PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone or group going to take the NDP gov to court over the new 7b regulations

woodland2014
05-20-2022, 07:29 PM
Is anyone or group, BCWF or BC guide assocation going to take the NDP gov to court over the new 7b regulations and LEH. Is it possible to do this as this decision was not based on sciencific based and is total BS

XPEIer
05-20-2022, 08:08 PM
ya, not much chance of that if the press release stated they spoke with the BCWF prior to the decision.

walks with deer
05-20-2022, 08:37 PM
ya, not much chance of that if the press release stated they spoke with the BCWF prior to the decision.

Wrong please contact iron noggin we need to assemble a team...

Atlas12
05-21-2022, 10:29 AM
And hopefully a go fund me gets started for it soon. My next rifle fund is going to get donated to the legal challenge since I won't have much use for it at this rate...

IronNoggin
05-21-2022, 11:39 AM
I am involved with one group that will be taking the matter to court.
Just getting the ducks in a row so we stand a decent chance of success.
More on this as it becomes available.

The BCWF cannot engage directly in such litigation I believe.

I would be rather surprised if the GOABC did not launch a case soon themselves...

Nog

IronNoggin
05-24-2022, 12:49 PM
I just now received some very grim news.
The folks that I had been working with on this file have decided not to pursue the matter legally.
They cited several reasons, the foremost being they believe the case is not winnable.

I am beyond frustrated at this point.

If anyone has any other options or ideas I would be all ears.
More than willing to throw what I can in terms of time & energy towards getting this BS overturned.

Really REALLY Bummed Out! :cry:
Nog

Bugle M In
05-24-2022, 02:57 PM
Well, I am not surprised.

And again, like a broken record, if we can’t win from the outside, then the only way is “within” the political system.
More hunting and fishing folks to be involved in politics.
If not, it’s game over real soon.

I am of the opinion most of our hunts will be either closed or Leh within 20 years.

Rob Chipman
05-25-2022, 11:49 AM
The BCWF cannot engage directly in such litigation I believe.

I would be rather surprised if the GOABC did not launch a case soon themselves...

Nog

My understanding corresponds to yours, Nog.

I just now received some very grim news.
Nog

Sad to hear that.

ElectricDyck
05-25-2022, 01:02 PM

And again, like a broken record, if we can’t win from the outside, then the only way is “within” the political system.

I am of the opinion most of our hunts will be either closed or Leh within 20 years.

The way things are speeding up in the last 5 years, I'd guess we have 5 years until opportunity is so low it will take the fun out of it for most..let alone being able to justify hunting costs to the wife by bringing home 400 lbs of moose meat.

Quince2
05-26-2022, 07:08 PM
Normally protesters annoy the hell out of me but got to give credit to the tree huggers throwing horse shit at Horgans office. Thinking we need to do the same to all ministers/givernment officials involved.

HappyJack
05-26-2022, 07:15 PM

I absolutely agree with that, we have to run candidates in every riding.

srupp
05-26-2022, 07:18 PM
hmmmmm OK OK..I will run for premier of BC..LOL..hmmm on second sane reflection..thats a BIG step down...
thinking 5 years will end ALL hunting by second nation taxpayers..
fred

358mag
05-26-2022, 07:22 PM
My understanding corresponds to yours, Nog.

Sad to hear that.

And BCWF is doing .................................................. ............

abbyfireguy
05-26-2022, 09:44 PM
What do we get for the shite load of taxes… Nothing but double talk and handing over the natural resources to others .
All citizens are equal in this province as far as I’m concerned.
They sure as heck charge me enough darn taxes every year.
Id like to be given some credit as being a part owner of the resources like the FN peoples are..
I am not a second class citizen, please stop treating me like one Mr Horgan!!