PDA

View Full Version : Trail on West Side of Tatogga Lake

Lobot Doog
07-30-2022, 06:11 AM
Hi there everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had some info on where exactly the little trail heading onto the plateau is on the west side of tattoga lake. I know the general area it is supposed to be in, just was hoping someone might be able to tell us a distinguishing landmark to look out for to save us some time trying to find it as I hear it is a bit overgrown.

If you have any info, a PM would be highly appreciated.

All the best,

L

Evanguy
07-30-2022, 02:46 PM
when are you planning to hike the trail? ill be on the other end of it from Aug 10 to 20th

Tatogga lodge has the trail listed on their map of things to do, talking to someone who works in one of the lodges may give you an answer.

jac
07-30-2022, 06:42 PM
bring good rain gear

Rackmastr
07-30-2022, 08:54 PM
Hiked up the northern side of it a few years back. Pretty cool country but we were right on the cusp of being too late in the season with snow.

BCbillies
07-31-2022, 12:26 AM
I sent a guy and his 18 year old daughter up there last year. Trail was littered with blowdown and grown in. Said it was hell. I’ll pm you.

Lobot Doog
07-31-2022, 07:01 AM
I sent a guy and his 18 year old daughter up there last year. Trail was littered with blowdown and grown in. Said it was hell. I’ll pm you.

Thanks a lot! Sent you a PM.

Astepanuk
08-08-2022, 11:51 AM
Group of us we're planning the same trip but unfortunately the Accompany to Hunt permit was denied! Love to hear about your story how you make out we weren't planned to go until into early October.

swampthing
08-09-2022, 06:53 PM
My son was in there a couple years back and had a hell of a trip. An early snowstorm made for rough hunting and high winds shredded his tent. He willed himself through 2 days of hell surviving by wrapping up in a tarp until the weather broke. With clear weather he selected a goat and made a run for the boat! He commented that the blowdown on the trail was horrendous. I took him on his first goat hunt into that area when he was 14 and it is a fun place to be.

BCHunterTV
08-14-2022, 08:54 PM
im looking for the guides trail on Kinaskan Lake.... it heads into the same area

any info? pm me

thanks

Treed
08-14-2022, 11:19 PM
I’ll be up there in a week. I let you know what I see / hear.

Mtnhunter11
05-09-2023, 03:24 PM
Can anyone pm an update on trail location on tatoggs or kinaskan? Would really appreciate any information.
thanks

CReever
05-13-2023, 01:08 PM
Update: Opener, 2022
26 hunters spotted along every ridge, up every "hidden" or known trail along the lakes. Talk about fun!

BCbillies
05-13-2023, 02:57 PM
Update: Opener, 2022
26 hunters spotted along every ridge, up every "hidden" or known trail along the lakes. Talk about fun!

Was similar in 2021. 20 years ago you’d have 3 groups on the opener. Beautiful scenery tho but the choppers and exploration is a bit much.

CReever
05-14-2023, 01:05 PM
Was similar in 2021. 20 years ago you’d have 3 groups on the opener. Beautiful scenery tho but the choppers and exploration is a bit much.

It's definitely a beautiful spot with some cool geological features!
In my opinion, I think it's a good example of how pictures, videos, social media posts, etc. of a specific area can really change hunting pressure.

jac
05-16-2023, 07:10 PM
In my opinion, I think it's a good example of how pictures, videos, social media posts, etc. of a specific area can really change hunting pressure.

totally agree

SR80
05-17-2023, 05:30 AM

and youtube videos

Stone Sheep Steve
05-17-2023, 06:31 AM
Sounds like lots have people have at least checked out this area. If you don’t mind lots of hunters and rams getting creamed as soon as they reach legal status, it’s a nice area to check out. Good place to cut your teeth for newer sheep hunters.

If you want to find a good sheep, places with much tougher access would be a place to look. Easy hunts don’t ‘normally’ yield good rams.

SSS

JAGRMEISTER
06-20-2023, 08:07 PM
you are a bag of schit! there is very limited sheep activity in that area and unless you have leh, go moose hunting!
Better check your racks sss, they are surely domestic!