PDA

View Full Version : Yalokum access

jackthebear
08-29-2022, 10:07 AM
Does anyone know if the Yalokum is accessible? Alpine mule deer hunt coming up😁

Arctic Lake
08-29-2022, 10:50 AM
Would like to know also as I was there many,many years ago . Drove in via FSR parked and hiked up above tree line .
I have never been back but can’t remember how I got there road to trail .
Arctic Lake

TheObserver
08-29-2022, 12:35 PM
I was up there last October and there were no blocks or any road issues. I know someone who went in and got a bear there this spring but not sure how far back the road he went

Most up to date I got, wish I could help more

tyyota
08-29-2022, 04:45 PM
I was up there in early Oct 2021. There was a road block about 35km up. I didn't feel up to justifying myself, so I turned around without speaking to the keepers. I understand they consider it a "wildlife information station" and don't necessarily prevent hunters from passing. I can't confirm that.

Bugle M In
08-29-2022, 05:25 PM
Last I heard is they just write down plate numbers.
But you can still go in.

BCHunterTV
08-29-2022, 07:43 PM
my dad use to hunt that area when i was a kid... he had a friend that had a trapline there

swampthing
08-30-2022, 09:54 AM
There was a little hippy colony set up along the road in. They had a roadblock and wanted to know your business. They wanted to see a license as well which I always denied, kindly asking to see their badge first.

RyoTHC
08-30-2022, 10:55 AM
There was a little hippy colony set up along the road in. They had a roadblock and wanted to know your business. They wanted to see a license as well which I always denied, kindly asking to see their badge first.

seems like a quick way to get some addresses of houses that are likely unattended. Not a chance I’d share that info.

Ron.C
08-30-2022, 11:08 AM
Not a chance I’d share that info.

Agree, no one except CO/law enforcement will see any of my ID/licences

BRvalley
08-30-2022, 01:46 PM
I've been driving in and out the past few weekends, the camp was unmanned each time, although I'm pretty sure I saw them cutting firewood later, they didn't bother me

previous years I didn't share any info, and they weren't overly intrusive, I'm sure they took down my plates.....but I would carry a saw, I found a tree that was suspiciously downed, and I hide my extra jerry cans in the bush when I park