PDA

View Full Version : LEH is OPEN Now

IronNoggin
05-24-2022, 02:53 PM
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/sports-recreation-arts-and-culture/outdoor-recreation/fishing-and-hunting/hunting/limited-entry-hunting/leh_2022-2023.pdf

bangbangkhan
05-24-2022, 02:56 PM
ah beat me to the punch!

marcus44
05-24-2022, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the update

IronNoggin
05-24-2022, 03:16 PM
If considering entering the new 2 tag Archery Only Rosie draw in 1-05 you'd best be considering that the vast majority of the land is private, and that the landowners have very publicly stated they will not allow anyone access that they do not already know.

Just a head's up. Be a real bummer to draw only to be denied access...

Nog

decker9
05-24-2022, 03:42 PM
Blows my mind, we got the local moose leh’s back!

Ron.C
05-24-2022, 04:51 PM
well, good luck everyone.

With all the bad news in the BC hunting world, don't make it worse on yourself. Get your draws in sooner than later.

There's always a cry baby or 2 that posts they couldn't get their draw submitted on time, or the site crashed because they waited until the last moment. Happens every year :roll:

Foxton Gundogs
05-24-2022, 06:15 PM
If considering entering the new 2 tag Archery Only Rosie draw in 1-05 you'd best be considering that the vast majority of the land is private, and that the landowners have very publicly stated they will not allow anyone access that they do not already know.

Just a head's up. Be a real bummer to draw only to be denied access...

Nog
THIS the land is all private and access is not available. Now with the Mt. Hayes fatal shooting even more area is closed. Be SOB to get a draw and not be able to access the area.

bushwack
05-24-2022, 08:21 PM
Why the 2 day closures in the Peace for certain regions?

srupp
05-24-2022, 08:24 PM
hmm day 1...truth
hmmm day 2...reconciliation

chief polar bear

warnniklz
05-24-2022, 10:33 PM
Blows my mind, we got the local moose leh’s back!

Our region 5 moose allocations went back up to 2017 numbers. Some places that had 1 tag last year now has double digits...

srupp
05-24-2022, 10:45 PM
some surprises...more LEH however unusable need to crosS TZN...no go..
others in not particulary good area..or areas currently being logged
or sept..or nov...hmmmm

one area not near rez. doubled allocations in sept.
sort of selling the sizzle not the steak..but what the hell throw my name in the hat getting low on game meat.
mulie doe draws WAY down..used to be 150 in some zones..now 5..

sincere good luck to all..may try and use my hereto unused 999 priority Alberta moose draw..
Steven

PrecariousPhoto
05-25-2022, 12:07 AM
What is up with the full curl draws in Elkford? That’s not normal, is it?

Everett
05-25-2022, 05:42 AM
What is up with the full curl draws in Elkford? That’s not normal, is it?

No more open season for sheep in region 4

bullish
05-25-2022, 07:17 AM
Why the 2 day closures in the Peace for certain regions?
Yes that is very weird. I'm not sure if I'm reading things right in the new Peace moose LEH but it appears that it's not any bull but restricted to immy's, 10 plus or tii palm. The asterisk beside each zones indicates that...WTH?

canadiancon
05-25-2022, 08:32 AM
Yes that is very weird. I'm not sure if I'm reading things right in the new Peace moose LEH but it appears that it's not any bull but restricted to immy's, 10 plus or tii palm. The asterisk beside each zones indicates that...WTH?

Sadly that’s exactly how it is, makes for a hard hunt, especially since it’s only a 2 week draw.

walks with deer
05-25-2022, 08:40 AM
Ya but not two consecutive weeks lol

Huevos
05-25-2022, 09:15 AM
Looks like the 2 day closures are for the general open season! That means we can all go out and try for a triple eye guard 10 point for 4 days this year, none of which are in the rut. Yay.

rageous
05-25-2022, 09:16 AM
In regards to 7b,

Do FN have to follow the antler restrictions too?

northernest areas will be some sort of GOS?

