PDA

View Full Version : Float planes northern BC

Evanguy
04-30-2022, 10:03 AM
I'm just wondering if there are any planes on floats this year up in Iskut, Dease lake, Telegraph creek area

I was talking to Tatogga lake resort a few months back and they said to message after May first to book wit them, then I get a message yesterday saying, they aren't flying out of there this year and to call someone else, they did give a suggestion but I cant find any info on them. John said to contact Spatsizi river Outfitters as they have a float plane on Kluachon lake but their website doesn't mention a float plane, although I did email them

and if there is not many options for planes with floats, do any of you know of any landing strips in the Nuttlude lake area, Id be open to other locations too if I'm flying out of Dease lake (like Cry lake area)

digger dogger
05-01-2022, 06:14 AM
Klappan air
Or go to dease, bc Yukon air.

Sharpish
05-05-2022, 02:21 PM
BC YUKON AIR but be warned THEY ****ING SUCK!!!!!!!!!

srupp
05-05-2022, 02:57 PM
lol...also heard that Atlin air is NOT flying this year...
friend is already booked out of Dease..oops..2 different groups..2 different lakes.
srupp

bearvalley
05-05-2022, 04:04 PM
BC YUKON AIR but be warned THEY ****ING SUCK!!!!!!!!!
Damn good thing the charter operators don’t know the real names of guys that make comments like yours.
I bet they’d have a list of who filled an airplane seat and who didn’t.
Lol

Sharpish
05-05-2022, 04:55 PM
Not an issue. Those clowns will never get another cent of my money.

bearvalley
05-05-2022, 05:13 PM
Not an issue. Those clowns will never get another cent of my money.

Yeah…it seems some got a sour taste last year.
Oh well ….. there are options.

Jbunce
05-05-2022, 05:29 PM
Hard to book a hunt up there with out knowing what if anything is open. I booked a flight with black sheep aviation in Watson lake great and fast with responding.

ElectricDyck
05-06-2022, 07:57 AM
Word on the streets is no changes to 6 this year even if 7 changes...govt management at its best. Probably a good time to book flights for 6 if you re dates are around the moose rut...in before the rush...

Ron.C
05-06-2022, 09:17 AM
Word on the streets is no changes to 6 this year

here's hoping, partner and I had a flight booked for a bou hunt (our first fly in) for quite some time. I've been planning an elk hunt as an alternative trip assuming the worst (govt closing it all down in Reg 6/7). Still, hoping we get our reg 6 caribou fly in hunt this fall but would be a shame if our first is also our last.

Shitty any way we look at it

mikek blacktail
05-06-2022, 09:41 AM
Tattooga is closed for the season, I was told that this week. Bc Yukon air is booked solid past September 12 and Klappan air I can’t get a hold of after numerous try’s.Hope everyone has better luck that me , I had to cancel my trip based on all this.

Jbunce
05-06-2022, 11:34 AM
Hope that’s the case, from what I have heard that’s not the case but it’s all hearsay so time will tell. Can’t imagine flights being cheap this year with the price of fuel that’s for sure.

decker9
05-06-2022, 01:21 PM
Has anyone else noticed flights from muncho nearly double that of Watson or WH? Iv gotten a few quotes, Urs was way up from the rest for the same kind of distance, Round trip.

CheesyLimper
05-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Urs' prices are very high.

Has anyone else noticed flights from muncho nearly double that of Watson or WH? Iv gotten a few quotes, Urs was way up from the rest for the same kind of distance, Round trip.

358mag
05-06-2022, 02:43 PM

Save your $$ and drive to Waston Lk

Rackmastr
05-06-2022, 03:27 PM
Save your $$ and drive to Waston Lk

Becoming about the best/most reliable option these days. Tricky to be able to plan and pull off a fly-in trip in BC these days and only getting tougher it seems. Have to be ready to adapt last minute and be prepared for cancellations, lake changes, etc.

358mag
05-06-2022, 03:30 PM
Becoming about the best/most reliable option these days. Tricky to be able to plan and pull off a fly-in trip in BC these days and only getting tougher it seems. Have to be ready to adapt last minute and be prepared for cancellations, lake changes, etc.

Yes indeed , the joys of bush planes in the north .

Evanguy
05-07-2022, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I cant get a reply from anyone in the area about flying in August.

My hunting partner had to back out of out goat hunt this year. So i desided to take my daughter (shes 11 and loves hunting/hiking/camping), then my boat contact in telegraph creek has split up their relationship. So i figured id pay the extra and have a fly in goat trip with my daughter to make it as memerable as i can but i cant make that happen.

So i guess ill have to find a place we can hike in off the road in region 6.

I already have 2 weeks in August off. Maybe will have to pay to park the car at bell II lodge and hike in behind there and try and pick up the old yukon telegraph trail. Finding a spot to park a car for 10 days seems hard to do..

Avalanche123
05-07-2022, 08:51 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I cant get a reply from anyone in the area about flying in August.

My hunting partner had to back out of out goat hunt this year. So i desided to take my daughter (shes 11 and loves hunting/hiking/camping), then my boat contact in telegraph creek has split up their relationship. So i figured id pay the extra and have a fly in goat trip with my daughter to make it as memerable as i can but i cant make that happen.

