PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Muley Bucks

Arctic Lake
09-07-2022, 05:34 PM
Could someone explain the 4 point Muley restrictions in Region 3 ? I get the 4 point only as that’s only what you can harvest per the restriction . What is the rational ? As the first part of the season it’s 4 point . Then any buck for the month of October . Then back to 4 point for the month of November until Dec 10 .

Would you not want to leave the 4 points for the rut in November and first part of Dec.
Im all ears here !
Arctic Lake

high horse Hal
09-07-2022, 05:40 PM
3 used to be wide open any buck
then bunch of hunters got their knickers knotted and wanted a change to keep out some of the traffic from other areas
at the time, it was nothing to do with conservation or pop numbers, just quality

High pressure is during any-buck, things slow when the snow hits
Never is there a sperm shortage

HarryToolips
09-07-2022, 06:09 PM
High Horse is right for the most part from what I've heard and from personal observations that there isn't a short supply of sperm and I'd assume that the MOE is ensuring that the buck:doe ratios are above target (20 bucks:100 does), but as he alluded to, if the Sept season didn't align with the other regions there could be an over harvest due to a shift in hunting pressure to reg 3..to my knowledge, they begin the season with youth/bow then on to 4 pt before the any buck season to allow the bucks to acclimatize to the hunting pressure...