PDA

View Full Version : Kamloops lake Sheep 3-29A

RyoTHC
06-27-2022, 11:40 AM
Well, since this site needs a lot more hunting discussion..( ;) lol)
And I’m a hunting noobie in general let alone a species I’ve never even thought about hunting…
guess it’s time to get the bike back out and work on cardio.. chasing bears is easy lol

anyone care to share any knowledge they have about this little gem?
will start scouting after Canada day long weekend.. it’s about a 30-40 minute drive from my front door so I should be able to put tonnes of hours in..

never hunted sheep, or anything alpine before.. tbh we put in for 3 “holy grail” draws, knowing my hunting time would be limited this fall.
needless to say this year has been full of pleasant surprises after getting walloped by the flooding in November.

3-29A Sept 15-30 is the exact zone and draw.
This throws a small kink in my local elk hunting plans.

unbelievable community this forum has when the topic is something we all love no matter our reason for hunting.

monasheemountainman
06-27-2022, 12:13 PM
Shoot a big one

Livewire322
06-27-2022, 12:54 PM
Far from an alpine hunt that one is…

I spent many afternoons on my grandparents’ porch in Savona glassing the sheep across the lake. Ran into rams on numerous occasions just west of Copper creek.
You should be able to find a good ram by hunting the slopes of the lake - good luck and congrats!

Darksith
06-27-2022, 12:58 PM
sent you a PM

Congrats

Ramshot
06-27-2022, 01:07 PM
Great draw. Congrats. I drew that tag in 1996 and took an older gentleman in my jetboat in 2014 out and he killed a book California bighorn. The jetboat is really great for looking over that area.

Ramshot

RyoTHC
06-27-2022, 03:13 PM
Oddly the local gun store just told me a guy that lives around the corner from me got this exact draw last year.. small world lol

Anyone want to recommend some books for purchasing that I may be overlookng ? Dream rams on route of course.

On the jet boat note.. that would be nice for the sheep and even nicer for the salmon run haha

VLD43
06-27-2022, 06:14 PM
Look at the WSSBC site and learn how to judge rams both for age and quality. As this is probably a once in a lifetime hunt, don't waste it on a small ram.

digger dogger
06-27-2022, 06:20 PM
Take bighornbob up on his offer.

twoSevenO
06-27-2022, 06:55 PM
Look at the WSSBC site and learn how to judge rams both for age and quality. As this is probably a once in a lifetime hunt, don't waste it on a small ram.

X2 .... once in a lifetime and some real cranker rams in that herd.

high horse Hal
06-27-2022, 07:08 PM
Pretty easy area to pre-scout, set up in the shade with a cooler and a good chair and glass til your eyes drop out
that will give you a basis fir what type of rams are possible
then hunt day hike a little and hope you find the right one

srupp
06-27-2022, 07:17 PM
Take bighornbob up on his offer.
great idea..
x2
srupp

CReever
06-27-2022, 10:00 PM
Good luck! I hope you harvest a beauty old ram!

monasheemountainman
06-27-2022, 11:28 PM
Shoot a big one. Just go take your time man seriously take your time you have a once in a lifetime chance to kill a giant Cali. You live close, I’d drag my balls from west Kelowna in shards full of broken crack pipe glass to have that draw.

Arctic Lake
06-28-2022, 06:08 AM
Good Luck Ryo !
Arctic Lake
And I’m a hunting noobie in general let alone a species I’ve never even thought about hunting…
guess it’s time to get the bike back out and work on cardio.. chasing bears is easy lol

will start scouting after Canada day long weekend.. it’s about a 30-40 minute drive from my front door so I should be able to put tonnes of hours in..

never hunted sheep, or anything alpine before.. tbh I put in for 3 “holy grail” draws, knowing my hunting time would be limited this fall as my wife and I are having our first child in a few weeks here..

needless to say this year has been full of pleasant surprises after getting walloped by the flooding in November.

tyreguy
06-28-2022, 09:00 AM
First of all - congratulations on the once in a lifetime hunt. Treat it as such because to buy this hunt would be $50-60k (or more) and you'll likely never have a chance like this again.
Good spotting scope, phone scope adapter and bino's would be key, that lookout above the south side of the lake will give you an excellent spot to glass from and find/follow the sheep. Find them, follow them and get to know your target, and when Sept 15th comes around you are set.

never hunted sheep, or anything alpine before.. tbh I put in for 3 “holy grail” draws, knowing my hunting time would be limited this fall as my wife and I are having our first child in a few weeks here..

