PDA

View Full Version : Whipsaw Open?

BCBairdo
09-19-2022, 06:26 PM
I had heard a few weeks ago the Whipsaw Rd and roads near there Sunday,Saturday,Friday were blocked off during concerns with the Manning Fire. Now that the people have been allowed back to East Gate and fire under control is everything back open. Want to take the wife for a drive this weekend. Any info appreciated.

Roboduck
09-19-2022, 09:35 PM
I had heard a few weeks ago the Whipsaw Rd and roads near there Sunday,Saturday,Friday were blocked off during concerns with the Manning Fire. Now that the people have been allowed back to East Gate and fire under control is everything back open. Want to take the wife for a drive this weekend. Any info appreciated.

Drove through on Friday and none of them were blocked on Hwy3.
Manning fire appeared more under control than it had last Monday.

Livewire322
09-20-2022, 07:52 AM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/motor-vehicle-prohibitions/wildfire-closures/mvpr_1_131_garrison_lake.pdf

There is a closure impacting some roads in the area. Check the map at the link above to make sure you’re planning to be in the ‘good-to-go’ zone.
Good luck

Iron Glove
09-20-2022, 07:56 AM
As Roboduck noted, there were no roads blocked when I drove up to our Tulameen cabin yesterday, how far you can get up Whipsaw however, I don't know.
Son will be at cabin with me tomorrow, he lives in Princeton, hunts extensively in the area and might have a better idea, I'll ask and post what he says.
The local fires are pretty well done, flood damage to the roads from last November however has really limited access in some areas.

stixnstones
09-29-2022, 09:31 AM
Any word yet on the rd condition