PDA

View Full Version : archery season???

Dale
11-20-2007, 11:14 PM
I have a question. Can you use archery equipment (not a crossbow) during the regular season (rifle)?? Just a little confused about the regs and the bow season. Why would an archery season be so short? I find it tougher using a bow to harvest an animal than I do a rifle. Could someone please clarify for me? thanks

Kirby
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Yes you can. There is archery season(archery only) Youth Season(youth only) and General Open Season(Everything goes).

Bow Walker
11-21-2007, 10:15 AM
The first two weeks are for us - the bush should be relatively quiet then as far as gun hunters goes that is. Although there are people out "scouting" so it pays to get off the beaten track.

Fisher-Dude
11-21-2007, 10:31 AM
You can bow hunt from the start of early bow only right through to the end of GOS or late bow only season. Bow hunters in the province have the longest season of ANY group of hunters, for example in region 8:

Whitetail deer bucks bow only Sep 1 - 9
GOS whitetail bucks Sep 10 - Nov 24
Late bow Nov 25 - Dec 10 (either sex)

So, bow hunters get Sep 1 - Dec 10 to hunt whitetails, a full 3.5 weeks longer than GOS rifle hunters, and get an either sex season for 2 weeks. There are lots of opportunities for bow hunters in BC for sure! :D

TIKA 300
11-21-2007, 06:38 PM
You can bow hunt from the start of early bow only right through to the end of GOS or late bow only season. Bow hunters in the province have the longest season of ANY group of hunters, for example in region 8:

Whitetail deer bucks bow only Sep 1 - 9
GOS whitetail bucks Sep 10 - Nov 24
Late bow Nov 25 - Dec 10 (either sex)

So, bow hunters get Sep 1 - Dec 10 to hunt whitetails, a full 3.5 weeks longer than GOS rifle hunters, and get an either sex season for 2 weeks. There are lots of opportunities for bow hunters in BC for sure! :D

THAT MEANS ITS TIME TO SPEND MORE MONEY ????? It must be much more of a rush getting your prey with a bow. CHEERS TK