Wild Images
06-28-2022, 10:31 AM
Talk to Dennis Kitto

He has more pictures of monster rams in that area than anyone

tyreguy
06-28-2022, 12:36 PM
To clarify, “to buy a hunt like this” and not so much buy this hunt as I don’t think there is a guided hunt there.
First of all - congratulations on the once in a lifetime hunt. Treat it as such because to buy this hunt would be $50-60k (or more) and you'll likely never have a chance like this again.
Good spotting scope, phone scope adapter and bino's would be key, that lookout above the south side of the lake will give you an excellent spot to glass from and find/follow the sheep. Find them, follow them and get to know your target, and when Sept 15th comes around you are set.

twoSevenO
06-28-2022, 02:29 PM
To clarify, “to buy a hunt like this” and not so much buy this hunt as I don’t think there is a guided hunt there.

I heard that the local FN band there was allowed to sell 1 hunt per year?
But i agree, it is definitely a $50,000-$60,000 hunt.

It is certainly a once in a lifetime. Big rams. Pretty close to town. Pretty easy to scout. If i had the tag, i would dedicate 10 days to it. One week off work plus weekends on either side isn't too bad for a hunt like this.

RyoTHC
06-28-2022, 02:38 PM
I heard that the local FN band there was allowed to sell 1 hunt per year?
But i agree, it is definitely a $50,000-$60,000 hunt.

It is certainly a once in a lifetime. Big rams. Pretty close to town. Pretty easy to scout. If i had the tag, i would dedicate 10 days to it. One week off work plus weekends on either side isn't too bad for a hunt like this.

I won’t be able to spend days on end on the mountain at a time having a new baby, but it’s 30-40minute drive to the glassing point that’s been suggested to me, so I’ll at least be on the glass for 15 of 15 days of the season, barring a ram going down prior to that… I may not have the luxury of holding out, depending on how the situation is at home.. booked off work from sept 1-Oct 4 so scouting should be no issue before season as well. I’ll carry my bow and hunt any bucks while I scout early sept.

lots of amazing offers for help and tips already so I’ll be utilizing that as much as I can.. thanks everyone so far, I’ll be reaching out !

twoSevenO
06-28-2022, 03:43 PM
I won’t be able to spend days on end on the mountain at a time having a new baby, but it’s 30-40minute drive to the glassing point that’s been suggested to me, so I’ll at least be on the glass for 15 of 15 days of the season, barring a ram going down prior to that… I may not have the luxury of holding out, depending on how the situation is at home.. booked off work from sept 1-Oct 4 so scouting should be no issue before season as well. I’ll carry my bow and hunt any bucks while I scout early sept.

lots of amazing offers for help and tips already so I’ll be utilizing that as much as I can.. thanks everyone so far, I’ll be reaching out !

I meant the rest of us coming from the LM and elsewhere. You live in Kamloops, you could probably do it just hunting the weekends.

It'll be a good one.

tyreguy
06-28-2022, 05:13 PM
I didn't want to go there and derail the thread, but had also heard the same.
[QUOTE=twoSevenO;2347435]I heard that the local FN band there was allowed to sell 1 hunt per year?

RyoTHC
06-28-2022, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info tyreguy,
the days can’t go fast enough now I tell ya..

a bit of a weird question, but anyone know which brand / models of spotting scope have the best resale value? I don’t own one and my hunting style has never yet needed one, but it’ll be essential for this trip, I want to get something good and then plan to sell it after the hunt.

vincentcui
06-28-2022, 10:25 PM

a bit of a weird question, but anyone know which brand / models of spotting scope have the best resale value? I don’t own one and my hunting style has never yet needed one, but it’ll be essential for this trip, I want to get something good and then plan to sell it after the hunt.

great question, I will need to buy one too

twoSevenO
06-28-2022, 11:58 PM
If it's just for one hunt, why don't you borrow one? I'm sure one of your friends has a decent one they could lend you, no?

