PDA

View Full Version : Stikine River Trip

stickshooter
07-05-2022, 07:17 AM
I have been fortunate to draw a LEH tag for last 2 weeks of Sept and would like to see if there may be other hunters that drew that tag that would be interested in teaming up just in the event of something going wrong, ie boat trouble, emergency etc. It is a long way up there and would be reassuring to know in the event of trouble that there is assistance not to far away. I have a good boat and am experienced and have been up there before. Could communicate via inreach, 2 way radio etc. Not looking to join a hunting party just looking to be prepared in the event of trouble.

emerson
07-05-2022, 11:20 AM
I have been fortunate to draw a LEH tag for last 2 weeks of Sept and would like to see if there may be other hunters that drew that tag that would be interested in teaming up just in the event of something going wrong, ie boat trouble, emergency etc. It is a long way up there and would be reassuring to know in the event of trouble that there is assistance not to far away. I have a good boat and am experienced and have been up there before. Could communicate via inreach, 2 way radio etc. Not looking to join a hunting party just looking to be prepared in the event of trouble.
As in Spatsizi or below the canyon launching in Telegraph? I won’t make it up there this year but it is great country.

stickshooter
07-05-2022, 08:56 PM
Sorry for not clarifying, this trip is for the upper Stikine launching where hwy 37 crosses the Stikine.

Jbunce
07-06-2022, 04:55 AM
Put extra insurance on your truck

walterdekker
07-07-2022, 08:05 PM
I also have a caribou draw for the last two weeks of Sept. I plan on boating up the Stikine and hiking to the plateau. I would be interested in getting in touch for this. Feel free to private message me.

Walt.