PDA

View Full Version : Ordered tags online one month ago, haven't shown up?

DarekG
08-25-2022, 05:08 PM
I know there has been a ton of threads about this in the past, but I'm not sure how the BC union strikes might be affecting things... This year was the first year that I finally attempted to use the online tag ordering system.

I didn't trust it before - Keep in mind I have been working a lifelong career in IT and with computers. Let that sink in.

So this year I figured why not give it a shot. I ordered my tags July 26th... Here we are literally days away from archery season opener and I've yet to receive my tags? Is this normal for it to take over a month for an automated system to mail out some tags to me? Has anyone else experienced something similar this year or in previous years? For sure this will be the LAST time I order my tags online, absolute bullshit.

Now before anyone says "You should have ordered them way before that!", no, I shouldn't have to. It took me 9 days to get a brand new drivers license and services card processed and mailed out to me which required having to custom print two pieces of ID with my picture on it versus a hunting tag which is a pre-printed slip of paper.

What would you do in my scenario? As far as I know there is no way to track where the tags are but the website says "issued".

Sorry for the rant but I am pissed off.

igojuone
08-25-2022, 05:10 PM
I'd print the paid receipt out and carry on.

RyoTHC
08-25-2022, 05:36 PM
I'd print the paid receipt out and carry on.

what do you cut when you get your animal?

Rayne
08-25-2022, 06:21 PM
Write all the info down on a piece of paper and take a picture. Transfer it to a tag when it shows up.

Harvest the Land
08-25-2022, 06:32 PM
I know there has been a ton of threads about this in the past, but I'm not sure how the BC union strikes might be affecting things... This year was the first year that I finally attempted to use the online tag ordering system.

I didn't trust it before - Keep in mind I have been working a lifelong career in IT and with computers. Let that sink in.

So this year I figured why not give it a shot. I ordered my tags July 26th... Here we are literally days away from archery season opener and I've yet to receive my tags? Is this normal for it to take over a month for an automated system to mail out some tags to me? Has anyone else experienced something similar this year or in previous years? For sure this will be the LAST time I order my tags online, absolute bullshit.

Now before anyone says "You should have ordered them way before that!", no, I shouldn't have to. It took me 9 days to get a brand new drivers license and services card processed and mailed out to me which required having to custom print two pieces of ID with my picture on it versus a hunting tag which is a pre-printed slip of paper.

What would you do in my scenario? As far as I know there is no way to track where the tags are but the website says "issued".

You definitely ordered yours with plenty of time to spare and they should have absolutely arrived by now. I ordered mine two weeks ago and they arrived last week (about a week later). Would definitely call and find out where your tags are. Do your credentials need to be updated?

Ron.C
08-25-2022, 06:40 PM
I'd go into a FrontCounter or Service BC office with a copy of my receipt and inquire about the problem in person.

I certainly would not recommend hunting until you have a valid species license in hand.

Bigdoggdon
08-25-2022, 10:25 PM
I'd go into a FrontCounter or Service BC office with a copy of my receipt and inquire about the problem in person.

This ^^^. And remember it is an offence to not have ALL your tags in your possession when in the bush, so keep all the documents with you if you go out.

dbergen69
08-26-2022, 05:21 AM
This is the first time i have not bought my tags online. I waited too long and was worried about a possible strike. Generally it takes about a week for the tags to arrive after ordered. I would call or go to Service BC. Something has went wrong with your order.

BeerMan
08-26-2022, 05:30 AM
^^^^ This is good advice. I ordered mine last Sunday morning ang got them yesterday.

hunter1947
08-26-2022, 05:33 AM
I ordered tags on line a few years ago won't do that again never showed up so I had to go to the wildlife branch to get my tags they where lost in the mail

bcsteve
08-26-2022, 07:21 AM
I have been ordering my tags online since the beginning and have always received my tags within a week. Knock on wood....

Citori54
08-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Ordered mine three weeks ago and they arrived in about a week.

TheObserver
08-26-2022, 07:35 AM

No man it is not normal to take that long, when I do order online during summer it comes within days, 1 week at the most.

I will be going to store to get them now. Some hunting stores around here sell them i'm not sure about your area

Lukeez88
08-26-2022, 07:40 AM
Go into a service bc office. They should issue you new tags over the counter. Happened to a buddy last year. They gave him his tags and told him to throw the tags he ordered away if they ever show up. His original tags ended up coming in the mail months down the road. I’ve typically gotten my tags in the mail within a week.

high horse Hal
08-26-2022, 08:18 AM
Going to Service BC for my tags

I hope I get the same clerk that I gave a rough time to when I asked for a hard copy of the LEH and she said she couldn't print one
no, I don't have a printer at home that works and no I won't go to a friends to get one printed, thats the Gov'ts job

orest.06
08-26-2022, 08:55 AM
Cabela’s or local hunting/fishing shop works every season cuz they want all of your other business! Service Cda is like a convenience store with 12 foot high shelves!

Ourea
08-26-2022, 09:42 AM
If you want something to be screwed up, put it in the hands of Gov