Sharpish
06-29-2022, 12:28 AM
A good spotter like a Swarovski, Zeiss or Leica is a major investment, even if you get a good deal used. Fun toy though.

digger dogger
06-29-2022, 05:44 AM
See if you can buy used, then sell if u dont use it.

Avalanche123
06-29-2022, 06:34 AM

A good spotting scope is critical and I think it will end up augmenting your hunting style....but yes it is a pricey toy. A used swaro will sell fast too. Good luck!

vincentcui
06-29-2022, 07:08 AM
If it's just for one hunt, why don't you borrow one? I'm sure one of your friends has a decent one they could lend you, no?
I don’t have a friend who has a spotting scope that worth over 1K; I might end up with buying one

vincentcui
06-29-2022, 07:09 AM
A good spotter like a Swarovski, Zeiss or Leica is a major investment, even if you get a good deal used. Fun toy though.
Yeah I just checked on Cabela’s and realized how expensive they are

vincentcui
06-29-2022, 07:09 AM
See if you can buy used, then sell if u dont use it.
Good advice, time to check Facebook hunting buy and sell group

vincentcui
06-29-2022, 07:12 AM
A good spotting scope is critical and I think it will end up augmenting your hunting style....but yes it is a pricey toy. A used swaro will sell fast too. Good luck!
Exactly, my hunting so far has never placed me in a position where I need to take a shot over 250m, this hunt is about to change that (for my friend though since it’s his tag)

RyoTHC
06-29-2022, 08:24 AM
Double post.

RyoTHC
06-29-2022, 08:44 AM

doubt it’ll change my hunting style, just essential now..
what kind of zoom are we talking being essential here? Will the smaller vortex razor spotting scope that’s around 1100 be sufficient? It’s 11x33x50. binos I run the new fury 5000s range finding binos. I have no problem spending the money on the glass, I just know I won’t want to keep it after.. if I could spot and stalk into these sheep without glassing I would without hesitation.

Avalanche123
06-29-2022, 09:00 AM
doubt it’ll change my hunting style, just essential now..
what kind of zoom are we talking being essential here? Will the smaller vortex razor spotting scope that’s around 1100 be sufficient? It’s 11x33x50. binos I run the new fury 5000s range finding binos. I have no problem spending the money on the glass, I just know I won’t want to keep it after.. if I could spot and stalk into these sheep without glassing I would without hesitation.

augment not change...
I don't know what the glass quality is like on the Vortex...Ive had same swaro glass for over 30yrs (binos and spotter)....with more magnification heat waves become a problem...
Maybe take up someones offer to help who has a spotting scope?

tyreguy
06-29-2022, 09:09 AM
I'm not a sheep hunter but from what i have observed listening to others its an ass and glass style - sit down and pick apart the terrain, better to glass a mountain than climb it just to see whats up there. That being said this isn't your usual sheep hunt as you can drive to your glassing points.
Suggest a big part of your scouting is from a distance, your don't want to be stomping around the week before your tag opens and push the sheep - remember they are not "really" hunted therefore increases in area activity may not be good.
Sept the rams may be in groups away from the lambs/ewes, no interest in the ladies yet so you may to have to locate them.
Good optics are never a bad idea and in the future when counting points is pretty important knowing if thats a 6 point elk before you try to get him, tripalm on a moose or locating the sheep of a lifetime - you'll use a spotter again.
My son gets some pretty amazing photo's of game via his phone scope adapter and Vortex spotter.

