PDA

View Full Version : My new toy

Sitkaspruce
11-25-2007, 07:38 PM
I finally got a day to go out in my new toy, been so busy hunting and working. This was a day to get used to the boat, so I decided to set a couple of crab traps and troll around for any feeders.

The new toy
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/Fishing002.jpg

07 Hewescraft 180 Searunner with 115 yammy and 8HT yammy kicker, two electric scotties, Lowrance 337cdf sounder/GPS, VHF and trailer. I bought it off a guy who was leaving town and needed to get rid of it. So I made him an offer and he agreed. It has 55 hours on it and after we agreed to a price, he threw in about $2500 in extras including terminal gear, lamiglas and shimano rods, shimanio/Diawa/Penn reels, prawn and crab traps, nets, extra GPS and a whole lot of other stuff needed to catch fish and use the boat on the ocean.

Today was a great day.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Sitkaspruce/Fishing005.jpg

No fish, but I really did not fish very hard, just got used to the boat and the gear on board. Ended up with three dungeness and picked the two best for dinner.

Awsome boat and a great day.

Now I need to convince the other half to allow me to add some stuff and make a few changes. But that will be another day.

mtnmax
11-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I'm jelous!!!!!!!

Leaseman
11-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Very nice....congrats on your new toy!!!!

Mike

Wildman
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey Ken, I saw you twing that badboy yesterday. Head out to Rupert Arm if you want crab.....it's awesome crabbing out there. There are usually springs to be caught just off Ledge Point or Lady Ellen Point all year long. We should get together for a beer.........I'll give you a knock one of these days.

pupper
11-26-2007, 09:38 AM
nice boat ken, are you staying on the island now?

Sitkaspruce
11-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Vadin

Beers sound great. Just pop by.

Pupper

Not at this time, but could not turn down the deal on the boat. Now I need to sell two of my other ones. LOL

308Lover
11-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Well if you ever need company, I'd try not to drool on your boat, Ha! Ha!
Moved here from Prince George, and am cravinf a trip for winter springs ...sigh.... Awesome looking boat!

Mr. Dean
11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
No name?????

Boats gotta have a name.

Sitkaspruce
11-26-2007, 11:10 AM
308lover

Where is here? Are you close to Port McNeill?

Mr Dean

I have left the naming of the boat up to my better half. She has certain guideline she has to follow, but she has recommended a couple all ready that I like. No rush right now.

BCrams
11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Great looking fishing boat! I suppose one can't be an Islander without a boat to take advantage of the fishing! Not to mention a good lake boat too.

480ruger
11-30-2007, 03:05 AM
nice boat, you will be very happy with that package, i bought a harbercraft 18ft with a 90 yamaha,and 8 hp kicker with the lowrance 525 gps with the navionics map for bc coast.i have been in some pretty rough water so far,and the boat just bobs like a cork,and very cheap to operate.. i fish around bella bella and namu, but am looking at relocating to the north island in the future,and hopefully extend my fishing time......

Thunderstix
11-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Throw a jet on it and up the Muskwa we go!

480ruger
11-30-2007, 02:09 PM
i found a jet,just waiting for the xmass season to be done ,then i can buy some more goodies.... i was on the muskwa river back in the 89 for moose,and yup it was fun...