The 2 day leh closures will be open to GOS? Benefiting the locals? division?
No moose hunting in august anymore for the licensed hunter?
There was plenty of kids that where exposed to moose hunting in Aug?
Instead FN now have Aug and first 2 weeks of Oct all for themselves.
Anything left for bow hunters?

why would the government so willingly divide everything?

decker9
05-25-2022, 09:51 AM
Our region 5 moose allocations went back up to 2017 numbers. Some places that had 1 tag last year now has double digits...

The same here, one area went from 150 5-6 years ago to 3, now is back up to 150+. Another local area, tiny area, went from 3 to 56.

180grainer
05-25-2022, 10:01 AM
In regards to 7b,

The Indians don't have to obey sweet **** all when it comes to pretty much everything in the bush. Even on those rare occasions the CO service has the balls to arrest one, the courts will pat them on the head and send them back out to continue what they were doing. Something about being racially superior when it comes to the conservation of wildlife and habitat enhancement I believe.

180grainer
05-25-2022, 10:14 AM
The same here, one area went from 150 5-6 years ago to 3, now is back up to 150+. Another local area, tiny area, went from 3 to 56.
I would immediately write to the local authority implementing those numbers and ask why.

Legacy Solocam
05-25-2022, 11:13 AM
With the GOS and archery seasons gone they seem to be comfortable pushing the leh allocation numbers back up.

IronNoggin
05-25-2022, 12:56 PM
In regards to 7b,

Of course not. Cows & calves are preferable.

The 2 day leh closures will be open to GOS? Benefiting the locals? division?

Exactly the design. To cater to local resident hunters crying for just that, while saying out of the other side of their mouth Look, we listened.

why would the government so willingly divide everything?

Because WhoreGone et al made UNDRIP The FIRST consideration in all legislation within the province.
And because they could not give a rat's ass about resident hunters whatsoever.

Nog

twoSevenO
05-25-2022, 01:22 PM
does anyone have a link to the 2021-2022 LEH synopsis?
I'm not sure why the gov site always deletes the old one. I like to open the previous one and compare the number of draws and odds between years.

igojuone
05-25-2022, 01:50 PM
I've only applied a couple times in the past so I'm confused on the individual/group/share thingy. Every 'code' I see has in the far right column either Shared or Group but no individual. Does it have to be a group or shared hunt?

wifigary
05-25-2022, 02:08 PM
does anyone have a link to the 2021-2022 LEH synopsis?
I'm not sure why the gov site always deletes the old one. I like to open the previous one and compare the number of draws and odds between years.

Because it's all on this site online now:
https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sports-culture/recreation/fishing-hunting/hunting/hunting-data

what you're looking for is in the limited entry hunting draw report

NO IDEAS
05-25-2022, 02:31 PM
After you fill in the first/second choises, scroll down the bottom of the page where you are to enter your partner name. there is 3 choice. register group/ new group/ individual. check the box you want. good luck

stosto
05-25-2022, 05:21 PM
A pretty damn seamless processes. Moneys paid, now luck is needed.

So much for all the fear mongering on here. Late, but otherwise good job government.

The Hermit
05-25-2022, 06:09 PM
hmm day 1...truth
hmmm day 2...reconciliation

chief polar bear

LOL Hahaha!

Stone Sheep Steve
05-25-2022, 07:26 PM
CBC coverage.
At least they give JZ some air time.

https://youtu.be/z_diBmCN1SU

SSS

Arctic Lake
05-25-2022, 10:01 PM
Is the LEH synopsis only online or will thee be a hard copy available ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

Retiredguy
05-25-2022, 10:11 PM
Is the LEH synopsis only online or will thee be a hard copy available ?
Thanks
Arctic Lake

AL... the LEH Synopsis is now only available online.

Arctic Lake
05-27-2022, 09:17 AM
Thank You ! Will they be available on paper ?
Arctic Lake
AL... the LEH Synopsis is now only available online.

moosecamp
05-27-2022, 09:48 AM
From their website. The LEH Regulations Synopsis is no longer being printed and there will be no paper copies available.