I had a ewe draw here in 2014, drove up / got a ewe / home by 1pm, had 3 spots i wanted to hit and found them on the third. Wasn't too impressed with the meat and maybe it was just mine but a mixture of sage brush and urine was the best description. Saw a group on rock outcropping that had a dandy ram in tow - i got caught up looking at him as i think he was pretty good but for comparison i didn't have another ram to compare to, but then i had to make sure i was lined up on a ewe and not a banana ram - i pulled back 4 times to re-check before taking a shot (200yds / 7-08).
I decided after that i would only ever apply for a ram as it wasn't a meat hunt.
Again congrats on the draw, you may have another kid but you will probably never have this draw again!!
with the exception of the sheep, I’m confident that I’ll never use it again lol, most of my shots on animals are sub 50 yards.. enjoy some spot and stalk.. even elk hunting I’m not glassing, run and gunning for me.. even if that means tag soup.. I can’t sit still lol.. this hunt I’ll have to force myself due to the rarity but it won’t be fun haha

dapesche
06-29-2022, 09:40 AM
I'm excited to follow this hunt. Please take pics.
We'll live vicariously through you.

Need a spotting scope!?!? I'm selling one :)

Up in Kamloops this weekkend.

bighornbob
06-29-2022, 11:26 AM
I don’t have a friend who has a spotting scope that worth over 1K; I might end up with buying one

Dont get caught up with the hype too much. I used a Bushnell Spacemaster for about 20 years of sheep hunting and I put rams on the wall. Sure you may not be able to count rings at a kilometer but I could always judge if the ram was worth a closer look or if that white rump was a sheep or a mule deer at a few kilometers away.

I would also bet the newer vortex models that run in the 5-600 range are head and shoulders above what I was using for years.

If you are limited on funds, I would rather pay for tanks of gas for scouting trips then a high end spotter. Also your LEH tags are for any ram. You dont need the high end optics to see if the ram is 8 years of age for a stone sheep, or is that lamb tip over the bridge of the nose or if that mature ram at spences has broken the bridge of the nose too. You should will be shooting a broomed (by age and not just a busted horn on a 3/4 curl lamp tipped ram) ram that is close to furl curl. An inch either way on the horn wont matter as the sheep will be great.

If push came to shove look at the darkest colored ram first in a group rams. The darkest rams will always be the older rams in a group. Start there and then look at horns.

I will be in touch.

BHB

simonvancouver
06-29-2022, 11:40 AM
Sent you a PM.

pieter
06-29-2022, 11:59 AM
I had the November draw last year done a lot of spotting from steelhead campsite had a great bunch of guys helping but it takes a lot of spotting and then drive the roads above them and hike down and hope the stay where they were I got a good ram

pieter
06-29-2022, 12:02 PM
I had the November draw last year a lot of spotting from Steelhead campsite and the lookout had a great bunch of guys helping got a great ram

RyoTHC
06-29-2022, 12:48 PM
I had the November draw last year done a lot of spotting from steelhead campsite had a great bunch of guys helping but it takes a lot of spotting and then drive the roads above them and hike down and hope the stay where they were I got a good ram

your thread was one of the first I went back and read again actually, beautiful ram! Did you get a mount done? If so? Do you have it back yet ?

congrats on having what looks like three generations with ya !

bchunter181
06-29-2022, 02:24 PM
looks like you have lots of people offering help but i can help with where the rams are hangin out if you need the help.

srupp
06-29-2022, 02:57 PM
great offer MR.B.....HUNTER181
as for spotting scopes just sold my Swarovski HD set up..20-60 variable zoom..65mm front optic..sold it for new price threw in 2 tripods,$$$ stay on cover..etc etc they do hold their value..could have sold mine 5x over. BUY ONCE CRY ONCE..
ONE last??? ha ha..watch out for a sentinal ram..= lookout slightly seperated by the group of rams..the crotchety old solo rams are taken out because they cant look all around..
often cali rams will bed up in front of a small juniper or rock...hides/breakup outline .
i will leave BHB/BRANDEN DAUM et all to share recent long time locations.i loved spotting from the trailer park near the gas station .
cheers
Srupp

wallz
06-30-2022, 09:54 AM
I would look for the used spotters first. There is still lots of time before actually needing one, and guys will be putting them up. I run a Kowa 773 with the prominar glass. Very good reviews from the birding world, and at a decent price. About $2800 plus tax new.

