PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater Success!

Ramshot
11-27-2007, 11:25 AM
My Uncle was hunting the Clearwater area last week and got this fella! He was glassing the edge of a cutblock and this guy came out hot on a doe's trail. He ranged him at 387yards with his Leica range finder and one shot with his Rem700 7mmSTW (my old rifle:biggrin:) and it was a done deal. No field photos, but when he came to my house after he got it I took this one. Not sure on score but we will lay a tape on him this week. RAMSHOT.

BCrams
11-27-2007, 11:27 AM
That is one hell of a buck!! Region 3 never fails each year to produce monster deer!! Congrats!

Leaseman
11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
All I can say is......WOW....:shock:...nice buck...

Steeleco
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Well done, wait till Mr.Dean sees that brute :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

greatwhitehunter
11-27-2007, 11:40 AM
That monster is wider than the door. Congratulations!!!!!

Mr. Dean
11-27-2007, 11:56 AM
DAMN!

I posted Reg 3 as a no hunting zone over a week ago... No respect.

The mass on that thing just keeps going and going... (insert lil' bunny here:_____ )

Phil
11-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Looks like he hit the jackpot with that beast!

horshur
11-27-2007, 12:43 PM
That is what I would call a Monster!. Congrats to your uncle

Rock Doctor
11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Looks like a very heavy rack.
Congrats on that Brute!

308BAR
11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Love the colour and HOLY COW the mass on that thing. That is a monster I say it'll make book for non-typ. Love the crown points on the left side. CONGRATS!!!

rifleman
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
WOW WHAT A BUCK!!! i WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF THAT IS THE BIGGEST IN B.C. THIS YEAR . WAY TO GO.

pupper
11-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Holy big Mass
I dont beleive it, that is a pig for sure

thatskindafunny
11-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Wow, thatsnotevenfunny that is an incrediable monster. Only been in that area once about 30 years ago. Time to go back if that area produces bucks like that.

boonerbuck
11-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Wow!!

I have to get it together before the rut is oiver. Seeing all these big bucks is killing me.

Awesome buck!!

cbearw
11-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow. That is beeeeuuuuutiful. Love the mass and color as others have stated. Has to be one of the nicest racks posted this year. But then there all nice!!:-D

Chuck
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Very impressive for sure......gotta be the water!

Derek_Erickson
11-27-2007, 06:40 PM
You shot dana's buck!

Dirty
11-27-2007, 06:48 PM
Screw studying for final exams this weekend, Region 3 here I come! I have a Mule deer tag that's itching to be cut.

dana
11-27-2007, 06:49 PM
That is indeed a WHOPPER!!! Congrats to your uncle. Also looks like your plan worked and you've got hunters heading into an area well away for where that Brute was killed. :)

BlacktailStalker
11-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Unreal. Nice.

1/2 slam
11-27-2007, 07:22 PM
WOW:eek: What a brute. Congratulations to your uncle.

horshur
11-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Wow!!

I have to get it together before the rut is oiver. Seeing all these big bucks is killing me.

Awesome buck!!

Ruts over bud.LOL

Will
11-27-2007, 07:37 PM
That is indeed a WHOPPER!!! Congrats to your uncle. Also looks like your plan worked and you've got hunters heading into an area well away for where that Brute was killed. :)
:lol::lol:

Helluva Good looking Buck ! Congrats ;)

Alpine85
11-27-2007, 08:53 PM
A dirty giant forsure.... awesome buck, congrats to your uncle....

Freshtracks
11-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Ramshot ... big concrats to your uncle ... that's truly a campfire story buck to be heard many a time.:wink: As for Clearwater ... all the big bucks have heads for Loops.

Tikka7mm
11-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Holy smokes...that's incredible!

M.Dean
11-27-2007, 10:23 PM
I knew i should have waited a bit longer to shoot a mulie!!! Damn thats big! Any chance you can post a map of the area? I have a bunch of relatives coming up for the last 2 weekends of the season, might send them all up that way. Ramshot, can they borrow your huge army tent??? Be about 18 hunters, thats not counting the wifes and kids!!! Tell your uncle Congrats on the monster "Clearwater" buck!!!