Arctic Lake
05-27-2022, 11:29 AM
Thank You !
Arctic Lake
From their website. The LEH Regulations Synopsis is no longer being printed and there will be no paper copies available.

ajr5406
05-28-2022, 01:20 PM
Is anyone else unable to apply for LEH? When I log into the system I only have two options: LEH applications and LEH authorizations. I can’t see where to actually apply? I’ve tried on my phone and laptop too.

Anyone else having this issue?

huntingfamily
05-28-2022, 01:24 PM
You need to update your residency credentials

ajr5406
05-29-2022, 09:12 AM
Ah, good thought! I’ll try updating my credentials and see if that fixes things. Appreciate the tip!

You need to update your residency credentials

srupp
05-30-2022, 02:10 PM
hmmm sheep....antlerless mule deer...moose shared hunt....in and done before bear hunt..
see ya guys in a couple weeks..HORSEFLY on my way Wednesday.
steven

IronNoggin
05-30-2022, 02:13 PM
hmmm sheep....antlerless mule deer...moose shared hunt....in and done before bear hunt..
see ya guys in a couple weeks..HORSEFLY on my way Wednesday.
steven

Have a hell of a lot of FUN Buddy!
Fingers crossed for a Pumpkin Head!!

Cheers!
Nog

m5wilson
05-31-2022, 08:38 PM
Hoping someone may be able to educate me a bit. I applied for a goat LEH last year and was unsuccessful (if i remember correctly the 2020 odds were in the 5:1 - 8:1 range) This year I see that the 2021 odds are listed as 0.6:1. My understanding is that would be that the area had more tags than applicants? Why didn't I get a tag? My last goat draw was 2016 I believe.

Possibly the 0.6:1 is a typo or is there other reasons one would not get a tag if the 2021 odds are correct?

nelsonob1
05-31-2022, 09:39 PM
Number applied last year divided by number of tags this year. They increased the number of tags.

m5wilson
06-07-2022, 10:06 PM
Last years odds are last years odds aren't they? The number of tags this year should not affect last years odds?

srthomas75
06-07-2022, 10:16 PM
Hoping someone may be able to educate me a bit. I applied for a goat LEH last year and was unsuccessful (if i remember correctly the 2020 odds were in the 5:1 - 8:1 range) This year I see that the 2021 odds are listed as 0.6:1. My understanding is that would be that the area had more tags than applicants? Why didn't I get a tag? My last goat draw was 2016 I believe.

Possibly the 0.6:1 is a typo or is there other reasons one would not get a tag if the 2021 odds are correct?

this does seem strange if it happened as you describe it. maybe you entered the wrong code?

m5wilson
06-11-2022, 08:25 PM
No I checked my receipt from 2021. The codes all did change by one number this year though respective to the MU zone

high horse Hal
06-11-2022, 09:18 PM
0.6:1 is the same as 6:10
you may have been one of the 10 but not one of the 6

MZac
06-12-2022, 07:12 AM
0.6:1 is the same as 6:10
you may have been one of the 10 but not one of the 6

I believe you have this reversed. There would be 10 tags and only 6 applicants in your example.

twoSevenO
06-12-2022, 08:24 AM
Is there one person out there who truly understands how LEH works?

Can we find someone who does and bring them here for an afternoon of Q&A?

Lol. I have the same questions too. And it's very frustrating not being able to get a straight answer from the synopsis or website.

rageous
06-12-2022, 08:42 AM
What happens when a group of 3 applies for a moose draw that has only one tag authorization?

justachip
06-12-2022, 08:45 AM
I believe you do not get it and they move on to the next single person.

last light
06-12-2022, 09:28 AM
What happens when a group of 3 applies for a moose draw that has only one tag authorization?

On page 2 of the synopsis under "Shared Hunts":

A group of two will be authorized to take one moose or bison, and a group of three or four will be authorized to take two moose or bison. If only one authorization remains in the draw, and a Shared Hunt group of three or four persons is drawn, the group will be authorized to take one moose or bison only.

last light
06-12-2022, 09:37 AM
I believe you do not get it and they move on to the next single person.

