PDA

View Full Version : Buying boots from the USA

swampthing
08-30-2022, 09:58 AM
I am looking to buy some Zamberlan boots and cant find any in Canada. I am considering ordering Them from Zamberlan USA. Any idea what to expect for duties. They are made in italy. Corlanes sells them but dont have my size. Just the exchange places them at corlanes price so I am assuming they will be a couple hundred more than that landed!

oddsix
08-30-2022, 10:01 AM
MEC carries Zamberland.

RyoTHC
08-30-2022, 10:50 AM
I’ve got both my pairs in Canada. Toffane GTX from Mec and a pair of sella’s for winter from a small shoe shop in bc.
they are here

great choice on boot, I’d never wear anything else. Welsh soles, hand made in Italy with luxury quality leathers.. insanely waterproof, comfortable for 20km hikes.. best boots around but you pay for it.

Bullreaper
08-30-2022, 11:28 AM
My buddy just got a pair. Ordered directly from Zamberlan, they shipped to Canada for free, but he did get dinged GST and PST at the post office. Try Promo code COURTESY10 if u end up ordering from Zamberlan, not much but will save u 10%. I ordered their Logger Pro GTX last week and it worked. I live right by the border, so I just get them shipped to a box in the states and didn’t get dinged at the border when I brought them back, so can’t help ya with what those costs are exactly.

beadblaster
08-30-2022, 05:11 PM
I have oredered salaweas thru trekkinn and they were shipped out of Europe and never got charged anything by customs. They deal in all kinds of boots including the zamberlan. Takes a few weeks to get here .

swampthing
08-30-2022, 06:38 PM
Thanks bullreaper. Its the wasatch 981 boots I am looking for. If I like those I will also look at the logger pro for work boots. Mec doesnt carry the model I want.

high horse Hal
08-30-2022, 07:46 PM
just remembner the standard sizing difference between US and CDN/UK

Rackmastr
08-30-2022, 08:01 PM
Duty rate on boots that arent covered by a free trade agreement are 17.5%

Duty calculated first, and then taxed on top of the total price. Hope that helps.

beadblaster
09-01-2022, 10:51 AM
Hanwag.com has alaskan100 gtx on sale for 275 canadian. Appears to be only size 11.5

valleywalker
09-03-2022, 05:42 AM
I know it’s not the brand you’re after, but I recently ordered some Meindl’s from a Finnish distributor, paid $25 shipping and they were at my dorrstep in 4 business days. I got dinged for pst/gst but no duties.

by the way, the Meindl’s I ordered retail for $585+tax here in Canada and I paid $275 plus the $25 shipping and taxes, so $350 all-in. I would love to support local Canadian retailers but when I can buy he same item for half the price and have it arrive faster and cheaper than paying shipping from somewhere in Canada the whole idea of “shopping local” becomes a joke.

so all that to say, before ordering from the states have a look at some of the European distributors - there’s some great deals on boots out there. I ordered from Varuste.net and can vouch for them, but there’s plenty of other online retailers - I’m sure someone Carrie’s Zamberlan

madcalfe
09-03-2022, 06:17 AM
look on gohunt.com ive ordered boots from them without any issues and easy returns they have the zamberlan your looking for

swampthing
09-03-2022, 07:03 AM
Thanks madcalfe. I already ordered my 981s but did check out gohunt. I have never seen that site before.

Iltasyuko
09-05-2022, 08:47 AM
The Shipping section on the Zamberlan site has a note about no duty when shipping to Canada.

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/page/shipping-policy

swampthing
09-06-2022, 05:44 PM
The Shipping section on the Zamberlan site has a note about no duty when shipping to Canada.

https://www.zamberlanusa.com/page/shipping-policy

Great! Patiently awaiting my order!

theoutdoorsman
09-07-2022, 07:19 AM
I believe I just paid $128 or so on duty/tax for the same boots (981’s), but they fit great after my feet seemed to no longer be happy with the hanwags. If they pass muster after a sept sheep hunt I’ll probably order a 2nd pair. corlanes actually has some 981’s, but they’re not getting any more.

swampthing
09-07-2022, 04:15 PM
I believe I just paid $128 or so on duty/tax for the same boots (981’s), but they fit great after my feet seemed to no longer be happy with the hanwags. If they pass muster after a sept sheep hunt I’ll probably order a 2nd pair. corlanes actually has some 981’s, but they’re not getting any more.

Thats funny that you paid duty. Zamberlans website says they are duty free as Iltasyuko stated. Corlanes didnt have the wide size I needed. My hanwag trapper tops have been awesome but are showing there wear. It was hard not buying another set but I like to try new gear.

theoutdoorsman
09-07-2022, 05:02 PM
Yeah I was in the same boat, needed 13 wides or size 48 to be specific. Some manufacturers like crispi make their size 13 as a 47eu. The border is inconsistent on their duty charges at the best of times.

beretta
09-08-2022, 09:05 AM
https://www.corlanes.com/zamberlan-wasatch-gtx-rr.html

Corlanes

chef777
09-08-2022, 06:39 PM
Bass Pro carries the boot you're looking for. I saw them in Tswwassen not long ago.