pieter
06-30-2022, 11:47 AM
your thread was one of the first I went back and read again actually, beautiful ram! Did you get a mount done? If so? Do you have it back yet ?

congrats on having what looks like three generations with ya ! I'm getting the mount done by Ken Thibideau

stinkyduck
07-03-2022, 02:04 PM
I live in savona and travel to red lake quite often.I see them a bit higher up on top of the mountains when it is hot out. They are usually in bachelor groups in early sept. I will PM when i start seeing them.

RyoTHC
07-04-2022, 06:09 PM
Thanks a lot for all the offers, this site is unreal sometimes..!
those that have offered and I haven’t touched base yet, I will soon, am trying to get all my ducks in a row first!

what magnification should I be looking at to be able to comfortably glass across the lake? Any suggestions for a lightweight tripod? Those are the only two items that’ll be needed for this hunt I believe.. want to get them ordered in the next few days so I can start scouting by the august long weekend at the absolute latest.

edit, make that three items.. going to get a phone skope as well, figure that’ll make glassing much more comfortable as per the suggestions.

I haven’t decided on spotter brand yet, but figure the magnification is more important.

smeegle
07-04-2022, 06:28 PM
Go for a 65 or 80 mag spotting scope with the best glass you can afford, buy once cry once it will be an investment for life. Alpha glass includes zeiss, swaro, leica. Try them all out and get what feels best for you since your the one using it. For the love of god don't get vortex. Give Omer from Precision optics a call and outline your situation he will sell you what you need, not what you want. Tripods can vary in price but I have the Sirui recommended by Omer great value buy that doesn't break the bank....https://www.precisionoptics.net/category_s/887.htm.

twoSevenO
07-04-2022, 09:29 PM
Go for a 65 or 80 mag spotting scope with the best glass you can afford, buy once cry once it will be an investment for life. Alpha glass includes zeiss, swaro, leica. Try them all out and get what feels best for you since your the one using it. For the love of god don't get vortex. Give Omer from Precision optics a call and outline your situation he will sell you what you need, not what you want. Tripods can vary in price but I have the Sirui recommended by Omer great value buy that doesn't break the bank....https://www.precisionoptics.net/category_s/887.htm.

65 and 80 is not the "mag" of the scopes. It is the objective size.
For someone who would think vortex is so bad I would expect them to be experienced enough to know the difference. *rolls eyes*

Ryo, for glassing across the lake none of them are going to be optimal, as the heatwave affects them all the same at that distance. If it's a cool day, them yes, get the best you can afford.

If you're on a budget Vortex Razor will be just fine.
If you've decided to spend a bit more consider Kowa scopes as well. They are top notch and priced below the Likes of Swarovski.

SR80
07-05-2022, 06:46 AM
You can find pretty good deals on a used vortex razor 65, it'll get the job done if you plan on buying one just for this hunt and then re selling it after. Of course you wont be able to swing your d*ck around camp like the guys using the alpha glass though. :wink:

wallz
07-05-2022, 08:59 AM
Was visiting Omer on Saturday. I was with someone that bought elsewhere a 60x zoom minox spotter with 80 mm obj, and we had Omer mount on a tripod we were buying. Could not read the numbers on a power pole up the hill looking west. Omer pulled out a 50x zoom swaro, not even the high end model, with smaller obj lens and we were able to read the #'s clearly.
I wished I had my kowa there to compare, and we didn't want to take up more of his time to run around and get all the spotters. We did also look at bino's, and bs'd about rifle for close to 3 hours.

Get the best glass you can put money into, as it will be worth it. We both ended up with the revic tripods, and I can't wait to start shooting off mine at the range. He has sold out of them now, but more on the way.
I use a "phone cam" adapter that was made by "Tines UP", before they now decided to branch out on their own.

