PDA

View Full Version : Sockeye opens tommorow on the fraser

139grainsofhell
09-08-2022, 05:23 PM
Open for 10 days have fun

Bugle M In
09-08-2022, 09:41 PM
Many thanks for the heads up!!!
Honestly I had stopped checking as I thought it was all over and done with.
Made plans to hit the island this weekend instead.
Gyess come Monday or Tuesday I will be up there for sure!
Appreciate it

7mag
09-08-2022, 10:10 PM
Let the gong show begin! ��

Bugle M In
09-08-2022, 11:20 PM
Let the gong show begin! ��
I can’t even begin to fathom how busy this weekend will be!!!!!
Hopefully everyone keeps their cool.
Kind of late now, so hopefully folks don’t have huge expectations, meaning limiting our in an hour.
Maybe they will.
But the best way to stay calm and enjoy the day is to go on with low expectations, thus take the pressure off before even starting.
Good luck all.

139grainsofhell
09-09-2022, 06:51 AM
I'm sorta glad I moved away, keeps me out of the craziness ,and maybe won't see a soul out hunting this weekend lol

TheObserver
09-09-2022, 02:00 PM
I'm sorta glad I moved away, keeps me out of the craziness ,and maybe won't see a soul out hunting this weekend lol

Thats what i'm hoping lol

RyoTHC
09-09-2022, 03:07 PM
I’m picking someone up from the airport on the 14th in Abbotsford at 6pm. Guess I’m leaving home at 3am and going sockeye fishing lol

driveby
09-09-2022, 05:58 PM
It's ironic that normally the Fraser would close to all fishing except for trout and sturgeon September 1st "to protect interior coho and steelhead" in the past.............. I guess DFO just doesn't give a F anymore.....

ElectricDyck
09-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Anybody have any luck today? I was out for a couple hours before work and hookes 3, landed a nice buck..donated a few rigs to the river..

caddisguy
09-09-2022, 09:33 PM
Wow quite a turn out... on our way out hunting this evening must have been 100 vehicles pulled off on the highway by the railroad tracks there around Hunter Creek. Dedicated peeps with all the smoke from that hill side around Flood Hope. Hoping they all come home with some salmon.

All we caught so far is a big old mouse in the trap under the jeep hood.

digger dogger
09-10-2022, 06:06 AM
Anybody have any luck today? I was out for a couple hours before work and hookes 3, landed a nice buck..donated a few rigs to the river..

Hunting partner killed his fish, it took all day.

RyoTHC
09-10-2022, 06:43 AM
Shit I’ll stick to the chinook fishing easy limits big fish and next to no people.

wos
09-10-2022, 07:38 AM
I took my mom and dad out yesterday. We did get our limit but had to really work for it. It took us all day.

Farmer
09-10-2022, 09:39 PM
We decided it wasn't worth it.
Most reports indicated very few fish were caught.
I would have to insure the boat trailer, buy salmon licences for the wife and I, and get the boat running.
Then decide where you can launch the boat as Gill Road is closed and Appel road is apparently not great this year.
Then you have to find a bar that is fishable as the river is 10 to 13% higher than average this year at this time and fewer bars are showing.
I guess I am just getting old and tired. And my son is off moose hunting so I can't let him do it.
Fresh sockeye is appealing but I guess not enough.

Redthies
09-10-2022, 10:02 PM
Sockeye is always at my local sushi bar. It’s cheaper in the long run, and we had the woods to ourselves today;)

139grainsofhell
09-10-2022, 10:10 PM
Didn't see a single person out hunting today it was great!!!

ACB
09-11-2022, 10:08 AM
An interesting news item on Global this morning. It seems there have been quite a lot of rotting sockeye showing up dumped in various locations from Hope down to Steveston. Some of the fish have been cleaned, some not, some in bins ,some just dumped in the river, some dumped in the bush. Most with net marks. The inference of the news piece was that the fish more than likely were caught illegally and then who ever caught them had no market for them so they were just dumped them to rot in the hot weather. Apparently the DFO used to have a policing officers for this type of offence but about ten years a go in their infinite wisdom, the DFO disbanded this group that was use for policing DFO regulations. This is something that the Liberal Gov. should be held responsible for for the lack of policing! A dead and rotting Sockeye is a fish that will never spawn!

RyoTHC
09-11-2022, 10:15 AM
Skip the sockeye, killer day for the chinook on the south thompson..watched 15+ fish be caught this morning.

MB_Boy
09-11-2022, 10:29 AM
Was fishing in the salt off the north arm of the Fraser yesterday …..there are LOTS of sockeye jumping out there so lots still to head upstream.

westcoaster
09-11-2022, 05:12 PM
Apparently it is a $600 fine for crossing the railway tracks.....

The CN police were patrolling on Saturday.

Edit: makes a guy wonder what incident happened to make them start enforcing things now?

RyoTHC
09-11-2022, 05:38 PM
Apparently it is a $600 fine for crossing the railway tracks.....

The CN police were patrolling on Saturday.

Edit: makes a guy wonder what incident happened to make them start enforcing things now?

also a 550$ fine for using a barbed hook… but gillnets OK!
Goofball laws, people don’t catch and release salmon so barns are irrelevant. A inland native trout fishery? Sure.