MB_Boy
11-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Awesome buck.
I would skip out of school for a week to shoot a hog like that.:-D

x2!!!! But I think I may take off an extra week to find him.....then a week to shoot him on the day one of week two....and 6 days to get rid of the "fever"!!! :wink:

hunter1947
11-28-2007, 05:11 AM
I have heard that clear water carried big deer ,now that shows it does ,my father in law had a trailer park there a few years back ,he told me he seen some big sets of antlers come out of the area. That is for sure one hell of a deer for BC ,good for you that you nailed him.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Gateholio
11-28-2007, 01:03 PM
This buck is too great for the thread to get canned because of a few ignorant peopel who want thier own private hunting ground, so I went to the (rare) effort of cleaning it up, deleting posts that had anything in it that refered to anything other than the big buck.

If your post got "caught up" in the mass deletions and you don't think it should have, my apologies, I was cutting a wide path...

I'm only going to say this once: BC is for every resident. If you don't like it, go hunt private property. You want to complain about it? Do it on another thread. Complain about it on this thread, and you *will* be getting the boot for a week or so.

I think that is clear enough.

Thread reopened.

Steeleco
11-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Good call, and some call you bad names!!!

Gateholio
11-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Good call, and some call you bad names!!!

Well....I *am* bad.:wink:

Fisher-Dude
11-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Thanks Gate!

That is one AWESOME *British Columbia* buck! Congrats to your uncle on the buck of a lifetime!

Gerry
11-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Congratulations to your uncle on a great deer. Thanks Gatehouse for stepping in.

Derek_Erickson
11-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Well that definitly makes a difference in this thread, nice bucks

bc-shedder
11-28-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm only going to say this once: BC is for every resident. If you don't like it, go hunt private property.
I think that is clear enough.

Thread reopened.
Well ill probably be banned for this but i really dont care. you cant even hunt on private land anymore you know why:eek:? because you guys feel the need to go ahead and shoot it realise ur in private land leave them for that and because you dont count points.who does that wreck it for?.NOT YOU GUYS what do you care you dont live here. Further more its not your deer population you are slowly wiping out.

Will
11-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Well ill probably be banned for this but i really dont care. you cant even hunt on private land anymore you know why:eek:? because you guys feel the need to go ahead and shoot it realise ur in private land leave them for that and because you dont count points.who does that wreck it for?.NOT YOU GUYS what do you care you dont live here. Further more its not your deer population you are slowly wiping out.
Please make it stop..........http://usera.imagecave.com/BCWILL/Smilies/bangHead.gif

Gateholio
11-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Well, at least you got one thing right....

Marc
11-28-2007, 06:54 PM
The last time I checked it's the province who owns the wildlife and not the locals. I pay taxes just like you do in this province shredder and that gives me just as much right to hunt deer up there as you do.

Take two weeks to think about it. If you still feel the same way after two weeks then I can extend it for you.

Marc.

bsa30-06
11-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Thanxs for re-opening this marc, i didnt get a chance to say congrats before it got locked.

Ramshot congrats to your uncle that is one hell of a buck, an absolute monster thanxs for sharing.

sealevel
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
that is an great buck... wow

JDR
11-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Unbelievable......I'm speachless :shock:

Tell your uncle a big congrats. That thing must've been a brute.

Derek_Erickson
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Why would you even try to start this again its over this thread is about a nice buck that was shot no one cares about what you have to say cut it out!

legal-hunter
11-28-2007, 10:28 PM
awesome buck any idea on the score on it.

BCJunior
11-28-2007, 10:31 PM
Thats is a huge buck congratz!

dana
Muley kid,
Stop hunting the local easy spots and you'll quickly get away from the crowds.

BTW,
I just heard from a source of mine that this buck was killed where that other 'Huge' buck was killed last year. You know that 275 net buck. It ain't a Clearwater buck. Close though, just over the hill. :)

Elkhound
u guys might as well banned me too.. i said alot worse s#!+ that him haha and he didnt even get a warning lol...

Okay. Done. And you had a warning. 2 week ban. next one is permanent. No one needs to put up your keyboard courage.....think about it please before posting again.

legal-hunter
11-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Muley kid,
Stop hunting the local easy spots and you'll quickly get away from the crowds.