RyoTHC
08-10-2022, 11:23 AM
Well, time is ticking away quickly..
think I almost have everything we will need for this draw.
Quad is serviced and prepped just in case, picked up a little aluminum boat and motor so if we need to get across the lake instead of going all the way around, we will have that opportunity assuming the weather cooperates.

tripod is in the mail and on route..
Just working out what spotter, and I believe we are fully ready to start scouting.. we both have most of September off work to make sure we maximize our time.

I have reached out to several of the offers to help, hopefully I can take advantage of all the knowledge between you all now that I’m ready to focus on the scouting.

has anyone used the Athlon Ares 20-60x85 spotter? Some real world experience with it would be great.

also 65 or 85mm? It’s not something I’ll be carrying on a typical hunt in the future either way. Also if anyone can suggest if I should be getting a straight tube or angled ?

REMINGTON JIM
08-10-2022, 06:27 PM
Illegal to use a QUAD -ATV for hunting or transport for hunting in mu’s 3-28 3-29 3-30 ! RJ

RyoTHC
08-10-2022, 06:40 PM
Illegal to use a QUAD -ATV for hunting or transport for hunting in mu’s 3-28 3-29 3-30 (tel:3-28 3-29 3-30) ! RJ

explains why everyone used a boat. Maybe they will rescind it before then ��
thanks for the heads up.
time to re read the newest regs front to back to be sure.

REMINGTON JIM
08-10-2022, 07:36 PM
explains why everyone used a boat. Maybe they will rescind it before then ��
thanks for the heads up.
time to re read the newest regs front to back to be sure.
that reg has being there fir a FEW years now and will NEVER be recinded . You won’t need one where your gonna hunt any how! RJ

Ourea
08-10-2022, 07:57 PM
Never hurts to call the CO's office in advance and simply introduce yourself and tell them that you will be in the area for your hunt. Most CO's r great folks and like honest hunters and will only help.

REMINGTON JIM
08-10-2022, 09:15 PM
Never hurts to call the CO's office in advance and simply introduce yourself and tell them that you will be in the area for your hunt. Most CO's r great folks and like honest hunters and will only help.

Kammy CO Dudes are OK guys ! :wink: RJ

RyoTHC
08-10-2022, 09:35 PM
Kammy CO Dudes are OK guys ! :wink: RJ

I’ve met 5 between Kamloops merritt and Vernon and every one of them has been a stand up guy.

now for the important question, anyone have a suggestion as to whether I should be looking at a straight spotter or an angled ? Going to take everyone’s advice and sit across the lake (1km) and glass across then we will head across if and when we see a ram.

Ourea
08-10-2022, 09:50 PM
This is where I miss Coach. He was such a giver in life and helped out with so many hunts. He would be up there in a heartbeat to help any way.

walks with deer
08-10-2022, 11:44 PM
Honestly its a easy road hunt you can scout a cranker but i would just glass from south side go shoot it and if its so deep you cant pack call a guy (me with boat or horses) just kill it easiest sheep hunt in the province... let me know if you need help.i dont really care just like the floods just be fair.not monetary just team. I have boats and horses at ready but if it was my tag i would honestly just drive up and shoot tnem.

Skull Hunter
08-11-2022, 08:42 AM
What a great hunt to get. I can't give any advice on the area, but I can on the spotter. If you're looking to re-sell, stick with Swarovski as they seem to have the best resell value. Lieca and Zeiss would be next in line. They're every bit as good as the swaro, but don't seem to sell as quickly. Vortex will resell because of their lower price point, but you may have to take a bit more of a financial hit with them when you resell. Kowa's are great, but they don't seem to be well accepted in the hunting community and hence you may be sitting on it for a while to get max resell value. With that said, as was pointed out earlier in this thread you won't be counting rings or judging curls so premium optics aren't entirely needed. You can get away with a sub premium spotting scope, but you may find it more difficult to re-sell (I used a bushnell elite for several stone sheep and goat hunts before switching to swaro)

As for straight vs angled it's kind of user preference. I recently switched to an angled (swaro) and I find it a little more difficult to pick up my target, but it offers a few other advantages. If you will generally be sitting in a lawn chair while glassing, get the angled. If you're primarily going to be sitting in your truck get a straight with a window mount. You can't really go wrong either way honestly as whatever you get, you won't know the difference compared to the other.

srupp
08-11-2022, 12:17 PM
hmm agree on SWAROVSKI..I used the curved model allowed for a lower profile while spotting less pain in the neck.
srupp

RyoTHC
09-11-2022, 04:51 PM
Well guys..

