PDA

View Full Version : Moose LEH 5-5

JHunter
09-16-2022, 01:41 PM
Hi All,

Looking for some information / guidance on our LEH moose tag for 5-5, Oct 1-15.

We’ve hunted successfully (and not) on the north side of the highway in the Puntzi area, and I’ve hunted deer a few times in the horn lake area, but never hunted moose specifically in this zone.

I was originally hoping to camp at horn lake rec, and try to skirt the Bluff/Middle lake moose closure + region 5-6 boundary - basically hunt the north/western edge of 5-5. But after being out there deer hunting and looking at the maps, the Bluff/Middle closure seems to cut off most of the decent looking habitat in the area, so I am looking for suggestions.

I’ve searched the archives and seen some suggestions to try the Bidwell area which looks promising, although it is getting close to the title area. I know about the letter regarding moose hunting in the Chilcotins, and the BCWF response – we plan on undertaking a respectful hunt in this area per the BCWF response, but at the same time I’d like to minimize our chances of trouble by avoiding any trouble spots.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where a good place to set up camp would be, and if the western edge of the zone is worth much effort or not – any info is appreciated.

PM’s appreciated.

I’ll trade info on the Puntzi zone if it’ll help!!

Cheers!