PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pitt – Addington Marsh

huntwriter
11-26-2007, 06:37 PM
My wife and I went this past Sunday to said park near Maple Ridge. To my surprise I saw that hunting in that area is listed among the recreational activities permitted. There was also a sign stating that recently Roosevelt elk have been introduced and thus hunters should use caution.

Due to work commitments I am not able to go onto another hunting trip to region 3, or anywhere else for that matter. But since Pitt –Addington Marsh and the surrounding area are basically on my front door it would be a good way for me to get out and hunt.

As hard as I looked I could not find any hunting information about that area, not even in the hunting regulations.

My question to whoever has hunted in that area or knows about it is:

What game can be hunted in that Wildlife Management Area? Waterfowl? Deer?
Where in that area can these species be hunted?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ddog
11-26-2007, 06:47 PM
yes and yes to your question as to what can be hunted there, but you will need a fraser valley permit,
the rest is up to you as to where to hunt

kishman
11-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Othmar, grab yourself a copy of the Fraser Valley Special map along with the license that bears the same name. If memory serves Pitt Marsh and area allow hunting with shotguns using shot only, and hunting is only allowed Sat. Sun. and Wed.

Regards,

pmj
11-26-2007, 11:20 PM
huntwriter,
Check the Fraser Valley special map. There are lots of areas where no hunting or shooting is permitted. IMO you should go there with some one who is familiar with the area to show you how to hunt there. Lots of people go for nature walks there and you must know where the boundaries are. Never heard of any one deer hunting in the marsh area unless it has been on private property to the south. Pit Lake has lots of areas that are boat access. Some hunters take mountain bikes to drive up the logging roads to get up the mountains.

Scottish Warrior
11-26-2007, 11:43 PM
You can ONLY hunt waterfowl in the Pitt Marsh and surrounding area; this is clearly outlined in the Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting Regs and Map. Some serious scouting on non hunting days is needed before attempting to hunt on Sat/Sun/Wed. You will need a small boat or canoe to get anywhere in the marsh. Good luck.

Freshtracks
11-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Shoot Dano a pm ... he's always found there on the weeks sighting the waterfowl.:wink:

huntwriter
11-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Thank you all for the advice. I went to Wanstalls today and got me a Fraser Valley Special Area Hunting guide. Things look much clearer now to me. Thanks again, I knew I could trust the fine members of this fine forum to be of assistance.:wink: