PDA

View Full Version : Chief says… no hunting for whiteys

browningboy
08-25-2022, 03:36 PM
https://www.langleyadvancetimes.com/news/dont-come-here-tilhqotin-nation-asks-b-c-hunters-to-forgo-chilcotin-moose-hunts/

RyoTHC
08-25-2022, 03:42 PM
I’m going to make a point to hunt exclusively in that area after the sheep hunt.

chief joe can lick my rim.
what a traditional name btw…

huntingfamily
08-25-2022, 06:08 PM
BCWF statement...

https://bcwf.bc.ca/advice-to-moose-hunters/

Dustee
08-25-2022, 06:29 PM
Since I'm African-Canadian, does the ban still apply to me as well?

Husky7mm
08-25-2022, 07:42 PM
I think that has been going on for years now in that area, and from the same chief.

westcoaster
08-25-2022, 08:01 PM
Alphonse also voiced his concern that logging roads and wildfires have created far too much access in the Chilcotin/Tsilhqot’in Territory, making the animals vulnerable to over-hunting and poaching, both of which have been further aided by the increase in the technology of scopes and guns.

So long as the chief's tribe practices what the chief preaches....

Back to bow and arrow and stalking on foot. (ok, maybe a lever action 38-55 with open sights...)
No traditional quads with rifles and scopes....

Arctic Lake
08-25-2022, 08:56 PM
Do his band members follow sustainability practices ? Do they record all of their harvests ? Do they harvest any moose regardless of sex or age ?
Could Chief Joe comment on my questions
Arctic Lake

TheObserver
08-25-2022, 09:11 PM
Whitey says no hunting for chief 🖕

TheObserver
08-25-2022, 09:42 PM
BCWF statement...

https://bcwf.bc.ca/advice-to-moose-hunters/

"If approached at a blockade or gate, maintain a physical distance of two metres and consider wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth."

Lol

HappyJack
08-26-2022, 07:29 AM
"If approached at a blockade or gate, maintain a physical distance of two metres and consider wearing a mask that covers your nose and mouth."

Lol

Isn't that one of the dumbest things you've ever read? And they suggest you video any encounters, maybe they shouldn't suggest you do things to escalate a tense situation?

walks with deer
08-26-2022, 07:35 AM
2017 wildfires made moose abd deer its been 5 years joes a shit disturber..

walks with deer
08-26-2022, 08:06 AM

Back to bow and arrow and stalking on foot. (ok, maybe a lever action 38-55 with open sights...)

Ya buy his people he uses the chilicotin war like cruch giving him a excuse to behave poorly.

Sharpish
08-26-2022, 08:19 AM
Ya buy his people he uses the chilicotin war like cruch giving him a excuse to behave poorly.

lol what??

hunter1947
08-26-2022, 08:32 AM
The problem is with our government the Aboriginals put out there hands and get what they want..

Ourea
08-26-2022, 08:48 AM
Science shows that the harvest rates are well below sustainability rates.
Chief Joe has no science other than entitlement justification.

If anyone other than FN set up illegal road blockades yielding firearms (and I bet they all have PALS and are licensed :mad: ) you would be charged and the rd block would come down asap. Tad bit of a public safety issue.

As Joe gets away with his intimidation tactics with no push back from Gov, industry and society, only more bands will emulate his model.

Come to grips with it as there will only be further challenges and restrictions with access and use of the backcountry.

Side note -
No shot at a sockeye opening for license paying sport fisherman to put a few sockeye in the freezer to feed their families due to conservation concerns ........
but wait, there are gill nets up and down the Fraser.

Get used to it in the insanity that is the new world with BC being leading the unsustainable sh*t show here in Canada.

I am so concerned about the future of our kids when it comes to the outdoors.

Salty
08-26-2022, 11:58 AM
Since I'm African-Canadian, does the ban still apply to me as well?

It sounds like it would if you don't live up there. Reading the link the chief only talks about not wanting non locals hunting up there, he says he's got no problems with local non FN hunters taking a few moose. But true to HBC form race has been (falsely) injected into the conversation, hell even the thread title. I don't agree with chief Joe on many levels but he didn't mention anything to do with white, red, black, yellow or otherwise.

Bugle M In
08-26-2022, 12:25 PM
Glad to see the chief is keeping “Discrimination” alive and well.
Remind me, what am I supposed to be Reconsilliating for.
To be kept off the same land I am born in,and to stop what I legally am allowed to do.

”Dear Chief, suck my dick”,

CranePete
08-26-2022, 12:56 PM
I see that West Chilcotin Forest Products printed a notice in the Tribune that a gate was going in on the Beef Trail at the Hwy 20 junction. To be locked Sept 1-Nov 1, and again in the spring, to protect the cariboo herd. Also gave notice that they’ll be de-activating many roads.

Ourea
08-26-2022, 02:30 PM
I see that West Chilcotin Forest Products printed a notice in the Tribune that a gate was going in on the Beef Trail at the Hwy 20 junction. To be locked Sept 1-Nov 1, and again in the spring, to protect the cariboo herd. Also gave notice that they’ll be de-activating many roads.

There will be a good chunk of FN members that will have keys to those gates.
Tip on the Caribou, stop shooting them.

I am a huge advocate of road deactivation due to our ever growing FSR density. Many areas in BC are 2 to 5 times over the recommended amount of rd per square kilometer in order to support wildlife.

It's not looking good for the future politically, socially or conservation wise.

HappyJack
08-26-2022, 02:56 PM
I am totally against road closures, totally uncalled for.

Lets use some table top science. How many licensed hunters are there in BC 110,000 maybe [about 40,000 moose tags sold]?

"There are over 620,000kms of resource roads across BC which are used by both industrial users and recreational users"

And that's not all the roads out there, so clearly there is no congestion being caused by hunters, that for the most part get in a couple of weekends or hunt out of boats or in the mountains on foot. Sometimes you can drive roads for hours and not even see another road hunter.

It's complete gaslighting baloney to feed the gullible that road access is a problem that is negatively affecting the wildlife populations. Hell, they even admit more moose are killed by trains than by hunters.

There might be an issue closer to high population zones like the lower mainland, they could control the number of hunters in other ways than closing roads, ripping out bridges, and digging death dealing de-activations. All closing roads will do is concentrate people into smaller areas, the same as those stupid 2 day moose openings in the Peace.

Ourea
08-26-2022, 04:51 PM
Where is your information on roads that are kept up in the winter months that are wolf Hiways?
Preds can pound off 15 to 20 km a night with ease vs pushing waste deep snow. Tough winters keep their numbers in check if they are not poking doeing down a plowed rd looking for their next ambush.

I am blessed with knowing some great game bios and wildlife researchers, some I hunt with.
With that comes a wealth of information and quantified data.

Rd closures yes.

Political control of a resource that is beyond any checks and balances......nuts.

That's where we are starting to land on.....

Bugle M In
08-26-2022, 06:03 PM
The part that is concerning to me. Isn’t the chief stating non locals should stay away, as I am not surprised.
But I hear more and more comments by non fn locals on this approach for the future.
Especially that LEH is becoming the only way to get out hunting.
Keep that drum up, divide us up further and you can all kiss it goodbye if you think that is the solution going forward.
Ince the out of Townes’s are gone, chief will come after you locals.

Sadly though , it’s human nature to protect oneself and throw others under the bus to carry on…. For a time.
But sooner or later, it will come back to bite everyone in the ass who thinks that’s a great concept right now.

Arctic Lake
08-26-2022, 06:56 PM
Why do the FN have keys ? Could you explain ?
Arctic Lake
The part that is concerning to me. Isn’t the chief stating non locals should stay away, as I am not surprised.
But I hear more and more comments by non fn locals on this approach for the future.
Especially that LEH is becoming the only way to get out hunting.
Keep that drum up, divide us up further and you can all kiss it goodbye if you think that is the solution going forward.
Ince the out of Townes’s are gone, chief will come after you locals.

Sadly though , it’s human nature to protect oneself and throw others under the bus to carry on…. For a time.
But sooner or later, it will come back to bite everyone in the ass who thinks that’s a great concept right now.

There will be a good chunk of FN members that will have keys to those gates.
Tip on the Caribou, stop shooting them.

I am a huge advocate of road deactivation due to our ever growing FSR density. Many areas in BC are 2 to 5 times over the recommended amount of rd per square kilometer in order to support wildlife.

It's not looking good for the future politically, socially or conservation wise.

Bpower
08-26-2022, 09:20 PM
Why do the FN have keys ? Could you explain ?
Arctic Lake

Section 35 of the Constitution Act, UNDRIP and treaty rights would all come into play if they were denied access to their traditional lands

JcNemo
08-27-2022, 12:16 AM
From a person who never hunted moose. All this news tell me is that there are moose in the Tŝilhqot’in Nation area, so much that all hunters in BC go there to hunt moose. So, that is where I will be

Redthies
08-27-2022, 06:35 AM

Back to bow and arrow and stalking on foot.

Smashing the “like” button!