woods you'll easily find yourself in 8-05 or worse yet on private lease land. But FWIW I was there last Saturday. SFA is what I saw. I'm of the mind that the mulies migrate south towards Tulameen and beyond? But that's not 3-13 even if you could find them.

Also print and take this map with you, much of where I like to hunt is closed to vehicle traffic, (but not logging trucks!!)

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/motor-vehicle-prohibitions/wildfire-closures/mvpr_1_129_july_mountain.pdf

sapper
11-10-2022, 12:36 AM
Well, thanks for the advice and comments. After work tomorrow we’re off to Merritt and will, as we often have, while hunting, take a few extra moments of silence at 11:11 on Friday to remember and thank those who gave so that we might enjoy the freedoms we do.
And… hopefully I’ll be bringing a doe back to my butcher when I return to the Lower Wasteland.