PDA

View Full Version : Another spring bear thread

Cody66
06-21-2022, 06:43 PM
As much as I feel this dead horse has been beat probably enough I can't come to decide where to go for this weekends bear hunt. plan on leaving Thursday coming home staurday night or Sunday, thinking of going to barriere/kamloops area or 70 mile house. Any other suggestions or tips on trying to get things done would be greatly appreciated thanks

RyoTHC
06-21-2022, 07:05 PM
As much as I feel this dead horse has been beat probably enough I can't come to decide where to go for this weekends bear hunt. plan on leaving Thursday coming home staurday night or Sunday, thinking of going to barriere/kamloops area or 70 mile house. Any other suggestions or tips on trying to get things done would be greatly appreciated thanks

go a bit higher. I’d recommend the cut blocks of 3-13.. still some snow at the tippity top, fresh green below for the sows and the boars are looking for sows. I’ve been mushroom picking all week around 1500m sometimes higher and have seen several nice bears and LOTS of crap and tracks.

Cody66
06-21-2022, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the help, I've never personally hunted 3-13 any advice on a starting point would be awesome. Thanks

S.W.A.T.
06-21-2022, 07:36 PM

Try the hwy, just got one today with the wife's suv. Nice little cinnamon, not much hide left on him and the Co's took him away.

twoSevenO
06-21-2022, 09:43 PM
Try the hwy, just got one today with the wife's suv. Nice little cinnamon, not much hide left on him and the Co's took him away.

As in, you hit it with the SUV? Lol
How's the SUV?

S.W.A.T.
06-21-2022, 10:35 PM
As in, you hit it with the SUV? Lol
How's the SUV?

Never could figure out how to post pics on this site but surprisingly not bad. Haven't checked the underside yet but looking at a new bumper and a couple sensors

high horse Hal
06-22-2022, 09:37 AM
Cody, where do you go for deer hunts? where do you want to go for hunts?
Bears are everywhere, use the trip as a building block toward other hunts and species
bears are easy and two tags can be had, perfect learning tool

Cody66
06-22-2022, 09:42 AM
Cody, where do you go for deer hunts? where do you want to go for hunts?
Bears are everywhere, use the trip as a building block toward other hunts and species
bears are easy and two tags can be had, perfect learning tool

Spent time in 7-52 last year looking for moose but since that is out of the question for obvious reason i decided to go to 3 since I've spent time there over the last few years

wideopenthrottle
06-22-2022, 11:49 AM
neither could i until i discovered that there is a gallery tab up top here and if you click on it you can upload photos to the gallery...then click on the photo in the gallery and copy the address in the address bar and paste it onto the thread...simple dimple...

aked - HuntingBC.ca Photo Gallery (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=37008&title=aked&cat=500)

pic of a deer ked

Never could figure out how to post pics on this site but surprisingly not bad. Haven't checked the underside yet but looking at a new bumper and a couple sensors

whitlers
06-22-2022, 12:38 PM
Plenty of bears running around right now. Saw 6 on Saturday in R3 at 3500-4000'. They are cruising right now so if you see one you won't have a ton of time to make a play. At least that's my recent experience.

RyoTHC
06-22-2022, 09:33 PM
Mushroom picking again tonight. 3-13. 1500 feet or so..
five bears before I stumbled into this pair …

this is tonight’s contender for “is your daddy a grizzly bear “

https://i.ibb.co/GW9kvpg/D772-E513-C185-4808-A07-B-910-E487-AAE28.png (https://ibb.co/PcM4ZjB)

hawk-i
06-23-2022, 05:49 AM
Mushroom picking again tonight. 3-13. 1500 feet or so..
five bears before I stumbled into this pair …

this is tonight’s contender for “is your daddy a grizzly bear “

https://i.ibb.co/GW9kvpg/D772-E513-C185-4808-A07-B-910-E487-AAE28.png (https://ibb.co/PcM4ZjB)

I've got one like that around my area but its hide is blacker than the one in your pic.

boilerroom
06-23-2022, 12:47 PM
quite the shoulder hump. do you bring protection into the woods when you're shroom picking?

RyoTHC
06-23-2022, 02:22 PM
quite the shoulder hump. do you bring protection into the woods when you're shroom picking?
Personally, no. I’d be too tempted to shoot bears like him with a tag still burning a hole in my pocket.
it would probably be smart to bring my 12” 45-70 but I wouldn’t carry it while I was actively picking so it wouldn’t do me any good anyways.
Idk what other peoples experiences are with blackies but they are pretty chill.. I was able to get a video of me walking up to about 25 yards they acknowledged me kept munching away, he slowly fed my direction I said “hey bear” and he ran off behind his sow like a cartoon character.

RyoTHC
06-23-2022, 02:23 PM
I've got one like that around my area but its hide is blacker than the one in your pic.

I managed to get quite a bit closer, heavily heavily rubbed out so likely was a more solid black earlier in the year, the front of his one shoulder was completely bald for a good foot or two.