PDA

View Full Version : Positive hunting story in a newspaper

Bigbuckadams
11-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Hi all, just thought I'd try to share this story. First time I can actually recall a "positive" story in print in regards to hunting. I think Judie Steeves did a great job :lol: Hope the link works. http://www.bclocalnews.com/okanagan_similkameen/kelownacapitalnews/news/11799291.html

Phil
11-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Good article. Thanks for sharing.

FLHTCUI
11-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Pretty Good article .
I can only hope the well presented article will not be followed by someone elses "anti" comments over shadowing the original intent.
Vary good on Judy Steeves for her article and Mr. Adams for putting himself in the spotlight of the anti.
Rob

cbearw
11-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Good article. Thanks for posting. As you say its nice to read a positive article on hunting. I feel the numbers of ungulates shot on private land and crown land illegally for food is quite high just in the area where I live. The total numbers of animals poached as stated by the C/O's (the numbers of animals reported to them or found by them) is probably a fraction of what is actually taken illegally.
I do agree with the reasons stated for hunter decline. Fuel prices, aging population, busier lifestyle, etc. The stats given are rather shocking. I hope we are not a dying breed.:roll:

greenhorn
11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Nice article, thanks for passing it along.

It sorta gets my goat when people refer to poaching as hunting, but when people don't educate themselves those generalizations will happen.

I think it's similar to how alot of people group religious groups. One set will be fanatical, so some people will assume that the fanatical element is representative of the whole.

Mr. Dean
11-27-2007, 11:44 AM
A passionate outdoorsman, Jess Zeman has been hunting and fishing all his life and even wrote his thesis on the decline in hunter numbers.I wonder who this Zeman fella is.... We should get him signed up! :lol:

Fisher-Dude
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
I wonder who this Zeman fella is.... We should get him signed up! :lol:

He's my idol. World's best road hunter.

boonerbuck
11-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Kudos to Judy Stevens. I'll remember her name in the future for this honest writing.

It sure would help our cause to have that many words in print in the Province or the Sun.

boxhitch
11-27-2007, 09:42 PM
This was posted up in Politics and debates several days ago. Not many visited there.

hunter1947
11-28-2007, 05:43 AM
Very interesting thanks for the link. http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif.

358mag
11-28-2007, 08:50 PM
I wonder who this Zeman fella is.... We should get him signed up! :lol:
dont know who he is but if you look real close you will see a large built up of rust around the trigger on his rifle !!!

Bigbuckadams
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi again, been working, no time to post, but good to hear everyone liked the artcle. Would love to see it picked up & run in some of the "Major" newspapers. Not sure how to go about that or if it's possible in regards to copywrite etc. As far as discussion goes, I think Dana's post on counting points pretty much sums up my feelings I was trying to get across in my "rant" with Judie Steeves for the article. Poachers aren't hunters, please disassociate the two.