PDA

View Full Version : Stop The Grizzly Killing!

Mr. Dean
11-23-2007, 01:34 AM
Looks as if there's a movement in the making. Take a look: http://media.wildernesscommittee.org/news/2004/11/1032_comment.php

Looks as if you can make comments...

http://media.wildernesscommittee.org/uploads/grizzly_post_card.jpg

Mr. Dean
11-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Oops.... Not taking comments as of now. But they do offer a choice of allowing the hunt to continue, IF you order a card.

Anyone heard this spot on the radio??

hunter1947
11-23-2007, 04:56 AM
Very interesting link ,thank's Mr Dean.http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Stresd
11-23-2007, 08:07 AM
Are you sure that this is current as all the dates on the link you gave are a few years old???
And with only 49cents postage on the ballot it's not going anywhere as I think It is 52 cents now adays.

As to Grizz. I know of three that were removed permanently by CO's west of Willy's Puddle. They were a little to far south in ranch country for their own good.

11-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Ten thousand cards shouldn't be too hard to order up (if they are free) on behalf of groups....... say our respective fish and game clubs and then send them all in saying we absolutely support the management of renewable resources in BC....in this case the g-bears!:twisted:

Mr. Dean
11-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Are you sure that this is current as all the dates on the link you gave are a few years old???
And with only 49cents postage on the ballot it's not going anywhere as I think It is 52 cents now adays.

As to Grizz. I know of three that were removed permanently by CO's west of Willy's Puddle. They were a little to far south in ranch country for their own good.

:redface: - I saw Nov 3........ Didn't even get to the 2004 part. I guess it's called Grizz Fever!

I was goog'n Grizz Hunts and it came up listed in the top 10. I'll contact them about getting some cards and see where it goes.

bruin
11-23-2007, 11:13 AM
I like the part where it says "Scientists have said for decades that trophy hunting is not sustainable"

Sharkey
11-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I hope they printed those cards on recycled paper... :wink:

11-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Although these adds date from 2004, I have just visited the Raincoast and Wilderness Committee web sites and not much has changed since 2004.
The Rainforest Conservation Society has a current program called Grizzly Project, under that link sport hunting is listed as a "primary concern".
The Wilderness Committee :(formerly Western Canada Wilderness Committee) has a page on grizzly bears, the title of the page is "Management Through the Barrell of a Gun", quote form that page "future of grizzly bears in BC is grim due to sport hunting"

Neither of these groups are our friends and always have been the primary campaigners against black bear and grizzly bear hunting in BC.

boonerbuck
11-23-2007, 01:29 PM

They need to open a 5-2 griz draw. Horsefly to Canim has a lot and they are pushing *west* from there in pretty good numbers. Williams and Lac Le Hache have more sightings than this last half century.

boonerbuck
11-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Although these adds date from 2004, I have just visited the Raincoast and Wilderness Committee web sites and not much has changed since 2004.
The Rainforest Conservation Society has a current program called Grizzly Project, under that link sport hunting is listed as a "primary concern".
The Wilderness Committee :(formerly Western Canada Wilderness Committee) has a page on grizzly bears, the title of the page is "Management Through the Barrell of a Gun", quote form that page "future of grizzly bears in BC is grim due to sport hunting"

Neither of these groups are our friends and always have been the primary campaigners against black bear and grizzly bear hunting in BC.

Those fruit cakes need to chain themselves to a tree somewhere they are logging old growth or cutting down woods for yuppy developement. Preferably pick a tree where grizzlies are a *concern* and see for themselves just how "grim" the numbers are.:wink:

Stone Sheep Steve
11-23-2007, 02:56 PM
..............And MEC used to support the Rainforest Conservation Society. Not sure if they still do or not.

SSS

Upearly
11-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I heard a radio ad this week saying that MEC, the Rainforest Conservation Society and David Suzuki were together promoting some sort of eco event coming up in the near future in the Lower Mainland. They definately are still cohorts and NOT friends of ours!!

Will
11-23-2007, 04:18 PM
I like the part where it says "Scientists have said for decades that trophy hunting is not sustainable"
They should smear the Idiot that wrote that in Sardine juice and drop him off in Reg 7 for a day or two.............
Wonder if they'd still think the Grizz Numbers are declining ? :smile:

waserwolf
11-24-2007, 10:37 PM
hunted region 4 this fall & after all the griz stories I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a griz in "self defense".

ryanb
11-24-2007, 10:47 PM
These have been out before. I even had someone come to my door trying to get me to sign and send one. Whatever, do NOT send one in with "continue the grizzly hunt" checked. The government probably doesn't read it, however it's just another letter that prominently states "STOP THE GRIZZLY HUNT", and that is all that will be seen.

Mr. Dean
11-25-2007, 03:07 PM
These have been out before. I even had someone come to my door trying to get me to sign and send one. Whatever, do NOT send one in with "continue the grizzly hunt" checked. The government probably doesn't read it, however it's just another letter that prominently states "STOP THE GRIZZLY HUNT", and that is all that will be seen.

Good point. I looked at the card 3 times before noticing the option.

Sikanni Stalker
11-25-2007, 04:51 PM
This is funny. IF they only knew.To my knowledge all grizzly hunts in BC are draw for residents, and outfitters get a certain allowance. THese amount of tags don't have an affect on the grizz numbers, as I see more and more all the time. Grizz are supposed to range a 50 mile area, but I can say that as soon as a grizz is shot or even ran off an area there is another one there very quickly. There are lots of grizz. A grizz represents about a dozen moose calf kills a year and half dozen elk calves too, not to mention what they eat of adult animals that are older, weaker or sicker.. These need to be harvested in a controlled way just to keep things happy out there I think. Do these bleeding hearts have any idea at all about balance. I don't know if I had a point here but these half baked campaings are a joke. I would love to take one of these folks to the mountains for a week or two to see what it is really like. They would be the first to yell shoot if we saw somthing I bet.LOL

betteroffishing
11-26-2007, 09:07 AM
im not sure that dropping them off in region 7 or in the mountains or seeing what the remains chained to a tree they were hugging is the answer . rather i would like to see our educated citizenry learn from errors of the past. david suzuki and the likes did you learn nothing from your activist stance on clear cutting wide swaths of forrest.
the ignorant populace stood up and engaged pollititions and forrestry rules were altered. enter stage left the pine beetle. nature finds a way to manage itself allways. to many hens in a henhouse leads to a diseased flock. a little bit of information on a lot of topics in the hands of yet more decision makers is a dangerouse thing.

Mr. Dean
11-26-2007, 10:11 AM
the ignorant populace stood up...

And we let them. And for the most part, we still do.

For the most part, I've found that it's gonna run me better than 15k to buy an opprotunity to hunt a Grizzly. If I should happen to get one, the costs go up from there.

Needless to say, it's a pipe dream.

Gotta love being bullied around by people that don't have a clue.