So i guess ill have to find a place we can hike in off the road in region 6.

I already have 2 weeks in August off. Maybe will have to pay to park the car at bell II lodge and hike in behind there and try and pick up the old yukon telegraph trail. Finding a spot to park a car for 10 days seems hard to do..

Evanguy....the TC trail is beyond over grown....honestly with an 11 year old, I would suggest something easier. If you are serious, send me a PM and I will you a few suggestions

Evanguy
05-07-2022, 09:11 AM
Evanguy....the TC trail is beyond over grown....honestly with an 11 year old, I would suggest something easier. If you are serious, send me a PM and I will you a few suggestions

thanks ill do that, and I have read all the reports on the trail I can find and I believe it is nearly gone, I was just thinking about using that as a starting point to get off the road and then hike into the alpine. ill send you a PM now.

kitnayakwa77
05-09-2022, 07:39 AM
This.....second that opinion for sure. I have been on sections of it in that area and wouldn’t recommend at all.

geologist
05-28-2022, 02:08 AM
The snow is still deep at Jade City. I'm driving up there this Monday.

digger dogger
05-28-2022, 05:36 AM
I talked to Klappan air recently.
No problem booking a flight.
Used them last year, and didn’t hesitate to book this year.

walks with deer
05-28-2022, 01:11 PM
Probably going to close most of 6 wait for it.

JAGRMEISTER
06-22-2022, 08:30 AM
they do have a list and make your life really miserable in ways you can not believe! tips and manners get you good service, being an ass gets you trouble!

JAGRMEISTER
06-22-2022, 08:31 AM
they do have a list and make your life really miserable in ways you can not believe! tips and manners get you good service, being an ass gets you trouble!<br><br>

Cody66
06-22-2022, 08:50 AM
If your still looking into flying last season I flew with Urs... wasn't too bad only unfortunate thing was he stacked guys right on us near the end of the hunt and he couldn't get 2 planes in on our scheduled day to take our moose and guys out so 2 of us had to leave early

Evanguy
07-08-2022, 01:13 PM
I know this is an old thread now but I wanted to update it as I was talking to Mike at Klappan air. He has a plane on floats and ill be flying with him in August, not bad pricing , min flight charge both ways so around $1075 in and $1075 out after taxes.

super excited for this trip 10 days on a lake in the back country.

also want to thank Avalanche123 for helping me find a place to go when I didn't hear back from the pilot, ill keep that place for next year for my vacation, looks awesome.

Avalanche123
07-08-2022, 05:19 PM
I know this is an old thread now but I wanted to update it as I was talking to Mike at Klappan air. He has a plane on floats and ill be flying with him in August, not bad pricing , min flight charge both ways so around $1075 in and $1075 out after taxes.

super excited for this trip 10 days on a lake in the back country.

also want to thank Avalanche123 for helping me find a place to go when I didn't hear back from the pilot, ill keep that place for next year for my vacation, looks awesome.

Good to hear your flight worked out. The location I suggested will always be there.:) Good luck on your hunt.

MooseNuts
07-16-2022, 08:31 PM
What are peoples experiences with Black Sheep out of Watson Lake?

sako79
07-16-2022, 08:51 PM
here's hoping, partner and I had a flight booked for a bou hunt (our first fly in) for quite some time. I've been planning an elk hunt as an alternative trip assuming the worst (govt closing it all down in Reg 6/7). Still, hoping we get our reg 6 caribou fly in hunt this fall but would be a shame if our first is also our last.

Shitty any way we look at it

What are peoples experiences with Black Sheep out of Watson Lake?

I heard great things from black sheep. Last year was my only experience doing a flying hunt and it was the worst hunt experience of my life and that was with BC Yukon air will never ever fly with them again

Rackmastr
07-17-2022, 12:42 PM
I heard great things from black sheep. Last year was my only experience doing a flying hunt and it was the worst hunt experience of my life and that was with BC Yukon air will never ever fly with them again

Yep have had some pretty shakey experiences the last few times I've tried to fly. Black Sheep was great to deal with when we flew with them, and no BS to deal with.

BCbillies
07-30-2022, 01:20 PM
If anyone wants my flight onto the plateau for caribou out of Dease Lake Sept 10th - 22nd of this year let me know. I had a change of plans with my Alberta friends. I didn’t put a deposit down so not out any money.

Evanguy
07-30-2022, 02:43 PM
If anyone wants my flight onto the plateau for caribou out of Dease Lake Sept 10th - 22nd of this year let me know. I had a change of plans with my Alberta friends. I didn’t put a deposit down so not out any money.

spatsizi I assume? and is that a GOS hunt?

BCbillies
07-31-2022, 12:29 AM
spatsizi I assume? and is that a GOS hunt?
The Kawdy. Just a resident flight GOS

Rackmastr
07-31-2022, 03:16 AM
The Kawdy. Just a resident flight GOS

So tempting. Wish I didnt have a few other plans. The way things are going who knows what chances a guy will have at caribou in the future.