This is correct for "Group Hunts". I just looked it up on page 2. "Group hunts" and "shared hunts" have different rules when there is only one authorization remaining.

When applying for a Group Hunt, please be aware that the number of authorizations printed in the synopsis is tentative. In the event that there are not sufficient authorizations available to provide everyone in the group with an authorization, the group will not be drawn.

twoSevenO
06-12-2022, 05:58 PM
Can someone explain to me second choice hunts.

It has been my understanding that if not enough people apply to give out all the tags to 1st choice hunters, the rest of the tags in the allocation will go to those who didn't get their own 1st choice elsewhere.
Ex: reg 9-1 has 3 sheep tags.

Joe and Adam applied to reg 9-1 as first choice odds. No one else applied.

Bob applied to reg 9-2 as first choice and 9-1 as second choice.

Joe and Adam get tags, and Bob doesn't get drawn for 9-2 so he also gets the 9-1.

Now, this makes sense to me in an area where there are more tags given than applicants. What doesnt make sense is why would anyone put, say Kamloops lake ram, as their second choice? In what situation is it even possible to get drawn for this tag under second choice, when there is 1 tag and literally thousands of applications every year. It is 100% impossible to ever get this under second choice.

Am i missing something? or are people just wasting their time with second choice in hunts like this.

browningboy
06-12-2022, 07:33 PM

It has been my understanding that if not enough people apply to give out all the tags to 1st choice hunters, the rest of the tags in the allocation will go to those who didn't get their own 1st choice elsewhere.

Joe and Adam applied to reg 9-1 as first choice odds.
Bob applied to reg 9-2 as first choice and 9-1 as first choice.

Joe and Adam get tags, and Bob doesn't get drawn for 9-2 so he also gets the 9-1.

Now, this makes sense to me in an area where there are more tags given than applicants. What doesnt make sense is why would anyone put, say Kamloops lake ram, as their second choice? In what situation is it even possible to get drawn for this tag under second choice, when there is 1 tag and literally thousands of applications every year. It is 100% impossible to ever get this under second choice.

Am i missing something? or are people just wasting their time with second choice in hunts like this.

my thoughts are you get drawn but all the draws are gone for the first choice (due to number available), then give you your second? I could totally be wrong though

Matt13
06-12-2022, 07:38 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlQs5-wwUY

This podcast was a good listen. Answers a few of your questions.
Sometimes it’s easier to hear it than to read it

bighornbob
06-12-2022, 10:01 PM

Joe and Adam applied to reg 9-1 as first choice odds. No one else applied.

Bob applied to reg 9-2 as first choice and 9-1 as second choice.

That is not correct the computer draws everyones first draws first. Once that is dont it goes through all the second draws and hands out if there are tags.

So if this years odds are anything greater then 1:1 there will not be any second choice tags drawn. You always hear of guys saying they got kamloops lake on their second choice. I would bet my hunting license they mixed up their choices and drew their first choice and not their second.

For years I always drew my second choice goat hunt in the west koots (probably like 6 years in a row) but the first choice odds were 1:0.4 (so basically everyone got it on their first choice and they always had 50% of the available tags left for second choice. I stopped doing this once they changed the rule that of you got drawn for a tag your odds would be reduced the following year.

BHB

Ron.C
06-14-2022, 10:04 AM
Friendly reminder, 2 Days left.

CLOSING DATE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 P.M. ✽✽THURSDAY, JUNE 16, 2022✽✽

Dench
06-18-2022, 12:10 PM
I've only applied a couple times in the past so I'm confused on the individual/group/share thingy. Every 'code' I see has in the far right column either Shared or Group but no individual. Does it have to be a group or shared hunt?

Hey, I made this account a few days ago to try give you an answer, but unfortunately it took too long. I emailed the appropriate people with the same question as you and received this response.
Hello,

Any hunt code in the LEH Synopsis can be applied for as an individual applicant. This means that you will be able to apply as an individual for any species in the LEH Synopsis.

Thank you,

Ian Leeson

Data and Licensing Coordinator

Fish and Wildlife Branch

Ministry of Forests

Hopefully you were able to apply.