BTW,
I just heard from a source of mine that this buck was killed where that other 'Huge' buck was killed last year. You know that 275 net buck. It ain't a Clearwater buck. Close though, just over the hill. :)
275 net is that rumour or is that fact cause thats a pig if true

dana
11-28-2007, 10:36 PM
No not this one, I'm talking the one last year. This one was taken in the same general area.

legal-hunter
11-28-2007, 10:39 PM
yeah i know that but was the last years one true :-P

dana
11-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Yup, it was officially scored by Rick Berreth. Mark posted up some pics of it this past spring. A search might turn it up.

hunter1947
11-29-2007, 06:51 AM
Well....I *am* bad.:wink: Good for you Gate ,keeping on top of things.;)

Thunderstix
11-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Only in my dreams and on here do I ever see bucks like that!!!

Brambles
11-29-2007, 07:57 AM
This buck is a monster, Last years buck was a feakin monster. Some day it would be nice to just see one alive in the wild, then of course even nicer if it was dead in the back of my truck.

Brambles
11-29-2007, 08:05 AM
For all the newbies who weren't around when this buck was shot.

Last years Freakin monster

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/Brambles77/elisbigbuck001.jpg

browningboy
11-29-2007, 08:51 AM
That guys a monster! One hell of a buck! Congrats.

Ramshot
11-29-2007, 09:13 AM
You know, I'm thinking I should not have even bothered showing this buck on here!! Dana, as for your source, I hope your not paying him cuz he's rippin you off. He was shot up your way. Just because you guys could not find this one, get over it. I'm sure there are bigger ones waiting for EVERYBODY in seasons to come. OVER AND OUT.

Bud
11-29-2007, 10:08 AM
very very nice!!! thats gonna look awsome hangin off the wall in the den

Mr. Dean
11-29-2007, 10:44 AM
Ramshot;

DON'T let a couple of weeds spoil your pasture. Personaly I thank-you for sharing the pic's.

blueboy
11-29-2007, 10:50 AM
now that,s a monster buck, way to go

bucktrack
11-29-2007, 11:38 AM
That's a real gem. Thanks for posting. For all the whiners out there do you really think that people are going to just drop all the favorite hunting spots ang go rushing to a brand new area because a big buck was taken there? If that was the case my hunting trip would of went something like this. Big buck from FSG, race up north, wait, another one taken near kelowna, pack up and go there, Oh just a minute now, I heard a huge one was taken in the kootenays, better go there next. I have always said it is better to learn an area than follow every big buck tale. Big bucks get taken all over the province every year. There is always the fluke guy who gets one off the road but more often than not, its the people who work hard and spend time in the bush that get the big ones year after year. I have seen areas that had new roads get pushed into them. The easy deer get picked off but the big ones push back and are usually just too smart to be standing there with a rifle pointing at it. Would I be worried about over crowding. Nope, not me. If an area doesn't produce that many easy deer anymore then people move on.

Once again that is a great deer. congrats

hunter11
11-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Huge rack with a lot of mass. Looks great. Congrats.:biggrin:

Orangethunder
11-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Great buck!! Congrats.

dana
11-29-2007, 07:32 PM
You know, I'm thinking I should not have even bothered showing this buck on here!! Dana, as for your source, I hope your not paying him cuz he's rippin you off. He was shot up your way. Just because you guys could not find this one, get over it. I'm sure there are bigger ones waiting for EVERYBODY in seasons to come. OVER AND OUT.

Ramshot,
Hmm, hit a sore spot eh? :p Judging from your reaction, looks like my source hit the nail right on the head. You can bullshit the masses but you can't bullshit the bullshiter.

Ramshot
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
No sore spot:smile:. Just happy my uncle got a good deer! But hey, if ya want to call me a liar just come out and say it! C'mon Dana, yer just pissed cuz you don't have yearly pics of this one since it was a spike:wink:. Let it go buddy, let it go!!!!!!!

BCrams
11-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Perhaps we should be promoting Barrier as the place to be for deer?

dana
11-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Ramshot,
Really I am extremely happy for your uncle. That is a AWESOME buck that is any muley fanatic's dream. Congrats once again to your uncle.

