PDA

View Full Version : pr george leh elk

drcutting
06-29-2022, 12:12 AM
got an leh elk in 7-09 so am trying to get info on landowners to contact for permission for nov hunt. can anyone help

dbergen69
06-29-2022, 06:32 PM
I don’t mean to be a downer but the permission is the hardest part of this hunt. I live in PG and won’t put in for this hunt because of access issues. I would suggest a tour before the season starts. Knock on doors and ask nicely. Leave your contact info and maybe a call will come when elk are in the feilds.

Ramhunter85
07-07-2022, 01:43 PM
Unless you had permission lined up I don't like your chances. I've lived in PG my whole life and I put in for cow elk in the peace because its easier to secure private land access. Your best bet is to get land maps and knock on doors

HappyJack
07-07-2022, 07:35 PM
We owned land in 7-09....when the leh is open the elk weren't around.

Machinist
07-08-2022, 07:33 AM
I live in PG as well .I had a tag in there and could not get anyone to let me on their land to hunt, just don't know why they even bother having these tags in the draw they are useless . Good Luck

drcutting
07-17-2022, 02:18 PM
from what i gathered so far, they should refund our money. should make it like alberta where you can access a list of landowners who give permission in writing. b.c.'s biologists should do their job properly. i don't want to sound nasty but i'm usually worse.

bighornbob
07-17-2022, 03:08 PM
Sounds like you should have asked these questions prior to applying???

Also the LEH is probably the governments answer to farmers complaining about the elk. Farmers complain, government gives out LEH’s, hunters complain can’t get access from farmers, farmers continue to complain, government tells farmers they need to provide access. Or the bios go to Victoria and say we tried a hunt in the fall and farmers continue to complain so we need a late winter hunt.

BHB