PDA

View Full Version : Jet boat pg to McBride elk

afflicted 1
09-05-2022, 04:18 PM
Thinking about a boat trip somewhere in between these areas for elk. Not familiar with the river there or elk numbers. Not looking for secret spots but hopefully it won't be a waste of gas. Don't mind hiking a ways off water either. Any help would be great

swampthing
09-06-2022, 05:41 PM
I have certainly heard of successful boat hunters along this stretch

Luckybrand
09-07-2022, 07:21 AM
There are elk, there's also a lot of private land closer to McBride and Crescent Spur that come to the river bank. There are few boat launches so expect to be hanging out with others when you unload. Yesterday there were 6 empty trailers at the boat launch at McBride but there is also a lot of river downstream of McBride so hopefully you can get passed the other boats or find a quiet spot. Passed Walker creek I have not traveled much but there is a muddy ugly boat launch that people use. Expect people and large groups camped at the river at most of the major FSRs but again there is a lot of river between FSRs. iHunter Private Land layer will be your friend between McBride and Walker.

Machinist
09-07-2022, 10:23 AM
See guys launching at Upper Frazer , there is a launch on the other side of the single lane bridge that goes over the Fraser just past Alesa Lake , I have seen hunters with Elk in there jet boat at the Launch several times , not sure where they are going up river or down but they are getting Elk out of there .

afflicted 1
09-09-2022, 10:30 AM
Thanks, guys just wondering if it was a possibility or a waste of time. I guess there's no such thing as a bad day on the river.

S.W.A.T.
09-09-2022, 11:05 AM
Thanks, guys just wondering if it was a possibility or a waste of time. I guess there's no such thing as a bad day on the river.
I've heard it is possible but getting fuel down to the river can be tricky. Very little access and the river is often far off the hwy. Maybe a local logger would know more or know of good place to access the fraser. There was a thread about it on either meanchicken or snowandmud but can't remember off hand. Will see what I can dig up for you

S.W.A.T.
09-09-2022, 11:12 AM
Mcbride to Prince George - Mean Chicken Jet Boat Forum (https://www.meanchicken.net/post/mcbride-to-prince-george-11855546?&trail=15)