But....your feable attempt to sway hunters to head for Clearwater is easily seen through. No one jumps on the internet and says 'I'm sure there are bigger ones waiting for EVERYBODY in years to come'. Comments like that just prove you are trying to throw people off the trail. Good on ya. Not like I've never tried the same thing on these boards. Just sucks there are guys like me that can call BS BS eh?

bruin
11-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Where's Barrier??? ;)

MattB
11-29-2007, 08:58 PM
And this post just keeps getting better and better...:-)

dana
11-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Matt,
I think we need to give these boys a little competition next year eh?

Derek_Erickson
11-29-2007, 09:11 PM
This does just keep getting better, and more pathetic

Mr. Dean
11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
For the BIG bucks, you need to head for Blue River. And I know that this buck didn't come from there. No need for everyone to pile in there for the weekend. :wink:

Not like I'm the only coaster that knows this. :roll:

Orangethunder
11-29-2007, 09:55 PM
For the BIG bucks, you need to head for Blue River. And I know that this buck didn't come from there. No need for everyone to pile in there for the weekend. :wink:

Not like I'm the only coaster that knows this. :roll:

If your man enough to trek around the woods in Blue River good on ya!

I have seen some great bucks up that way but usually in September. G Bears and wolves abound though. Good spot for early snow...:lol:

dana
11-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Been up to my armpits in bottomless snow all week in Blue. Wolf and cougar tracks everywhere. Deer are nonexistant. I wouldn't waste your time.

Mr. Dean
11-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Been up to my armpits in bottomless snow all week in Blue. Wolf and cougar tracks everywhere. Deer are nonexistant. I wouldn't waste your time.

I hear ya. :rolleyes:

No need to mention what all them predators are hanging out there for either. :wink:

eastkoot
11-29-2007, 10:07 PM
This thread is starting to stink!!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c216/damer1/P1020525-1.jpg

Sitkaspruce
11-29-2007, 10:10 PM
I will put this back on track.

Since my last smartass post was deleted for being a smart ass, I will say this.....

Nice buck and congrats to your Uncle. Who cares where it was shot??? BC has some of the best deer hunting in the world and as long as we BCers know that who cares where it came from. Could you imagine if all the yanks new this!!!!

Will
11-29-2007, 10:41 PM
Could you imagine if all the yanks new this!!!!
Wouldn't matter much..........doubtful too many Bucks like this fine example would be dropped from the Quad Cab ! Sure it happens but how often ? :lol:

Anybody that lacks motivation to spend the time and effort to seek out thier own "honey holes" and merely trolls the boards looking to shoot a Booner will in all likelyhood return from one of these "Hotspots" empty handed anyways;-)

BCrams
11-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Bruin -

BARRIER is pretty much the center of the big forest fire we all heard about a few years ago. It is south of Clearwater and north of Kamloops. Easy to find on a map.

Whats happening is in the few years since the big fire, there has been an abundance of excellent feed that is second to none. As a result, the mule deer bucks in the area are producing monster racks that we have seen, including that monster from last year. This area has all the ingredients for producing big bucks. excellent feed / water source, genetics, easy winters.........

For those who are smart enough to hunt "the burn" - there is the very real possibility it will pay off big! Some portions of the area are logged and allow for vehicle access to jumping off points for timber hunting or watching the cuts. There is also an atv/vehicle closed area for those savvy hunters who wish to hike in and pack their bucks out.

Mr. Dean
11-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Sitka, thats my point.

but there is no-way in hell that I'm letting you guy's in on the sweet spot I have in reg 2 though.

Its MINE and it's a SECRET.

Derek_Erickson
11-29-2007, 10:48 PM
I hear the CO went in and caught 24 different vehicles and tagged them for driving on the closed roads up there, no offence, all out of towners, I could care less if you all came!

Bruin -

BARRIER is pretty much the center of the big forest fire we all heard about a few years ago. It is south of Clearwater and north of Kamloops. Easy to find on a map.