I was getting worried..

not including the time I spent glassing with members from here, I spent almost 24 hours in total glassing over numerous trips and had only laid eyes on a couple ewes, a few small immature ram and one young full curl (in a farmers field lol)

today, at 1pm my buddy and I were doing a bit more glassing since it was a cool day, and looking in a couple spots that wouldn’t be my first choice where to find sheep.. low and behold at least a dozen mature rams in a band! They were quite far back in an old burn so even on max zoom on the spotter we could only see they are rams and a couple had some nice head gear..

counted 16 sheep all said and done before we left..

just a few more sleeps until we can give it a whirl to track these back down.. going to go back on the evening before opener and see if I can “put them to bed” but if not, I’m optimistic we can find one of them in 15 days. Even if it’s not the biggest one out there.

Wentrot
09-25-2022, 07:22 AM
Weeeeeell sir?

RyoTHC
09-26-2022, 08:22 AM
I Won’t be posting an update on this site.

maybe you’ll catch it on rockslide or one of the forums that actually have hunters on it.
tired of the admins enabling the whiny old men bitching about their conspiracy theory’s and putting hunting threads on the back burner.
Bunch of clowns treat this forum like Facebook and my thread that got locked where I encouraged people to post more hunting stuff was the nail in the coffin.

Anyone that helped on the hunt or with tips and information or that has this draw next feel free to reach out and I’ll share pictures and information.
aside from that, it’s time to give this forum a break.

good luck contending with the dozen or so mouth pieces that never shut the **** up about their stupid opinions and never contribute anything hunting related on HUNTINGBC***

Arctic Lake
09-26-2022, 09:05 AM
Okay not sure what happened here Ryo but I would like to see pictures and a write up of your sheep hunt .I’m on a couple of other sites but geeez all the bloody usernames and passwords gets a little much .
This is hunting site based on our province where one can contribute and ask for help and share their experiences .
I for one want to see more fellas posting their hunting and fishing experiences .
Arctic Lake m

maybe you’ll catch it on rockslide or one of the forums that actually have hunters on it.
tired of the admins enabling the whiny old men bitching about their conspiracy theory’s and putting hunting threads on the back burner.
Bunch of clowns treat this forum like Facebook and my thread that got locked where I encouraged people to post more hunting stuff was the nail in the coffin.

Anyone that helped on the hunt or with tips and information or that has this draw next feel free to reach out and I’ll share pictures and information.

good luck contending with the dozen or so mouth pieces that never shut the **** up about their stupid opinions and never contribute anything hunting related on HUNTINGBC***

Dannybuoy
09-26-2022, 09:21 AM

RyoTHC , The PM function can be useful .
I find it works out well and I only communicate with those that I want .
Cheers .

180grainer
09-26-2022, 09:59 AM

Sorry to hear that. At the time you posted that, there were over 360 people on the hunting forum. It's Tuesday at 10:00 in the morning. See you later.

pieter
09-26-2022, 10:26 AM
Sorry to hear I for one would be really interested in your hunt

walks with deer
09-26-2022, 10:34 AM
Ryo

Look at all the good HBC has aswell.. And yes one moderator in paticular has put me in time out and wven some guys that i didnt get along with I have worked with for common goals.

Ps I think your sheep story is awesome.

