PDA

View Full Version : Mr Coyote better watch his back this winter!

StoneChaser
11-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, last night being the last day of whitetail season, I was expecting (hoping) a fairly tale ending.

I'd been watching a few does most evenings since Nov 1 in hopes of seeing a buck.

~20 minutes before dark, the does came out into the clearing like clockwork, and a few minutes later out came their boyfriend.

He looked pretty decent, and I guessed him quickly at a solid 150" plus...time to move.

After a quick jog and a few minute tiptoe I was within 50yds of having a clear line of sight through the willows when I heard a few coyotes start up 500yds to the south...all heads were now up and looking in the other direction...perfect!

Seconds later however, another yote lights up with some challenge howls not 100yds to the north of me (and the deer).

Now all heads are focused my way, and the tails are starting to twitch nervously.

I creep the final 30yds in record time, and get a quick rest for a 268yd chipshot....I can already taste the whitetail steaks.

As I flip the saftey I catch movement to their left, as a big male coyote comes strolling out not 40yds from the deer...

In the blink of an eye they've covered the 15yds to the timber, and my season is over!

I waited until nearly 1 hour after sunset with no avail....

Worst of all, I let the coyote go as I was hoping for a second chance on the deer.

My 243AI is nearly built, my 280AI, 7-08AI, and 223 dialed in, and my calls dusted off....coyotes beware...payback is gonna be a biatch:twisted:

Here's a little sneak preview of what they can expect:biggrin:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/StoneChaser/Spotter041.jpg

todbartell
11-21-2007, 07:10 PM
dirty *******s! oh well the WT will be a 175" next year maybe :mrgreen:

I passed on one this evening while deer hunting, as he was mousing about in the field 300 meters out...he's lucky! 8)

butcher
11-21-2007, 07:31 PM
You fools, the only good coyote is dead. My bait piles are getting stocked and I just got another 600 kilos of bait today.

StoneChaser
11-21-2007, 08:10 PM
You fools, the only good coyote is dead. My bait piles are getting stocked and I just got another 600 kilos of bait today.

We'd have a lot easier time killing them if you hadn't spent the last 6 months educating the hell out of 'em....you shouldn't even be allowed back into Vanderhoof with a distress call let alone a howler!

SHAKER
11-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Thats the best look'n coyote I've seen today! Love to see them laying on the ground.

Gateholio
11-22-2007, 01:24 PM
I'll be in VH Jan 11-15 this winter, I'll try my best to help you guys out.:biggrin:

Fisher-Dude
11-22-2007, 02:28 PM
I'll be in VH Jan 11-15 this winter, I'll try my best to help you guys out.:biggrin:

Careful Gate, there's some WEIRDOS in that town. :|

Bummer about the whitey Stoner - he'll be waitin for ya next year!