PDA

View Full Version : Dawson Creek bear attack

huntingfamily
10-04-2022, 11:57 AM
https://energeticcity.ca/2022/10/04/two-people-seriously-hurt-after-bear-attack-near-dawson-creek/

browningboy
10-04-2022, 12:07 PM
Wow, hopefully the two woman come out of it!

adriaticum
10-04-2022, 12:19 PM
I don't understand this attempt to scare the bear off.
The bear wants to kill to people and eat them and they want to scare it?

RiverOtter
10-04-2022, 12:22 PM
Pretty safe to assume predation was the driving force behind the attack. Glad to hear the bear was killed, despite the articles author doing backflips trying to pacify any potentially sensitive readers.

Hopefully the two ladies recover fully and don't have to suffer through months of surgeries and rehabilitation.

RiverOtter
10-04-2022, 12:24 PM
I don't understand this attempt to scare the bear off.
The bear wants to kill to people and eat them and they want to scare it?
That's the brave new world we live in. Human life is expendable and rogue wild animals are spared at any expense.

warnniklz
10-04-2022, 12:30 PM
I discharged a rifle and struck a grouse the other day.

troutseeker
10-04-2022, 09:30 PM
That's the brave new world we live in. Human life is expendable and rogue wild animals are spared at any expense.
Hear, hear. It is ridiculous to believe that at any time a police officer did anything but kill
the bear on sight. But we can’t have anyone offended and must add layers of “ considerations”
that never entered the cops mind when they faced the predatory animal. Sheeesh….

Redthies
10-05-2022, 09:22 PM
I discharged a rifle and struck a grouse the other day.

Was it attempting to eat you?

Treed
10-05-2022, 10:28 PM
No blame to the women who got attacked. Don’t go in the woods without something to protect yourself. A knife, bear spray, a gun… whatever. The chance are super low that you’ll need to use something, but if you do, it’s better not to be empty handed cause we are spectacularly wimpy compared to wild animals.

Dannybuoy
10-05-2022, 10:52 PM
A grizzly killed and ate most of a adult black bear in a guys yard just out of town here . He got some great pictures of the griz burying the carcass .
The CO's came and dug up the remains . Not so cute and cuddly sometimes LOL

shortrange
10-05-2022, 11:30 PM
I discharged a firearm resulting in the death of a bunny, and made a stew out of him, literally this week. So I'm hellbound for certain...