View Full Version : LEH moose 7B... bull tag isnt a bull tag

Quince2
05-26-2022, 07:23 PM
As if the moose leh wasnt bad enough but that little "*"
Spike/tripalm/10pt for leh WTF.

even when you think you get a bull tag the ndp **** you with the "rules" again

Gr8 white hunter
05-26-2022, 07:41 PM
NDP,that why someone dumped a pile of BS in front of J H's office door.

rageous
05-26-2022, 07:58 PM
FN band hunters can shoot any moose the see and there’s no requirement to report harvest statistics.

Even the gov proposal staff for this have no accurate info as to how many moose are taking by FN.

Quince2
05-26-2022, 09:20 PM
Its gonna be hire a native to shoot your moose and then carry it back right? Rules are rules afterall

Downwindtracker2
05-27-2022, 07:22 AM
Thanks to the courts, we can't do much about FN "hunting" or as some would call it slaughter. Moose regulations have been tightening over the years . Remember any bull in 7a ? Over the years we have had to go farther afield for any bull . I guess it's no more.

HappyJack
05-27-2022, 08:32 AM
FN band hunters can shoot any moose the see and there’s no requirement to report harvest statistics.

Even the gov proposal staff for this have no accurate info as to how many moose are taking by FN.

And once the locals up there start shooting whatever moose they want for sustenance the govt won't have any harvest stats on that either. Couldn't really blame them though even if it's technically poaching.

Redthies
05-27-2022, 08:43 AM
As a member of the FN* community, I oppose any regulations based on race only.

* FN= F you see k NDP.

high horse Hal
05-27-2022, 08:59 AM
Haven't looked , how many tags are they letting out?
consider if the offering was any-bull the number of opportunities go travel and camp and hunt would be far fewer
This isn't about success rate after all, we know its about people control

canishunter22-250
05-27-2022, 10:36 AM
consider if the offering was any-bull the number of opportunities go travel and camp and hunt would be far fewer

Some of the MUs have such few tags, considering antler restrictions, that they have effectively eliminated harvest altogether. 7-47 for example - a large and remote MU with difficult access. 2 tags per opening for a total of 8 annually. I'd be surprised if more than one bull got killed each year.

100MileGord
05-27-2022, 01:51 PM
My 7B spot seems completely shut down to non-ethnic hunters.

1. The FN who hunt the area are actually from the Yukon.
2. They do not hunt the end of summer season.
3. many FN "hunting"/poaching camps are only accessible by snow mobile indicating an active Jan-Feb "hunt" as the river system needs to be frozen. The amount of discarded jaw bones indicates a lot of cow and/or calf moose poaching.
4. There is no shortage of moose in this management unit as we consistently observe 10-15 moose in a day.

Shame on any hunter in this province who has or is thinking about voting NDP.

rageous
05-27-2022, 02:13 PM
Government staff say it only affects approx 6000 people that hunt the 7B area.

Still some think this 7B change won’t have any negative affect to their non 7B hunting opportunities.

Only one year right?

Are coming for more?

Could get interesting when the hunting regulations come out?

canishunter22-250
05-27-2022, 05:02 PM

3. many FN "hunting"/poaching camps are only accessible by snow mobile indicating an active Jan-Feb "hunt" as the river system needs to be frozen. The amount of discarded jaw bones indicates a lot of cow and/or calf moose poaching.
4. There is no shortage of moose in this management unit as we consistently observe 10-15 moose in a day.

Yup. Brutal. I was expecting 7-55 would be one of the MUs to remain open so I was a bit startled to see there are a laughable 4 or 5 tags per opening. Bonkers.

Retiredguy
05-27-2022, 05:23 PM
Government staff say it only affects approx 6000 people that hunt the 7B area.

Still some think this 7B change won’t have any negative affect to their non 7B hunting opportunities.

Only one year right?

Are coming for more?

Could get interesting when the hunting regulations come out?

ONLY affects about 6,000 people. Classic.

bchunter181
05-27-2022, 07:41 PM
wow so now its LEH but yet still tri-palm,spike, 10 point restriction and the prime rut is still all closed what BS!

Sitkaspruce
05-27-2022, 08:25 PM

If you do a count, you will see that MU's with greater than 50% crown land has zip for tags, yet MU's with greater than 50% private land has shit loads of tags. The easy way to control hunters, which is the ONLY goal, is put them on LEH, then add the 2/3/10 rule AND give most of your tags to MU's that are mostly private land.

Oh and throw the locals a bone by giving them 2 2 day open seasons with the 2/3/10 rule in last Oct and November.......

Cheers

SS

RyoTHC
05-27-2022, 08:42 PM
Lots of cheap land in Alberta and great hunting and not so many liberal idiots..

do what you will with that info.

Grand Prairie is looking pretty damn good these days eh.

canishunter22-250
05-27-2022, 09:30 PM
If you do a count, you will see that MU's with greater than 50% crown land has zip for tags, yet MU's with greater than 50% private land has shit loads of tags. The easy way to control hunters, which is the ONLY goal, is put them on LEH, then add the 2/3/10 rule AND give most of your tags to MU's that are mostly private land.

Oh and throw the locals a bone by giving them 2 2 day open seasons with the 2/3/10 rule in last Oct and November.......

Cheers

SS

All the MUs where the majority of the tags are happen to be areas where there are very few legal bulls on the big side. So it's effectively become LEH for spike-fork bulls.

HappyJack
05-28-2022, 08:12 AM

The problem with voting is there isn't a viable alternative, crooked liberals or woke ndp some choice, we need more independents running for office or a brand new party.

Arctic Lake
05-28-2022, 01:20 PM
I’m getting FED UP with all the negative narrative about our future hunting / fishing prospects ! What about us that were born here also . We need a massive protest and some sort of action concerning our future on these topics !
How about a US TOO MOVEMENT !
Arctic Lake

Sitkaspruce
05-28-2022, 07:21 PM
All the MUs where the majority of the tags are happen to be areas where there are very few legal bulls on the big side. So it's effectively become LEH for spike-fork bulls.

My work as well as our 30+ cameras say differently. We see quite a few good bulls every year, especially on natural licks. I see half a dozen legal bulls, tri's or 10+points, pretty well every year, but most are on property that I don't have permission to hunt moose on. That's the problem with the the tag numbers, more on less access and less on more access.

There is legal bulls around, you just have to dig for them.

Cheers

SS

canishunter22-250
05-28-2022, 09:48 PM
My work as well as our 30+ cameras say differently. We see quite a few good bulls every year, especially on natural licks. I see half a dozen legal bulls, tri's or 10+points, pretty well every year, but most are on property that I don't have permission to hunt moose on. That's the problem with the the tag numbers, more on less access and less on more access.

There is legal bulls around, you just have to dig for them.

Cheers

SS

Ya, I'm not arguing there there aren't tri-palms around, I've shot a few in the farmland myself, but it's a lower proportion of the local bulls that make that cut as they just typically don't get as large compared to in the mountains or north. Maybe that'll change a bit without any in-betweeners getting shot in Aug now. Hard to say how it'll all play out.

canishunter22-250
05-28-2022, 10:00 PM
I’m getting FED UP with all the negative narrative about our future hunting / fishing prospects ! What about us that were born here also . We need a massive protest and some sort of action concerning our future on these topics !
How about a US TOO MOVEMENT !
Arctic Lake

I like your enthusiasm but I think it's going to be an uphill battle against greater society's views towards us folks. Hard not to get a bit discouraged I guess.

Sadly, there are a lot of people in this dumpster-fire of a province that think Horgan is out there righting all the wrongs of the world.

"I don't feel like Satan, but I am to them.."