Whats happening is in the few years since the big fire, there has been an abundance of excellent feed that is second to none. As a result, the mule deer bucks in the area are producing monster racks that we have seen, including that monster from last year. For those who are smart enough to hunt "the burn" - there is the very real possibility it will pay off big! Some portions of the area are logged and allow for vehicle access to jumping off points for timber hunting or watching the cuts. There is also an atv/vehicle closed area for those savvy hunters who wish to hike in and pack their bucks out.

MattB
11-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Matt,
I think we need to give these boys a little competition next year eh?

Might be a good idea...

dana
11-29-2007, 10:52 PM
Matt,
I was thinkin we should hit some of that highcountry and hammer our Region 3 monsters early and then we can jump into 5 and 7.

horshur
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM
I hear the CO went in and caught 24 different vehicles and tagged them for driving on the closed roads up there, no offence, all out of towners, I could care less if you all came!

Coasters and Van islanders:lol: Was up that way and noticed a inordinate amount of Heinecken empty's

Orangethunder
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM

A couple of buddies were up there and it sounded like there was no regard whatsoever for the restrictions. Too bad, I really think that they are a good idea. Glad to here that they got pinched!!

MattB
11-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Matt,
I was thinkin we should hit some of that highcountry and hammer our Region 3 monsters early and then we can jump into 5 and 7.

That would probably work really good, just spend every weekend over summer locating the hot spots and then we will know where to concentrate our efforts the first week of the season in 3.

dana
11-29-2007, 10:56 PM
Exactly! :)

BCrams
11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm too far to go scouting ... so you'll have to tie one up for me in 3 and I'll look after region 7.

Sitkaspruce
11-29-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm too far to go scouting ... so you'll have to tie one up for me in 3 and I'll look after region 7.

There is very few deer in region 7A, you know that. And if there is any around, they all smaller that what Bartell shot. Dinks I say, all Dinks!!!!! 7A is moose country and has too much snow for deer.

Better to go to the North Thompson or Rock Creek, that where all the deer are....

BCrams
11-29-2007, 11:25 PM
There is very few deer in region 7A, you know that. And if there is any around, they all smaller that what Bartell shot. Dinks I say, all Dinks!!!!! 7A is moose country and has too much snow for deer.

Better to go to the North Thompson or Rock Creek, that where all the deer are....

Don't know about that! Passed up a 165-170 class buck 15 minutes from my house while road hunting before it got dark after work today! The Blackwater, Hixon, and Robson Valley, and Peace Country of region 7 are all great buck areas.

Gateholio
11-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Guys, just keep it....well, you know...:wink:

BCrams
11-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Guys, just keep it....well, you know...:wink:

Guess you can tell the big game season of '07 is pretty much over and its going to be a busy winter for you. :D

M.Dean
11-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Ramshot, getting a big buck like that is the same as coming home with a nice shiny new quad or sled, there's some people that are truly happy for you and then theres the ones that hope you crash and burn!!! I try to stay away from the latter! This thread sure shows some peoples True Colours!!! Thanks again for sharing the pics, it lets us know that the big ones are out there, we just have to go get one!!! Coffees always on, drop by.

7mmag
11-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Looks like I missed a good Hunterislowermainlandis VS Slackjawdesyokalis fight to bad it's my favorite subject!!:biggrin:

What a buck my jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw that pic! :wink:

Will
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
What a buck my jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw that pic! :wink:
You got that right.........I haven't slept since :shock:

Gonna take one last Poke at a Muley this weekend...supposed to get hammer'd by SNOW here tommorrow :-P

one-shot-wonder
11-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Muley kid,

Was it in the Adams lake area? I have heard there is big ones in there....

browningboy
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Hasn't this thread been killed enough?? Nice deer we all know but all the other stuff.:roll:

chevy
12-16-2007, 12:55 PM
Nice deer thats all i gotta say i need to get me a pig like that and who cares where you got it good on ya man i hope ya get another one in your spot again next year great job,, and trust me i know what it is like with all the comments on getting a good deer there are some that will congratulate ya and then there are some who in my opinion get jealouse and just need to bit#h about something because they get a kick out of pissing people off just ignore it buddy and once again good job

270 short mag.
12-16-2007, 02:54 PM
I've heard there's alot of mulies up there. Is this fact or fiction? Have never tried the area but am willing to go and check it out. Any suggestions?