PDA

View Full Version : Region 5-1 - Windy Mountain and Higgins Road - No Animals

AndrewL
10-19-2022, 07:19 AM
We’ve spent the last 4 days from sun up to sun down scouring Windy Mountain and Higgins Road in Region 5-1. We put about 450kms on the truck and walked/hiked 10-15km a day and we didn’t see a single deer or bear. On day one we saw 2 cows, but after that the “simulation” turned all the animals off.
Anyone else in the area this week and have a similar experience? Maybe we are just garbage hunters. Moral was low at the end of this hunt 🤣

HappyJack
10-19-2022, 09:17 AM
Hard to believe you didn't see any bears, we see more bears than moose most trips. I don't think the warm weather is helping.

ElliotMoose
10-19-2022, 09:19 AM
Can't speak for bear and deer, but there were a lot of moose shot in that country the first two weeks of October. I heard similar reports of it being pretty quiet up there this past weekend. The mulies may have finally started their annual migration out of there, in which case you wouldn't see too many. Should be bears around though so that surprises me

Dlo11
10-20-2022, 02:34 PM
was up in that area since sat til today. not a single deer or bear spotted and only saw 2 moose. bright moon and warm temps keeping them out at night.

REMINGTON JIM
10-20-2022, 04:46 PM
I was east of there the other day and only saw ONLY a cow and calve - Oh and some grouse ! Did see fresh wolve tracks in the muddy parts we came across ! RJ

Mulehahn
10-20-2022, 08:02 PM
It is a weird year. I was in away for a while and am away again so haven't been checking my trail cams regularly but did last Sunday. This is a few km west of Windy mountain. Beyond the several foxes I only have one mule doe with a fawn who is around a lot, 5 moose (2 bulls, a cow, and a cow calf) and after only seeing the odd whitetail Buck or doe over the years I now have a group of four whitetail does that pass through semi regularly. Last time on Camera was last Friday.

I usually have non stop mule does, and several bears. Been replaced this year.