PDA

View Full Version : Cougar stalk on DVD

whitetailsheds
11-28-2007, 02:31 PM
Just watched a DVD that had some footage of a cougar stalking a friend from Alberta. He was in a tree stand calling elk and saw this cat coming in? passing by? Anyway it started to come towards his stand, and even locked in on him and started the "sneaky/ pounce/ stalk thing." Don't want to give too much away here but it is awesome filming. This thing would not leave even when he started talking. I'll leave the suspense as to how he actually gets this cougar to leave. Anyone interested can call him at 403-783-2776, ask for Brian. Thought I'd bring this up here as there has been several occurances lately, and now one actually on film.

Monashee
11-28-2007, 05:07 PM
If people knew how often this happens they would be surprised.

cowboy-up69
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
My mom witnessed a cougar take down muley doe when she was at work yesterday. She said it was pretty intense, snuck up and then got up and jus ran for the deer and took her down easy. And this all took place at the Young Life camp here in princeton.

Will
11-28-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm scared of Big Cats :shock:

Monashee
11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
Surprising how often carrying a walking staff might have prevented or lessened physical harm , some interesting cougar attack stories here

http://users.frii.com/mytymyk/lions/attacks3.htm

Dave Parker of Port Alice is one tough hombre his story is near the top of the page year 2002 Aug 1

TIKA 300
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I see my philosophy still stands STRONG, A GOOD CAT IS A DEAD CAT

wolverine
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
We used to have them, in the spring time, chase people that were riding bikes on Quadra Island. The young Toms are all horned up and anything that moves will be chased. I've seen a few but I believe, IMHO, that this province is full of 'em. They see us before we see them and in most cases they slip away. Don't know why, maybe because I've had an occasion to be way to close to one, but big bears of the Griz variety scare me more than big cats. I've heard of them coming in to predator calls so be careful calling for a spring bear this year.:shock:

hunter1947
11-29-2007, 07:05 AM
Cats are sly and you sure have to be on gard at all times when in cougar country.