Roboduck
09-26-2022, 01:15 PM
That’s sad to hear. I was really looking forward to this story and photos.
All the best.

srupp
09-26-2022, 01:34 PM
HMMM absolutely insane the personal attacks by a select group...SHOULD have been dealt with by moderators early in the frackus completely understand your point of view .
People can disagree however the personal attacks MUST END .
This site is famous for the discord .
I too would love to hear of your adventure and share in your success .
cheers
Steven

boilerroom
09-26-2022, 01:59 PM
I second Steven's thoughts ^^^^^^^

bushguy
09-26-2022, 02:30 PM
HMMM absolutely insane the personal attacks by a select group...SHOULD have been dealt with by moderators early in the frackus completely understand your point of view .
People can disagree however the personal attacks MUST END .
This site is famous for the discord .
I too would love to hear of your adventure and share in your success .
cheers
Steven

"no jab .no job."

caddisguy
09-26-2022, 02:39 PM
Well RyoTHC, I am hoping you might reconsider. As others say, there is a ton of good here on HBC.

I know when one browses to the main web page and uses the "Recent Threads" feature to browse around, it is usually dominated by the noisy / non-hunting-related threads. I find the site is best used just by clicking the "Forum" section up top, then navigating to the various categories like "Mainland British Columbia", "Vancouver Island and Coastal Islands" ... click on those and virtually all the threads are hunting related. Just a general tip for anyone who might be using the "Recent Threads" feature off the main page as a go-to.

All that aside, I'd really like to see that hunt story (and pics?) posted up right here in this thread on HBC for the good of the site and my own selfish needs (after all, you did literally steal the draw from me, I would have definitely got the draw otherwise j/k) :smile:

Respect either way and congrats.

tyreguy
09-26-2022, 03:21 PM
Just posted up my son's youth hunt.

Ryo - not enough hunting stories you say? - be part of the solution not part of the problem and post up your story and share it.

BTW - i always look at your handle......RyoTHC - Roll your own?

Brew
09-26-2022, 03:50 PM
I was looking forward to this thread. Please reconsider

Arctic Lake
09-28-2022, 08:42 PM
Well Ryo are you going to keep us posted ?
Arctic Lake

srupp
09-28-2022, 09:01 PM
IMO one of the top 3 LEH DRAWS..what we all dream of winning...and it IS a huge win..congradulations again
PLEASE can we share vicariously through your adventure..

However be safe,shoot straight,leave it all on the mountain EXCEPT a huge ram in the pack

sincere good wishes
Steven

walks with deer
09-28-2022, 09:39 PM
"no jab .no job."

Yes sir more cowardly uneducated words have ever been spoken.. but lets not go there.

srupp
09-28-2022, 09:53 PM
Yes sir more cowardly uneducated words have ever been spoken.. but lets not go there.

nothing personal my opinion..govt opinion...employers opinion...Drs.opinions..

lol..never been accused of being uneducated..on this subject did my homework consulted credible medical DRS advice..and took the medication..x4...when I did get covid I got sick really sick but not into ICU and did not die...sorry...
those who think the shot will hurt them...hmmm
I certainly wasnt cowardly...hmm stood tall rolled up the sleeve and lived..
Srupp

180grainer
09-28-2022, 10:00 PM

lol..never been accused of being uneducated..on this subject did my homework consulted credible medical DRS advice..and took the medication..x4...when I did get covid I got sick really sick but not into ICU and did not die...sorry...
Srupp
Let's not go there.

dino
09-28-2022, 10:23 PM

Srupp

4X still caught it after you were told you wouldn't........ya your a genius alright.

SR80
09-29-2022, 05:40 AM
lets not turn this thread into another BS covid thread.

walks with deer
09-29-2022, 11:05 AM
For the record i like srupp alot just have a different opinion.. this is a good sample of the division in the country... I think ryo stories pretty awesome espeacially after the previous year he had but its up to him to tell.. srupp no jab no job is part of the conflict for this.

Husky7mm
09-29-2022, 06:45 PM

Perhaps the plan all along.
Anyways Good luck with your once in a lifetime tag. I hope you find something that give you extreme satisfaction and a life long memory.

vip_ruger
10-09-2022, 09:44 PM
100% Denis Kitto

Islandeer
10-10-2022, 01:24 PM
Hoping your hunt is pure and you and your ram connect, the memories will be yours to enjoy and share.

Good luck!